Author Topic: (Update 06-12-2017) Kepel, Engkala, Artocarpus sarawakensis, Salacca affinis  (Read 90960 times)

bangkok

• View Profile
Re: [BORNEO] "Willughbeia angustifolia & Willughbeia sarawakensis"
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2015, 06:23:42 AM »
Which one is called Kubal madu?

And what do the seeds cost?

adhyt_blank

• Central Borneo, Indonesia,
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2015, 06:35:16 AM »
Could you please describe both species?
In your opinion, which one tastes better?

Actually both from the same family. But both have a different flavor. Willughbeia angustifolia has a sour taste, while Sarawakensis sweeter.

I prefer sarawakensis because I do not like the sour taste of angustifolia.  :)
Thank You and Best Regards,
Adhyt

adhyt_blank

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2015, 06:38:28 AM »

Willughbeia sarawacensis is a "Kubal Madu".
Adhyt

vipinrl

• India, Western Ghats, Kerala
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2015, 06:40:25 AM »
Actually both from the same family. But both have a different flavor. Willughbeia angustifolia has a sour taste, while Sarawakensis sweeter.

I prefer sarawakensis because I do not like the sour taste of angustifolia.  :)
Ok, thank you for the information.
Please provide the cost for seeds including shipping charges.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2015, 08:45:08 AM »

This website calls the angustifolia also kubal madu.

I think there is confusion about those fruits.

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2015, 10:58:10 AM »

Like so many sellers he completely ignores the price questions
 Not even so much as an explanation as to the reason prices can't be quantified at this time no instead they always act as if it wasn't even asked ?? How can you just ignore a customers question simply because you don't wantvto answer it?
These seeds are incredibly rare but maybe the only way to change this is just to boycott sellers who do such dodgy business practices and waste everyones time.

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

adhyt_blank

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2015, 11:11:55 AM »
 Not even so much as an explanation as to the reason prices can't be quantified at this time no instead they always act as if it wasn't even asked ?? How can you just ignore a customers question simply because you don't wantvto answer it?
These seeds are incredibly rare but maybe the only way to change this is just to boycott sellers who do such dodgy business practices and waste everyones time.
[/quote]

for the price I've sent a PM to them my friends  :)
because I thought the ability of people to buy and bargain vary, so it may be better in my way. :)

Thanks for you attention.
Adhyt

vipinrl

• India, Western Ghats, Kerala
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2015, 11:38:21 AM »
Yes, he sent PM with various options. I am currently bargaining with him ;).
He is a really nice person to deal with and he is very fast to reply.

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2015, 11:43:48 AM »
 Not even so much as an explanation as to the reason prices can't be quantified at this time no instead they always act as if it wasn't even asked ?? How can you just ignore a customers question simply because you don't want to answer it?

because I thought the ability of people to buy and bargain vary, so it may be better in my way. :)

[/quote]

It's just my opinion adhyt_blank  I come from a culture where bargaining is just not done I have never bargained in my life and have only ever paid asking price. I also have no skill or desire to bargain. I see a price weigh up the opportunity costs involved with me not spending my money else where and I either buy or not I would never even consider bargaining someone down but others will be different so if someone asks a price like bangkok did I would expect you to say "price is negotiable" then everyone knows whats up. I personally would not bother but others I'm sure would be happy to bargain with you I just feel it is better to state your intentions from the beginning :)
You are a welcome addition to this forum:)
 and I apologise if I seemed rude, lack of price happens to be a pet hate of mine related to the fact that I only ever pay asking price.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:48:38 AM by stuartdaly88 »
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

adhyt_blank

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2015, 12:03:11 PM »
It's just my opinion adhyt_blank  I come from a culture where bargaining is just not done I have never bargained in my life and have only ever paid asking price. I also have no skill or desire to bargain. I see a price weigh up the opportunity costs involved with me not spending my money else where and I either buy or not I would never even consider bargaining someone down but others will be different so if someone asks a price like bangkok did I would expect you to say "price is negotiable" then everyone knows whats up. I personally would not bother but others I'm sure would be happy to bargain with you I just feel it is better to state your intentions from the beginning :)
 and I apologise if I seemed rude, lack of price happens to be a pet hate of mine related to the fact that I only ever pay asking price.
[/quote]

Thank you friends for your advice, the future I will try to be better. I am just a newcomer who do not understand how the desire of various people. Hopefully this does not make the problem.  :)
Adhyt

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2015, 02:01:08 PM »
Funny, I still do not see any prices.  It does not seem that you are trying very hard to do better.  I would guess that the vast majority of members of this forum reside in countries where bargaining is not typical practice.  I find it offensive that many sellers persist in posting without prices and taking advantage of forum members when they can.  In my opinion, there should be NO postings with offerings for sale without prices included in the posting.

