Author Topic: Music helping plants grow?  (Read 3913 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Music helping plants grow?
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2020, 09:29:48 PM »
Mike I found a snake dog. A fella down at the pub says that he can hypnotize Snakes by wiggling his ears.Lol
I'm not too sure how his ears would react to a whistling snake :)

Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2020, 09:42:11 PM »
Don't know how well that would work with an angry taipan or eastern brown snake in my area as those ears might be target practice.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2020, 11:43:26 PM »
Well Mike maybe he could just distract  that Taipan with his ears long enough for you to put a bead on him with Old Sparky.
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

Mango Stein

• Zone 7a
    • Schengen frontier
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2020, 06:48:06 AM »
People might be interested to know that there are 20 recognized "metallica" species, perhaps my favorite being Aloe (not alloy) metallica, whose anthem could well be "Don't Tread on Me" or "Harvester of sorrow" but not "No leaf clover."

Heavy metal rival "Anthrax" surprisingly has a namesake with the Colombian orchid Pleurothallis anthrax, which I can only assume is a host species for the fatal bacteria.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 06:50:25 AM by Mango Stein »
Eugenia luschnathiana = CURUIRI.    Talisia esculenta = PITOMBA
I do not recommend people deal with Fruit Lovers, Prisca Mariya or Fernando Malpartida

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2020, 09:24:43 AM »
People might be interested to know that there are 20 recognized "metallica" species, perhaps my favorite being Aloe (not alloy) metallica, whose anthem could well be "Don't Tread on Me" or "Harvester of sorrow" but not "No leaf clover."

Heavy metal rival "Anthrax" surprisingly has a namesake with the Colombian orchid Pleurothallis anthrax, which I can only assume is a host species for the fatal bacteria.

Now that is very interesting I'll have to check with Mike T on that. It could be that only the weeds grow with that type of music.Lol

Many moons ago I took a young Puerto Rican girl to a laser light show and they played Metallica The Sandman. When we came outside and got in the parking lot she told me that she may have seen the devil.Lol
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 09:27:19 AM by bovine421 »

Triphal

• US, Midatlantic, Charles Town, 6b + Lowland Tropical Zone 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2020, 10:41:24 AM »
Reminds me of the snake (defanged cobras) charmers with 'Been Pungi' / flute music! And also the mongoose and the cobra duel.
About 20 plus years ago I kept a radio tuned on to the then new kind of noise like 'Rap', 24 hours a day in my vegetable garden with only some success of deterring the ground hogs initially. After couple weeks they started to enter the garden again seem to be ignoring the 'Rap' noise! So I removed the radio.  Same with the rabbits.
Each species of snake emits a certain specific scent and you may need many dogs to pick up each different scent. For taipan, cobra and others and have each dog's specialty!

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2020, 09:03:07 PM »
Reminds me of the snake (defanged cobras) charmers with 'Been Pungi' / flute music! And also the mongoose and the cobra duel.
About 20 plus years ago I kept a radio tuned on to the then new kind of noise like 'Rap', 24 hours a day in my vegetable garden with only some success of deterring the ground hogs initially. After couple weeks they started to enter the garden again seem to be ignoring the 'Rap' noise! So I removed the radio.  Same with the rabbits.
Each species of snake emits a certain specific scent and you may need many dogs to pick up each different scent. For taipan, cobra and others and have each dog's specialty!

Do not play banjo music it only makes them dig faster. Dogs contribute greatly to humanity. They can perform so many different tasks but I don't think that we can say that man is dog's best friend.
Banjo music
https://youtu.be/a7iWBCO2i8k

« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 09:45:34 PM by bovine421 »

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2020, 06:25:46 AM »

Francis_Eric

• 40 miles west of Chicago Aurora IL ZONE 5
    • View Profile
    • https://myspace.com/undisclosedforthetime/
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2020, 06:28:42 PM »
Does That make the New Technique a sound Garden, and does the term Audio Slave offend some?
Is the Anthem for plants Tree's by rush

There is unrest in the forest
There is trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas

If plants are trying to spread their seeds  , do they despise Consumers ,
 the cherry pickers that shake the cherries out of the tree's for Consumerism
Do the tree's long for Rage against the Machine music
(or the Bob Dylan cover they did ain't gonna work on Maggie's Farm no more)
No, I ain’t gonna work on Maggie’s farm no more Well, I wake in the morning Fold my hands and pray for rain I got a head full of ideas That are drivin’ me insane It’s a shame the way she makes me scrub the floor I ain’t gonna work on Maggie’s farm no more I ain’t gonna work for Maggie’s brother no more No, I ain’t gonna work for Maggie’s brother no more

Does Poke weed grow faster in fear when hearing Tony Joe White Poke Salad Annie

I have thought of a few of these While on a post that died Harmonizing with tree's (but I can not remember )
But I feel a out cast with the trees when singing Monty Python Lumber Jack Song

tony Joe White Polk Salad Annie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRF24LY5pvw

MIKE T
Great stuff Triph and I think some in here could benefit from a little culture and who better than Sir Les Patterson ex-cultural Attache' and ambassador for the Arts to listen to. A champion of gender equality, racial harmony and gay rights. Look at a few minutes of this interview with Parkinson and the lady beside him is Jacki Weaver, best actress academy award winner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkrbfkTHCn8

That Guy is Funny, but
You mean to tell me all I have to do is have a Alter Ego of being a sloppy drunk, and wear Drag to be famous what am I doing wrong?

Funny you brought that Up I was watching a funny Person for the first time on Parkinson  ,m on that show a week or so ago
and I do not even Youtube , and Never saw the Parkinson show

Kenneth Williams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NsK7kPxub8

Not going to get in to it , but  some Humor today , but I find some of the stuff Over the top
I was only Born in the early 80's , but watched some three Stooges last night
Like to see them Fight Amongst themselves for the Bad Guys (or good guys ) attention in drag as a disguise
Now a days who ever writes this stuff it'd be over the top to busy I like the subtle humor better.

Francis_Eric

• 40 miles west of Chicago Aurora IL ZONE 5
    • View Profile
    • https://myspace.com/undisclosedforthetime/
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2020, 06:55:17 PM »
After doing that with the rap music
I hope a girl Friend didn't Run off with this Guy
Looks like he got a Bag of your stuff
Ethnobotanical stuff 
Hope everyone had Fun.

Consider yourself Lucky

« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 07:01:08 PM by Francis_Eric »

vonnyvaulx

• canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2022, 05:53:17 PM »
I have heard about this many times, and I think music really helps plants grow faster. I was so interested in this topic that I analyzed many different studies from scientists. There are other ways to speed up the growth of plants. There are many recommendations on the Internet from experienced gardeners. Recently I decided to propagate succulents. I have never done it before, but I have succeeded thanks to the information here https://succulentexperience.com/hens-and-chicks-propagation/. Now I have a little more flowers.