Author Topic: Choerospondias axillaris and Machilus edulis-any requirement?  (Read 5896 times)

Roy-Ind

• India,Andhra Pradesh,Vijayawada
    • View Profile
Choerospondias axillaris and Machilus edulis-any requirement?
« on: December 23, 2014, 12:19:08 AM »
Nepali Hog Plum/Lapsi -Choerospondias axillaris and Nepali Avocado/Pomsi -Machilus edulis/Persea fructifera will be available soon with me.
If anyone is interested,please PM me.
Roy

Roy-Ind

• View Profile
Re: Choerospondias axillaris and Machilus edulis-any requirement?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 02:02:30 AM »
A limited quantities of both the seeds will be available with me within 5 days
It is difficult to get them again by me
Please PM me urgently,those took seeds from me in the past but they had not germinated or they did not reach the recipients
I shall supply them at cost plus postage
Both species can tolerate cold.
I have a long list of other seeds which can be given absolutely free

Roy
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 01:12:04 AM by Roy-Ind »

Roy-Ind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 09:12:53 AM »
Is no one interested seeds of Choerospondias axillaris and Machilus edulis ?

Roy

Miguel.pt

• Portugal, Northwest, climate 9a/9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 01:42:25 PM »
Hello Roy
You have PM and Email.
Thank you
Miguel.pt

Roy-Ind

• View Profile
Every year I am buying these seeds,hoping that forum members would buy from me
This year also I did not find any new buyer
 Roy

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 05:30:33 PM »
Roy, you failed to understand few things regarding this forum. Most forum members live in subtropics, not tropics. Number of seeds you offer may not be suitable for their climate. Also majority of forum members grow trees in just enough space around their house and small backyard. They don't have empty land luxury to experiment with unknown or little known species. They would rather plant already proven stuff like certain mango and avocado varieties. And even many who live in tropics with a lot of land, don't have desire to collect and experiment with new species. So, basically you are left with only few select forum members as your potential clients. Hope this helps you. Take care...

Roy-Ind

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 11:33:00 PM »
Durian lover Thank you
Since I belong to North East India,I offer mostly sub tropical species.

Roy

Rtreid

• Zone 10a Sunset zone 24
  • Zone 10a, Sunset 24, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 02:45:27 PM »
Roy, you failed to understand few things regarding this forum. Most forum members live in subtropics, not tropics. Number of seeds you offer may not be suitable for their climate. Also majority of forum members grow trees in just enough space around their house and small backyard. They don't have empty land luxury to experiment with unknown or little known species. They would rather plant already proven stuff like certain mango and avocado varieties. And even many who live in tropics with a lot of land, don't have desire to collect and experiment with new species. So, basically you are left with only few select forum members as your potential clients. Hope this helps you. Take care...

Durian Lover,
I think you are being a bit harsh with Roy here.  I think he understands well the members of the board and is simply attempting to help to spread the diversity of India's edible and medicinal species to the rest of us.  Sure there are not a lot of people on the forum that are interested in trying new plants, but those of us that are welcome what Roy has to offer.  The seeds that I have received from Roy have all been of high quality, well packed/shipped and are growing very nicely in my very sub-tropical location.  At least he is not trying to pitch wholesale quantities of durian seeds to the possibly 3 people on the forum that could actually grow durian  ::).

A number of us on the forum realize that there is a whole world of edible plants out there, and we greatly appreciate Roy's helping us discover and propagate those species.

Cheers,
Richard
PS I received these seeds from Roy last year, otherwise I would have taken him up on his offer.

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 02:55:24 PM »
People may also be more keen with pictures and information/descriptions of taste especially with a lesser known genus. Just alittle bit of marketing goes a long way! I also personally won't bother inquiring without an upfront price. Almost all my seed purchases are impulse buys and sexy pictures of the fruit would certainly help in that regard!
That being said I think there's more market for obscure species than it seems potential buyers just need to know why to buy your plantS seeds over the others available!
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 03:15:35 PM »

Durian Lover,
I think you are being a bit harsh with Roy here.  I think he understands well the members of the board and is simply attempting to help to spread the diversity of India's edible and medicinal species to the rest of us.  Sure there are not a lot of people on the forum that are interested in trying new plants, but those of us that are welcome what Roy has to offer.  The seeds that I have received from Roy have all been of high quality, well packed/shipped and are growing very nicely in my very sub-tropical location.  At least he is not trying to pitch wholesale quantities of durian seeds to the possibly 3 people on the forum that could actually grow durian  ::).

A number of us on the forum realize that there is a whole world of edible plants out there, and we greatly appreciate Roy's helping us discover and propagate those species.

Cheers,
Richard
PS I received these seeds from Roy last year, otherwise I would have taken him up on his offer.