Thank you friends for your advice, the future I will try to be better. I am just a newcomer who do not understand how the desire of various people. Hopefully this does not make the problem.  :)
[/quote]

adhyt_blank

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2015, 02:32:38 PM »
Funny, I still do not see any prices.  It does not seem that you are trying very hard to do better.  I would guess that the vast majority of members of this forum reside in countries where bargaining is not typical practice.  I find it offensive that many sellers persist in posting without prices and taking advantage of forum members when they can.  In my opinion, there should be NO postings with offerings for sale without prices included in the posting.
sorry my friend, its was still in the post edit. But now it is finished.
Adhyt

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2015, 11:39:05 PM »
 Not even so much as an explanation as to the reason prices can't be quantified at this time no instead they always act as if it wasn't even asked ?? How can you just ignore a customers question simply because you don't want to answer it?

[/quote]

Stuart that is why I buy from Maryoto, he is a straight shooter and his willughbeia shipment is fast! So is his personal communication!😄
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:47:06 PM by Coconut »
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

bangkok

• View Profile
Re: [BORNEO] "Willughbeia sarawakensis"
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2015, 08:48:58 AM »
I bought some seeds from Adhyt, i hope they arrive well.

We have talked about this before but then Adhyt was not a member of this forum i guess.

The best is to always mention the price for 5-10 seeds because that's what most members will buy. Big quantity prices can be done by PM.

Also it is best to tell if shipping costs are included or not.

I normally never buy from sellers who don't show their price, i have a white skin and will be charged double for that and i hate it. In Europe we don't do that, all humans are the same and i like that.

Thai vendors try to cheat me every day but if they don't show the price i just won't buy anything. I can bargain in Thai language but i get tired of doing so at temperatures of above 30 celcius. Singaporeans have a saying now: "Don't Thai me please!" It means: don't cheat me or waste my time. Thai are very angry about that but they deserve it 100%  ;D ;D

adhyt_blank

• View Profile
Re: [BORNEO] "Willughbeia sarawakensis and Annona Squamosa"
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2015, 02:03:51 PM »
"Srikaya Jumbo" seeds is available...
Adhyt

jmc96

• Wallarah, NSW, Australia, Zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2015, 03:24:07 PM »
1. Willughbeia Sarawakensis (Dango/Gitaan)
Ready for seeds...
Price : 1 package contains 5 seeds $18.75 USD  :)

2. Annona Squamosa (Srikaya jumbo)
Limited seeds...
Price : 1 package contains 10 seeds $27.50 USD

Buy a lot will get discount and reseller welcome  :)

How to order?
* Please send a PM to me to include your name, shipping address and how many packets.
* And then I will calculate the cost for you.
* If the deal then I will send you my paypal account and make your payment.
* Then seeds will be sent to you.

Thank you & regards,
Adhyt

Interested in Willughbeia Sarawakensis (Dango/Gitaan) but is postage extra to Australia?

adhyt_blank

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2015, 05:38:25 PM »
Interested in Willughbeia Sarawakensis (Dango/Gitaan) but is postage extra to Australia?

shipping costs depending on how much you take...
Adhyt

jmc96

• Wallarah, NSW, Australia, Zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2015, 08:23:38 PM »

Let's say 5 seeds.

adhyt_blank

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2015, 09:46:03 PM »

Let's say 5 seeds.

The shipping cost via EMS is $17.50 USD
Adhyt

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2015, 03:34:59 AM »

Stuart that is why I buy from Maryoto, he is a straight shooter and his willughbeia shipment is fast! So is his personal communication!😄
[/quote]
You recommendation is gold coconut :)
Maryoto is definitely a great guy!!

I see adhyt_blank blank is getting very organised too:)
The competition is good for us buyers he he more awesome seeds:)
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

adhyt_blank

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2015, 04:47:15 AM »
Thank you Stuart ... :)
I just try to be a good seller indiscriminately and serve all.
Adhyt

adhyt_blank

• View Profile
Re: [NEW SPECIES] "Borneo Rare Fruit"
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2015, 05:38:18 AM »
Many seeds is available...
Adhyt

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2015, 06:02:18 PM »
Thank you Stuart ... :)
I just try to be a good seller indiscriminately and serve all.

Well done I will try your seeds. Hope your strains will be different from other in Borneo dir my germplasm collection!👍
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

Faldon

• south korea, pusan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2015, 09:45:20 AM »
Well received. very fast and good condition.

Thanks. ^^

adhyt_blank

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2015, 10:44:53 AM »
Well received. very fast and good condition.

Thanks. ^^

Thank's friend... i hopefully its can grow very well. :)

Adhyt