Author Topic: Mamey metal defiency.  (Read 11992 times)

Tropicalgrower89

• Zone 11a, Florida
    • Pembroke Pines, FL, 33024, 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Mamey metal defiency.
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2012, 08:51:15 PM »
The only Iron supplements that work in SFLA are Chelated ones like Sequestrene138 or Millers. They are expensive but anything else and you are wasting your money. My Pantin mamey has never had any problems but I used a Seq 138 drench for a few years anyway. It's more of a problem in Dade County.     

^Are you using well or city water?

I'm growing my trees in sandy soil like you. So maybe the well water is what is causing the problems? Maybe I should get one of those inline hose filters.

I use canal water for my yard. Better than city water for sure!

Cool. I'm using a sprinkler well which sucks up water from the shallow aquifer,  not the deep limestone aquifer. It smells like rotten eggs and stains the walls.
Alexi

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Mamey metal defiency.
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2012, 08:23:43 AM »
Actually, South Florida soils vary a lot--- one should not generalize muck, sand, shell rock, and limestone soils.

The sandy soils in eastern Palm Beach county, ancient sand dunes, are mildy acidic--- when they are not mixed with construction rubble, shell rock, or other bad fill, and are not watered with high pH water.  Correcting iron deficiency here, and also in many nursery potting soils, is most effectively and economically done with Sequestrene 330 or equivalent products.
Har

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk