Author Topic: Roll Call to All SoCal LyCHee People(shows pics please)  (Read 1825 times)

Moorpark Guy

• View Profile
Roll Call to All SoCal LyCHee People(shows pics please)
« on: November 08, 2012, 12:38:49 PM »
I was wondering If people in SoCal could post pictures of their lychee or longan trees?

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Roll Call to All SoCal LyCHee People(shows pics please)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 01:45:22 PM »
Mine are not in the ground, but in larger containers. The Mauritius lychee is in a self watering container, the mix is sand and pine bark with some compost. Amendments used Sea kelp powder, Chelated Iron, powdered rock phosphorus, and liquid compost tea. I usually use diluted amounts about once every two weeks during warmer seasons.

The 'Kohala' longan is in a pre made container mix, with mixed in pine bark. Similar fertilizing schedule. I don't like the consistency of the soil, and will replace it soon though (breakdown over time). Longan did produce a crop of about 20-30 medium sized longans, its in a 15 gal plastic container.

I wish I could give you some info with in ground trees, hope I gave you some helpful info.

'Mauritius' Lychee in 18 gal SWC

'Kohala' longan in 15 gal.

Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

Moorpark Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 11:14:01 PM »
Nice trees null zero, those are done excellent looking trees, gl on the developing longan fruit.

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 11:29:09 PM »
Nice trees null zero, those are done excellent looking trees, gl on the developing longan fruit.

I harvested some longans, they were ok. I think they needed a little more watering though during the fruiting stage. I am really waiting on some lychees!
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk