Author Topic: 1st Day Of Summer - 6/21/2013  (Read 8544 times)

ScottR

• USA,Arroyo Grande,Calif. 93420,zone 9b
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Day Of Summer - 6/21/2013
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 12:18:47 AM »
Kevin, nice vid of the yard love Supreme Pluot best tasting of all plum crosses. Thanks for sharing.

Zambezi

• USA, Houston, TX. Zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 02:48:30 AM »
Thanks everyone for your kind words..:)

Some shots of what's growing in my yard on first day of summer...

Wow, loved all the pics and Chorus too..:)
I really like the Artichoke flower.  Really nice garden. You're going to have a bountiful summer harvest!!..:)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 03:27:55 AM by GreenThumb »

Zambezi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 03:02:40 AM »
Cool :)

How did the Tikal taste?

:) I planted the seed... just to see if it will make it. I had gotten it a bit too ripe, and the person I got it from told me that this was the last one for the season, so I felt lucky to try it.

It had a sweet, ripe Sapodilla scent (almost floral) and was pale fleshed when compared to my Makok. Taste was nice and sweet, clean taste, with no graininess (no brown sugar taste like Makok). I liked the taste alot.

Zambezi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2013, 03:19:30 AM »
Nice setup GreenThumb. I assume you move some of the trees indoors for the winter? I used to live down in Houston, but moved to Dallas recently...kicking myself for not moving further south a zone or two!

Hey Droshi,
Yes I do. I didn't post pics of my other trees, but some ultra tropicals go in first when temps drop below 55 and later, those that can't take the frost. In ground trees, I protect with mulch, deep watering, frost cloth and a prayer..:)

Hehehe I've thought of moving south just a tad too, just to be able to grow more plants.. hehe It's not that bad though, just more challenging. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll settle in. And from the looks of your new leaves on your lychee, I think you're doing just great...:)  And if you ever miss Houston, it's only five hours away..:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk