Author Topic: japanese seedseller sells Willughbeia almerii  (Read 4352 times)

Tropheus76

• East Orlando 9B
    • View Profile
Re: japanese seedseller sells Willughbeia almerii
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 08:20:11 PM »
I wish he had an English translation. There's a bunch of interesting stuff I would want to try.

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 08:29:59 PM »

So because they are germans they must sell dead seeds? Those seeds just arrived according to the website and i think the germans will give refunds without problems, that's how i know germans and their service. But if you have different experience then post it.

There are several big seedshops from Germany, i also just found that they work together with one from japan. I also have no idea if those seeds will be alive, but hey they are germans and japanese who work together, ideal combination.
When are you going to stop being naive and recommend every seed seller out there!!?? They had these "ultra rare Willughbeia " seeds for sale through ages. I've seen this site for 3 years.  If they have true sources then maybe they should not steal picture from rarepalmseeds.com, don't you think? Like Dorgon they always have every rare seed in stock anytime of the year, season or not. And who would want to order some 3-9 months old artocarpus sarawakensis from Germany, when germination lifespan is very short :o. They probably microwave seeds to prevent sprouting ;D. Just because they have some true seeds does not mean anything, when they know it wouldn't' sprout. Makes them no better than Dorgon.
German seller means nothing. Every nation has crooks and btw Benz quality sucks in recent years!
I personally know a person who did not get paid by German company for a load of lumber. When he showed up at their offices, they pretended like they never seen him before. Here you go, reliable Germans ;D.

edit: picture of grumichama stolen from Montoso gardens( http://www.montosogardens.com/eugenia_brasiliensis.htm). Sugar apples picture stolen from Ian Maguire ( http://www.imagejuicy.com/images/plants/a/annona/2/).  Just couple examples, almost all pictures stolen copyrights. Many other pictures from rarepalmseeds.com  And a lot of pictures I recognize as Dorgon pictures. I would not be surprised they are working together, or this guy buys from Dorgon unknowingly 'wholesale".
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 09:20:41 PM by DurianLover »

Faldon

• south korea, pusan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 01:01:30 AM »
Dear

I know that site. "TOTAL SEEDS" is korean site but korean site was closed last year.

I don't know he opened japanese site or not. I remembered some seeds are germinated , some seeds are not germinated.

but as u know korea is not tropical region. so I am not recommend buy tropical seeds that stie.

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 02:29:37 AM »
I think the bottom line is, don't recommend someone if you haven't bought their seeds and gotten decent germination.  Even then, you may not be sure that you bought what you thought you bought (for a few years anyway). 

Not sure that Bangkok was really recommending this guy yet or just calling attention to a potentially interesting new source for seeds.  Since we are mostly all addicts on this forum, we are suckers for the thieves out there...

John

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 06:04:07 AM »

So because they are germans they must sell dead seeds? Those seeds just arrived according to the website and i think the germans will give refunds without problems, that's how i know germans and their service. But if you have different experience then post it.

There are several big seedshops from Germany, i also just found that they work together with one from japan. I also have no idea if those seeds will be alive, but hey they are germans and japanese who work together, ideal combination.
When are you going to stop being naive and recommend every seed seller out there!!?? They had these "ultra rare Willughbeia " seeds for sale through ages. I've seen this site for 3 years.  If they have true sources then maybe they should not steal picture from rarepalmseeds.com, don't you think? Like Dorgon they always have every rare seed in stock anytime of the year, season or not. And who would want to order some 3-9 months old artocarpus sarawakensis from Germany, when germination lifespan is very short :o. They probably microwave seeds to prevent sprouting ;D. Just because they have some true seeds does not mean anything, when they know it wouldn't' sprout. Makes them no better than Dorgon.
German seller means nothing. Every nation has crooks and btw Benz quality sucks in recent years!
I personally know a person who did not get paid by German company for a load of lumber. When he showed up at their offices, they pretended like they never seen him before. Here you go, reliable Germans ;D.

edit: picture of grumichama stolen from Montoso gardens( http://www.montosogardens.com/eugenia_brasiliensis.htm). Sugar apples picture stolen from Ian Maguire ( http://www.imagejuicy.com/images/plants/a/annona/2/).  Just couple examples, almost all pictures stolen copyrights. Many other pictures from rarepalmseeds.com  And a lot of pictures I recognize as Dorgon pictures. I would not be surprised they are working together, or this guy buys from Dorgon unknowingly 'wholesale".

I read that website and the pingan seeds just arrived it said in german language. It is possible to bring seeds by plane, i've done it myself. Also it is not said that old seeds won't sprout, so far all my seeds ever sprouted, rotten ones or dried ones.

I won't call it naive to look around for new deals, i call it exploring and by this forum i can ask more info from a seller. I also guess the german will send a refund or new seeds, nobody tried to get that? Also for seeds from 2-3 euro it's not a big deal but those pingans should be good for 12 euro.

