Author Topic: Tainung -1 papaya  (Read 1549 times)

dragon

• San Diego
    • View Profile
Tainung -1 papaya
« on: August 23, 2017, 01:05:30 AM »
Does anyone know how tall is this tree? Is its fruit sweet? I just bough 3 little trees and wonder how long it take to bare fruit?

Can I plant in container and what is the good container size for this variety?

Please share with me your experince with this papaya. Thanks

lebmung

• Romania, Bucharest,7b (inside city 8a)
    • View Profile
    • Plante tropicale
Re: Tainung -1 papaya
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 06:37:36 AM »
Does anyone know how tall is this tree? Is its fruit sweet? I just bough 3 little trees and wonder how long it take to bare fruit?

Cultural practices is the same as any papaya. Seedlings die very easily so you need to take care with watering.
Minimum pot to bear fruits should be 30 litres.
I found optimum is 70 litres. From seed to flowering it takes 5 months here, to bear fruit 8-9 months.

dragon

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 10:41:43 AM »

Cultural practices is the same as any papaya. Seedlings die very easily so you need to take care with watering.
I found optimum is 70 litres. From seed to flowering it takes 5 months here, to bear fruit 8-9 months.

Thank you for sharing the information about this papaya . I am very nervous to take care the seedling right now because I had bought 4 seedlings before and they all died. THis time I will be stingy to water them.

Do you plant this papaya? Is it sweet.? And how tall is the tree when it has fruits?

lebmung

• Romania, Bucharest,7b (inside city 8a)
    • View Profile
    • Plante tropicale
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 03:11:20 PM »

Thank you for sharing the information about this papaya . I am very nervous to take care the seedling right now because I had bought 4 seedlings before and they all died. THis time I will be stingy to water them.

Do you plant this papaya? Is it sweet.? And how tall is the tree when it has fruits?

I grow many papayas, but I've never had this one. Form what I know this hybrid is sterile. Any papaya should star flowering at 75-100 cm. Like I said deep pot will make it grow fast and bloom soon. Unfortunately  winter is coming so expect a very slow growth. TH thing is if you put them in a big container now they will die. You won't be able to control your watering. So I suggest you to transplant them in a 6 litres container until spring, then move them to a big one.

dragon

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 04:34:22 PM »
I grow many papayas, but I've never had this one. Form what I know this hybrid is sterile. Any papaya should star flowering at 75-100 cm. Like I said deep pot will make it grow fast and bloom soon. Unfortunately  winter is coming so expect a very slow growth. TH thing is if you put them in a big container now they will die. You won't be able to control your watering. So I suggest you to transplant them in a 6 litres container until spring, then move them to a big one.
[/quote]

Thanks, will do as you recommended

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk