Author Topic: Fresh guarana seeds for trade  (Read 7622 times)

D-Grower

• United States, Florida, zone 8
    • View Profile
Fresh guarana seeds for trade
« on: October 29, 2016, 05:24:45 PM »
I have fresh harvested guarana seeds grown right here in the USA. I'm looking for a few things I've wanted for a long time. I guess they have to come from members within my state. I'm open to other rare plants that fruit or are edible, medicinal, or useful and are hardy from zone 8-10.

Glycosmis pentaphylla
Fingerlimes
Flying dragon orange
Kaffir lime
Small grafted lemon for containers
Pineapple guava
Vanilla orchid
Dwarf banana types no more than 6-7 ft
Rare not common types of papaya non GMO
Dragon fruit types
Rare pineapple types
Rare edible/medicinal gingers black tumeric etc
Open to other things even entheos just make offers
Want the top of the list most

Want to trade 3-4 people maybe a pack of five seeds each or so. Not easy seeds to come by totally fresh harvested within days!  Would love small live plants but am open to seeds. Sorry can only accept a few offers please don't be sad if I don't pick yours!

Inquiries via pm!

DG
Trying to grow it all!

harimnair2001@gmail.com

• india
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh guarana seeds for trade
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 05:02:47 AM »
hello is it tropical

wonderfruit

• US, Florida, Fort Lauderdale, 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 12:35:04 PM »
I will try again. Lemon grass, calalloo, thai basil, edible leaves hibiscus.maracuya. garcinias
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 06:59:45 AM »
Yes tropical but seems to take the coldest temps of west central FL with no issues. So 30°f or so its hardy to.

Wonderfruit I think I sent you a pm yesterday.
Trying to grow it all!

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 06:27:22 PM »
Unless we have spoken via pm and have arrangements I'm out of seeds to offer at this time. Thanks to everyone whose responded! Please allow me good feedback in this thread. All requests as of now are shipped. Some of you should get yours quicker than others due to location.  Enjoy! DG
Trying to grow it all!

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 11:04:37 AM »
Any of y'all get your seeds yet? I figure the two USA members got theirs. Please let me know!
Trying to grow it all!

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 08:13:13 AM »
Bunches of seeds are ready now for the Guarana. Any prospective buyers or traders hit me up via pm.

Looking for the stuff in the above list but some I've obtained now. Looking for and really want the rare edible gingers of any sort, kaffir lime, and anything else cool just make offers!

Thanks!
Trying to grow it all!

wonderfruit

• US, Florida, Fort Lauderdale, 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 10:57:11 AM »
I got my seeds. Thanks
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 01:48:27 PM »
Anybody else out there? Tons of seeds! They sprout quickly after being cleaned and stored moist. I have to pot them once they sprout. Harvested a bunch fresh today and yesterday!
Trying to grow it all!

polux

• Slovakia, Nitra, 6a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 05:23:27 PM »
Near impossible for me to germinate guarana seeds. I have them from many sources. They lost viability very quickly.

TravelingFriend

• North America, SE states, Louisiana, Georgia, Florida, Zone 9a - 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 08:13:10 PM »
Anybody else out there? Tons of seeds! They sprout quickly after being cleaned and stored moist. I have to pot them once they sprout. Harvested a bunch fresh today and yesterday!
I don't have what you listed, but have cashew seed, pigeon pea (common green, also red seed), star fruit seed, cutting off chaya, katuk, galangal, Cuban oregano, African blue basil, Okinawan spinach, cholesterol spinach..

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 07:43:40 PM »
Near impossible for me to germinate guarana seeds. I have them from many sources. They lost viability very quickly.

Not at all brother! It only takes being picked daily and cleaned immediately. Then store in moist coir. They will sprout usually in about a week. Most peoples sprout in transit. Would any of y'all who've gotten sprouts weigh in here? I personally have about 85 sprouted right now not even intentionally. Just can't send them off quickly enough in most cases and must plant them. The trick is sprouting them in the baggie and transplanting into soil near the surface so the sprout can easily come up. Direct planting especially with any depth causes rot. Only need to know how to handle your seeds is all!

At least 7_heads and Haule both have been met with success that I know of for sure.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:49:36 PM by D-Grower »
Trying to grow it all!

polux

• Slovakia, Nitra, 6a
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 05:42:43 PM »
Sprouting in about a week? :o Hmm, so I must received old ones last time because only 1 seed from 20 germinated after 2 month and half a year after I dont have succes to keep the seedling alive. There were seeds from Brasil. From other source seeds were completely unviable. Good to know, I will order from you when weather will be little bit warmer here and better for transport.

Garcinia

• Horticultural addict
  • The philosopher of fruit
    • Marin, California, zones 9b and 10a (though I keep most plants in a greenhouse)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 06:40:11 PM »
Do you have them for sale as well?
The hardest plants to grow are often those most worth growing.

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 10:39:51 AM »
Yes still have a ton! Will send sprouting ones too if that makes the deal. I've probably got 10-15 sprouting seeds right now I haven't yet planted. More inevitably will keep sprouting over the next few days. However too live seedlings will be available in a few weeks. They stand up pretty robustly in 2-3 weeks and can handle shipment no problem. Winter isn't good for them but they usually are OK in shipment if you intercept the package at delivery and it isn't in your freezing mailbox or front door for any length of time. Sometimes freezing still can happen otherwise in shipment which is a risk but in my experience is usually all good.

