Author Topic: Anybody Else's potted Cogshall struggling?  (Read 1484 times)

y0rascal

• Davie, FL, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
Anybody Else's potted Cogshall struggling?
« on: April 15, 2015, 08:07:28 AM »
I have my cogshall in a 7 gallon pot and it bloomed flowers, however shortly after the new leaves that bloomed curled up and fell off, it bloomed again and the bloom looked promising, however the leaves are green curling up and falling off., I have sprayed neem oil copper and citrus nutritional along with fertilizing to see if it helps but the tree looks like its dying. Most of my leaves are falling off green and the leaves are curled instead of being flat. I will try to provide pictures later today.

On my carrie the mangos that did look promising ended up splitting any reason why? i haven't been watering.

this is frustrating.

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody Else's potted Cogshall struggling?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 08:14:13 AM »
I have my cogshall in a 7 gallon pot and it bloomed flowers, however shortly after the new leaves that bloomed curled up and fell off, it bloomed again and the bloom looked promising, however the leaves are green curling up and falling off., I have sprayed neem oil copper and citrus nutritional along with fertilizing to see if it helps but the tree looks like its dying. Most of my leaves are falling off green and the leaves are curled instead of being flat. I will try to provide pictures later today.

On my carrie the mangos that did look promising ended up splitting any reason why? i haven't been watering.

this is frustrating.

On your Cogshall,  did you recently repot?  In any event, what potting mix are you using and how much water is it getting?  I would sto spraying anything on it for now.  Pictures will help.

On Carrie, in ground or in pot?  How big is it?  Same questions as on Cogshall.
- Rob

y0rascal

• Davie, FL, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 08:36:20 AM »
carrie is in ground about 7-8 feet tall, i just trimmed the carrie to prepare it better for next year. Rob i will take pictures around my lunch break

jbaqai

• JoJi
    • Northern California, Bay Area, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 10:44:27 AM »
Same thing happens to my cogshall , while other mango were okay , this one was curl up leave , sap coming out to stem

I end up cutting top and the stem which oozing sap

It's all got improved , when I reduce the watering a lot

Now producing flowers and holding up some tiny fruitlets , no growth yet

Sap is also stop

Mine is also 7 gal

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 02:30:13 PM »
In my experience, new leaves that fall off can be from either overfertilization or powdery mildew. My guess is that it's the former. Pictures may help discern.
Jeff  :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk