Author Topic: Stolen fruit grrrr  (Read 6816 times)

Coach62

• Naples, FL Zone 10a
    • View Profile
    • Naples Home Inspections
Re: Stolen fruit grrrr
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2018, 09:37:58 PM »
Demmings is the exact opposite. He purposely has held back on hiring new officers to show how much money he is saving. Major opponent to 2A rights unlike most sheriffs. Currently all his time is taken up running to be the new mayor. He already knows my area despises him and doesnt care enough to send deputies to our area.

I posted above before I saw PineIsland's post.  Call the AG department, I left the number above.  Threaten to call the papers or TV stations if the Sheriff doesn't get off his ass.
www.ableinspector.com

Stop New Yorking my Florida!

Bruce

Fiddler

• Florida 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2018, 12:00:43 PM »
Say Tropheus, was your wife at least able to recover the fruit he'd already picked, or did he escape with it?

WGphil

• Winter Garden Florida 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2018, 12:18:27 PM »
I caught my thief. Ate both my juicy peach before they were ripe.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2018, 11:43:41 PM »
Laws are only good if they are truly enforced. In order to have enforcement you need enough officers and willingness to carry through. Usually the police departments and prosecutors office will focus on what they consider more "important" crimes.
Oscar

Coach62

• Naples, FL Zone 10a
    • View Profile
    • Naples Home Inspections
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2018, 11:51:01 PM »
Laws are only good if they are truly enforced. In order to have enforcement you need enough officers and willingness to carry through. Usually the police departments and prosecutors office will focus on what they consider more "important" crimes.
Agreed, but the squeaky wheel....  You can be polite but persistent.
www.ableinspector.com

Stop New Yorking my Florida!

Bruce

Tropheus76

• East Orlando 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2018, 11:05:00 AM »
He left with it all. She was in no condition to argue with a severe migrane and she was scared this guy was on the property in the first place.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2018, 12:55:14 AM »
Agreed, but the squeaky wheel....  You can be polite but persistent.
I've done exactly that: polite but persistent. I was communicating with the prosecutor quite often by email. I'm sure he got quite tired of it, and asked me also politely to be "patient". I dropped it when i found out from prosecutor that thief is in the slammer for another unrelated crime. Just happy to have thief out of the way. And assault is treated much more seriously than ag theft.
Oscar

WGphil

• Winter Garden Florida 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2018, 07:32:30 AM »
One blast of a shotgun over their heads does the job

Birdshot sounds as bad as buckshot but won’t  damage anything where the pellets fall

Plus if they turn you in you can have them trespassed as they have to admit they were on your land

If they steal what is next

Get a game camera which are cheap and film the trespassing

Price the stolen fruit at felony levels when you turn them in.

Might want to call the ag department and turn it in to them as they are more responsive to ag problems

Tropheus76

• East Orlando 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2018, 10:13:19 AM »
When I get back in country I plan on calling the sheriff and the ag deptartment every time I see them in the neighborhood. Problem is they come during the day when people are away working. It was a fluke my wife was home with a migrane that she saw them in the first place.

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2018, 10:20:00 AM »
When I get back in country I plan on calling the sheriff and the ag deptartment every time I see them in the neighborhood. Problem is they come during the day when people are away working. It was a fluke my wife was home with a migrane that she saw them in the first place.

Take out a digital camera and start taking photos and taping them. Crooks hate to be caught on camera plus you have something to show the Sheriff. Or take out yr smart phone and do the same

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2018, 07:11:53 PM »
One blast of a shotgun over their heads does the job

Birdshot sounds as bad as buckshot but won’t  damage anything where the pellets fall

Plus if they turn you in you can have them trespassed as they have to admit they were on your land

If they steal what is next

Get a game camera which are cheap and film the trespassing

Price the stolen fruit at felony levels when you turn them in.

Might want to call the ag department and turn it in to them as they are more responsive to ag problems
Problem is that the orchard where the thefts occured are one hour drive from where i live. And no house close to the orchard. So guns are out. Ag department will not get involved in thefts or do anything here.
Oscar

spoons

• San Diego, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2018, 04:23:03 PM »
Damn sounds pretty lawless.

Next time you catch that mutherfueker, bring your gun out and if he says, "Just fruit" you tell him "just gun and bullet in your head"

All kidding aside, i would have video taped him stealing all of it and then carrying those fruit baskets back to his car also capturing his license plate.  He won't hold up in a court of law.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2018, 06:32:57 PM »
Damn sounds pretty lawless.

Next time you catch that mutherfueker, bring your gun out and if he says, "Just fruit" you tell him "just gun and bullet in your head"

All kidding aside, i would have video taped him stealing all of it and then carrying those fruit baskets back to his car also capturing his license plate.  He won't hold up in a court of law.

Better yet, have several eyewitnesses that saw him with the stolen fruits! They are the ones that took the photos. Only big mistake is that they didn't call the cops right away.
Oscar