DG
Trying to grow it all!

Garcinia

• Horticultural addict
  • The philosopher of fruit
    • Marin, California, zones 9b and 10a (though I keep most plants in a greenhouse)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 11:15:33 AM »
Yes still have a ton! Will send sprouting ones too if that makes the deal. I've probably got 10-15 sprouting seeds right now I haven't yet planted. More inevitably will keep sprouting over the next few days. However too live seedlings will be available in a few weeks. They stand up pretty robustly in 2-3 weeks and can handle shipment no problem. Winter isn't good for them but they usually are OK in shipment if you intercept the package at delivery and it isn't in your freezing mailbox or front door for any length of time. Sometimes freezing still can happen otherwise in shipment which is a risk but in my experience is usually all good.

DG

Sprouting ones would certainly make the deal. How much?
The hardest plants to grow are often those most worth growing.

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 11:43:22 AM »
Pm you in a min!
Trying to grow it all!

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 12:13:47 PM »
Sprouted seeds and live seedlings! No worries anyone this is the real deal here! Have had lots of success myself and so have many others.

Still looking for many things from the original list in the first post however some has been obtained. Open to lots of stuff...cold hardy avocados, container capable citrus, perennial herbs, annual herbs, boswellia sacra, peremaculture species, berries for zone 8-10, small quick to fruit from seeds fruit trees/shrubs, zone 8-10 useful species, manuka, neem, edible ginger family species, etc.

Thanks! DG
Trying to grow it all!

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 11:11:26 AM »
Live sprouts USA members! Please inquire via pm!

Lots of star fruit seeds too!

DG
Trying to grow it all!

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2017, 04:18:06 PM »
Lots of lovely live guarana sprouts still left! Please pm if interested!
Trying to grow it all!

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 04:58:25 PM »
Lots of lovely live guarana sprouts still left! Please pm if interested!
I have been buying whole guarana seeds, grinding them up and making a hot coffee out of them. Simmer it for 20 minutes. Or even better grind up seeds. Put gurana powder  in a pot with some water overnight. Then simmer in the morning. Have you used some of yours in a hot brew?

You can buy guarana seeds from herbco/ $12 per pound. I doubt they will sprout. Herbco is the only whole seed seller in the US. But guarana seed powder is found in many places

Black coffee tastes better but guarana is a nicer acting stimulant for me.

I do have a gurana plant in a pot. Thanks for the info that itr survives 30 degrees. Yours is planted in the ground?

baccarat0809

• Sunny Orlando, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 05:12:47 PM »
How long does it take for the plant to start producing?

buddyguygreen

• Keeper of Earth
  • Zone Creator
    • Citrus Ridge, FL,
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge of the Masters
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 07:55:42 PM »
I have guarana pods growing now, im still unsure if you can eat the seeds raw, anyone eat one raw?

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2017, 08:14:08 PM »
Very interesting about making the tea from them. I've yet to actually try them at all. Was given the opportunity to get two already semi adult plants 2-3 years ago. I up potted them according to the mix the people said would work. Peat and pine bark with perlite. Totally worked out great. They started flowers soon after going into 10 gallon pots but didn't hold the pods the first time. Got them on a regular regiment of weak but often nutrients and they started setting pods and maturing all the way. Since its such a rare plant I feel obligated to get the seeds out there viable. Not many vendors offer them viable since they need picked and cleaned daily, stored properly, and moved fast or you'll have to plant them after they sprout too much. On another forum I frequently visit I gave a bunch away but surprisingly there wasn't many takers so I figured I might as well sell off what else I have as I cannot keep well over a hundred plants...

Not sure how long it takes yet for them to produce from seeds. I'd figure the plants I originally got were from cuttings.

DG

Trying to grow it all!

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2017, 08:14:48 AM »
I have guarana pods growing now, im still unsure if you can eat the seeds raw, anyone eat one raw?

You make  a thick tea from them. Get them really dried out. If not dried out enough you will not be able to grind them fine in a Krupps type of coffee mill. Look at Amazon if you don't know what they look like. Many other brands besides Krupps. I had a Kitchen Aid coffee mill (grinds herbs too!) that I liked better because more stainless steel in it at the base of the grinding bowl. Less plastic to chip off when grinding hard herbs or even grain. I have mills where the plastic did chip off. A GE one.
KitchenAid mill/grinder also has larger capacity for herbs or coffee

picture of Kitchen Aid mill  >>>  https://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-BCG111OB-Blade-Coffee-Grinder/dp/B003WIZ5PC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485954541&sr=8-1&keywords=kitchen+aid+coffee+mill

KRUPPS MILL https://www.amazon.com/KRUPS-Electric-Grinder-Stainless-3-Ounce/dp/B00004SPEU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485954961&sr=8-1&keywords=krups+coffee+mill

You take one heaping tablespoon of guarana seeds. Grind them fine in the Krupps type mill then simmer for 20 minutes in about 10-12 oz water.

I do not add any honey or other sweeter but you can add it if the guarana taste puts you off. It tastes dull and slightly bitter. I use same volume of gurana seeds as coffee beans. They both seem to be equal in caffeine stimulating power but see for yourself and experiment.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 08:26:33 AM by zands »