Author Topic: Citrumelo 5*  (Read 3201 times)

Farmerche

• 7b
    • View Profile
Citrumelo 5*
« on: July 19, 2017, 07:39:42 AM »
Is this available in the US? Is anyone in Richmond- noVA area interested in doing a scion meet and swap?
The cold varieties I have are:
Bloomsweet
Prague
10-degree
Flying dragon (I find this particular specimen's fruit to be quite pleasant, devoid of any detectable bitterness and very hardy)

Not so cold varieties
Owari
Browns select
Sugarbelle
Xie Shan
Shiranui
Meyer
Kaffir

eyeckr

• Virginia Beach, VA
    • View Profile
Re: Citrumelo 5*
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 01:12:09 PM »
I don't have the Citrumelo 5* variety but do have a couple others that might make it in your area.  If you are ever in the Virginia Beach/Tidewater area you are welcome to see and get some scions from my 'hardy citrus' trees.

Citradia

• USA/NC/Old Fort/6B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 05:43:05 PM »
The citrumelo seeds I got from eyeckr are the only citrus trees I have that survived last winter/spring without die back or dropping leaves. He's got a good variety!

Farmerche

• 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 06:47:06 PM »
Awesome! I'll actually be in VA Beach the first weekend in August. I would love to come check out your trees. The 5* looks like a solid bet for breeding efforts which is what I'm trying to get into long term. Aside from my not so hardy collection the only fruiting things I have to work with at the moment are flying dragon and ten degree. The prague and bloomsweet flowered this year but did not keep their fruits.

Ilya11

• France, Paris region, Vaux le Penil, middle of Northern z8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 09:57:14 AM »
If citrus seeds can be legally imported to US, I can send 5* to you in the autumn.
Best regards,
                       Ilya

Farmerche

• 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 01:34:37 PM »
https://epermits.aphis.usda.gov/manual/index.cfm?action=cirReportP&PERMITTED_ID=6373
I couldnt find anything about oranges or grapefruit from france, but im guessing thats because there isnt any commercial exportation of those fruits. Thee is something for lemons/limes from corsica and i have linked information for erthrog. Looks like it should be fine though. You are supposed to leave it in refrigeration for 14+ days prior to shipment to prevent transporting a type of fruit fly. I think FedEx does international shipping. When the time comes I would be happy to transfer payment for this.

eyeckr

• Virginia Beach, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 02:24:52 PM »
Sounds good Farmeche. Just shoot me a pm and we can work on the details.