Also i don't care at all if i buy seeds and the picture was copied from another website or they swap amounts of seeds between sellers.

Germans usually give good products and good warranty. Yes a Benz. is a crappy car these days but they will offer you a new one if you have been back for repairs more then 25 times. But in general Germans and Japanese are the finest people to do business with and have the best products, for cars you need Japanese though.

I didn't know that website totalseed is korean, but that doesn't matter, i only want seeds who are viable that's all. Even old seeds can be viable and i have good experience with sprouted seeds in the mail.

msk0072

• Greece, Crete, Hania, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 06:25:50 AM »

I fully agree with you
Minimum order by rarepalmseeds is 30euros. That isn't low. Do not order from them perishable seeds. No chance to get them viable
Mike

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 02:44:18 PM »

Also i don't care at all if i buy seeds and the picture was copied from another website or they swap amounts of seeds between sellers.

My point is if you have to fish for pictures on the internet than it puts entire operation of reseller in doubt. Genuine suppliers should provide their own pictures. We have Indonesian guys reselling on this forum. They always provide pictures from their suppliers. I do not doubt their integrity. Also Japanese website sells snow white and green flesh durians which do not exist. No one ever heard of them. I know for a fact those pictures comes from Dorgon.

Reply to HIfarm. Yes, he did not recommend this seller specifically, but in a previous post gave strong hint that basically everything from Germany and Japan comes with highest quality and integrity. While I generally agree with him, its clearly not the case with these websites.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 05:47:29 PM »

My point is if you have to fish for pictures on the internet than it puts entire operation of reseller in doubt. Genuine suppliers should provide their own pictures. We have Indonesian guys reselling on this forum. They always provide pictures from their suppliers. I do not doubt their integrity. Also Japanese website sells snow white and green flesh durians which do not exist. No one ever heard of them. I know for a fact those pictures comes from Dorgon.

Reply to HIfarm. Yes, he did not recommend this seller specifically, but in a previous post gave strong hint that basically everything from Germany and Japan comes with highest quality and integrity. While I generally agree with him, its clearly not the case with these websites.

My point is that i want viable seeds for the lowest price and the easyiest way to buy (and that's ebay only). For the rest i don't care, sure i want the real seeds of course. But in Asia it is very common to not know a variety name, have only local name or even wrong name.

I guess that Dorgon also swaps seeds with that japanese seller, they both have rare citrus species that i didn't see anywhere else. Also i saw mexican garcinia for sale on that japanese or the korean site. Well there are people who swap big quantity's of seeds to resell them on their part of the world, nothing new to me and i wish them all the luck. Thanks to their work/hobby we are able to get new species or whole new fruittree's.

What makes you sure that green durian doesn;t exist? Have you seen them all ripe or unripe? Guys like that do their very best to find something special and then another person from the other side of the world can tell if it is real or fake? The longer i live in Asia the less i think i have seen it all.

And the white mango is also sure possible for me.

That japanese site is online for more then a year now so i guess they must be doing something right. I can't believe their prices though, 0.2 euro for willughbeia almerii seed is a good deal.

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 06:29:56 PM »
I see you are "stuck" and will never change. Good luck with those 20 cents seeds from ultra expensive Japan and ever seeing green flesh durian with your own eyes.

Sumatraexotics

• Indonesia, Sumatra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 09:38:27 PM »
Bangkok, all buyer will buy with their risk. So all will be very carefully see every good recommendation, bad comments,  etc  for seller/seed source. If the point s you recommend them so much, you will also take all negative effect if buyer experience bad from the seller.

If you only get attention for new link/site, just say, I let you all know new link, don't waste time and so defensive , just let it to other member comment to the seller. Do you remember "Don't waste time"?

Reader only like to see new link with good or bad comments here,  so buyer ll decide want to buy or not.
Never know so many data from other, only this forum, I like it.
Email: tks4ady@gmail.com
FB: sumatraexotics@gmail.com
LINE:

Be careful use facebook, they deleted my previous accout sumatraexotics@yahoo.com, because I refuse to give them pic of my government ID card.

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 02:03:25 AM »
I checked that website and as Faldon said, part of it is still written in korean language, part is rewritten to japanese and english. It is impossible to hold that sortiment fresh and ready for sale like that page tries to present. And I see typical scam - so typical for Dorgon  - selling seeds of variegated citruses the way that buyer thinks that he will get variegated plant from those seeds - the chance to get variegated citrus from seeds of variegated plant is the same like from non variegated plants - so very close to zero.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 02:08:11 AM by Radoslav »

insect

• View Profile
Hi,
I've seen a topic about a japanese seed seller but, the link was no more available.
Will someone know how could i buy or exchange:
- elaeagnus macrophylla
- Vaccinium praestans = Iwa tsusuji (co jp japon), krasnika (ru), kamchatka (uk)
- Dioscorea batatas? (with aerial tubers)

does anyone know a "superfood" seller could send the dry fruits? with seeds inside; or alone seeds, seeds seller, ...