I did not try to be harsh in any way.  I did buy some stuff from him. I think he is puzzled why out of 1000's of members, only limited numbers are showing interest in rare seeds.  My explanations is the way I see it, perhaps I'm wrong. On a second thought he is right actually. Majority of the seeds are from subtropics. I honestly wish more people supported his efforts. And, yes marketing could be improved a bit.

Roy-Ind

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 09:57:21 PM »
Thanks Richard
Durian Lover did not buy anything from me.He gave me so many seeds.I reciprocated him.
I did trading with Stuart but I still do not know whether he received my packets.
Many of my friends on the forum offer me money but I refuse and sometimes I take.
I gave this message purely because of the fact that that last year some of forum members received(some  bought and some traded) but might not have been successful in germinating POMSI(Machilus edulis/Persea fructifera).There was inquiry last year for this so I got this year from the hills with much difficulty.
In reality I like exchange of seeds for growing although I do not live in my land but there are a few people who do not keep promise to send seeds.I also did the same but I shall rectify myself.
I love this forum as I have got some good friends throughout the world,otherwise who would have known this guy from India.
There was a guy from Japan who had asked me about POMSI and I wrote him but there is no response.
Thanks.
Roy
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:54:34 PM by Roy-Ind »

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 10:59:55 PM »
Choerospondias axillaris is a fruit grown in Nepal and surrounding areas. Its native name in Nepal is Lapsi, its also grown in India (assuming this is where the seed source is from).

More info here; https://diebodenkultur.boku.ac.at/volltexte/band-54/heft-1/paudel.pdf

It grows in regions upto around 5,000ft/1500m, in a subtropical region. No idea on exact cold tolerance, but I believe it can withstand temps down into the 20s.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 04:04:17 PM »
Thanks Richard
Durian Lover did not buy anything from me.He gave me so many seeds.I reciprocated him.
I did trading with Stuart but I still do not know whether he received my packets.
Many of my friends on the forum offer me money but I refuse and sometimes I take.
I gave this message purely because of the fact that that last year some of forum members received(some  bought and some traded) but might not have been successful in germinating POMSI(Machilus edulis/Persea fructifera).There was inquiry last year for this so I got this year from the hills with much difficulty.
In reality I like exchange of seeds for growing although I do not live in my land but there are a few people who do not keep promise to send seeds.I also did the same but I shall rectify myself.
I love this forum as I have got some good friends throughout the world,otherwise who would have known this guy from India.
There was a guy from Japan who had asked me about POMSI and I wrote him but there is no response.
Thanks.
Roy
Sorry to say I did not recieve the seeds Roy:( but I'm fairly certain it was my postal service not yours as most of the end of last year they were involved in typically South African very violent strike. There's still hope though I recieved a pack of five month old durian seeds yesterday ha ha ha ha at least I don't think what you sent me was mostly recalcitrant. I can't remember please let me know if my seeds never reached you(anyone who didn't get ever please PM me!) and i will do my best to replace.
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

insect

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 01:50:57 PM »
Hello;
I begin using this forum so that i hope i understand enough how to use it;
I sent 2 Private Messages, i didn't have answer, i hope i didn't fail to find them
So i now try a public message, please telle me how to find
- pomsi
- discorea batatas
- elaeagnus macrophylla
- vaccinium praestans
A couch surfing friend says he have some POMSI but could send it only in india; i search someone could send it to me in france.
I have a very big  collection mostly for temperates climates but also subtropical. I will be happy to give some or exchange.
Let me knw how we could help each other;
Kind regards,
Jean CHEVAL
310 ch tubasse
13540 AIX Puyricard
France

starch

• My brain is like oatmeal
    • Chandler, AZ. zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 02:08:03 PM »
Hello;
I begin using this forum so that i hope i understand enough how to use it;
I sent 2 Private Messages, i didn't have answer, i hope i didn't fail to find them
So i now try a public message, please telle me how to find
- pomsi
- discorea batatas
- elaeagnus macrophylla
- vaccinium praestans
A couch surfing friend says he have some POMSI but could send it only in india; i search someone could send it to me in france.
I have a very big  collection mostly for temperates climates but also subtropical. I will be happy to give some or exchange.
Let me knw how we could help each other;
Kind regards,
Jean CHEVAL
310 ch tubasse
13540 AIX Puyricard
France

Insect,

This thread is 2 years old. I would suggest making a new post in this forum (Tropical Fruit Buy, Sell, Trade) with the title WANTED: (seeds/plants you are looking for).

It will get more attention that way.
- Mark

Roy-Ind

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 02:25:02 AM »
I replied to INSECT
Sorry I was sick
Roy