Author Topic: Grafting Tools - My first YouTube Video (Part 1 of series)  (Read 1530 times)

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • USA, AL, Silverhill, 8B
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
Grafting Tools - My first YouTube Video (Part 1 of series)
« on: June 21, 2020, 02:00:55 PM »
My first YouTube instructional video.

https://youtu.be/jnCGVLJtaOI

Long and instructional. I will be following this with techniques and styles in the series--more in-depth.

My first time, so go easy on me.  :D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 02:02:59 PM by Viking Guy »

pinkturtle

• LA county, CA Zone 10B
    • View Profile
Re: Grafting Tools - My first YouTube Video (Part 1 of series)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 03:07:39 PM »
Hi Adam,

The video is too long.  I think you should break it into couple videos instead of bundle them into one.  A viewer like me will be running out of patient.  Video within 10 minutes is the best. 

Just my opinion.

Thanks,
Al

Kevin Jones

• Alabama - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 04:54:11 PM »
Adam,
I appreciate anyone who is willing to share their knowledge and techniques to help others...
Thanks and please make more instructional videos!

From Tuscaloosa...
Kevin Jones

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 05:39:15 PM »
Hi Adam,

The video is too long.  I think you should break it into couple videos instead of bundle them into one.  A viewer like me will be running out of patient.  Video within 10 minutes is the best. 

Just my opinion.

Thanks,
Al

Future ones will be. I don't know the first thing about it. First time ever trying.

However, there's really no way to shorten one going over a group of tools unless making separate reviews for each one.

My time is very limited, so I simply recorded and ran with it.

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 05:40:11 PM »
Adam,
I appreciate anyone who is willing to share their knowledge and techniques to help others...
Thanks and please make more instructional videos!

From Tuscaloosa...
Kevin Jones

Thank you Kevin!

pinkturtle

• LA county, CA Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 05:57:50 PM »
Hi Adam,

Just my opinion.

Thanks,
Al

Future ones will be. I don't know the first thing about it. First time ever trying.

However, there's really no way to shorten one going over a group of tools unless making separate reviews for each one.

My time is very limited, so I simply recorded and ran with it.

Yes.  A lot of people review one item at a time.  That will shorten the video length and more precise description on your video title.  That make other viewers able to search your videos.

Thanks,
Al

slopat

• USA, California, central coast, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 06:43:20 PM »
Great job on content and presentation, the video is better than many instructional videos out there for any topic, computers, cooking, etc.  The detailed explanations are super, especially about what not to do and why.

Similar as Al mentions, shorter would help - some breaks at natural specific subject changes could be individual chapters. Perhaps editing the original even to make the chapters.

A example would be the transition from marking to safety with the glove. +1 on covering safety!

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to the next video.

Pat.

Puiwiparat9

• Granada Hills ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 04:14:07 AM »
Hats off to Adam. It was a great start and I'm sure he will only get better.
I appreciate his willingness to teach others and learn as well. I'm glad he's having fun with it. I'm looking forward to the next one. Seems like everyone here is an experts on utube videos.
guys it's his first video.

tropical-farmer

• North Miami Beach, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2020, 10:03:05 AM »
Hi Adam,
i also got inspired by you and made one with my grafting mistakes:

https://youtu.be/tTEUnQJSbzA

I actually loved those 30-35 minute videos from truly tropical when i was tryimg to improve so i like the length you made. There is so much detail that i don’t think one could finish in 5-10 minutes. But i agree, grafting series with episodes could break them into like reasons to graft/why graft or what can be grafted, tools to graft, seasons/when to graft, ways to graft, and how to follow up on the grafts. Thanks for sharing and keep them coming.
Satya

Triloba Tracker

• Psalms 104:14
    • USA, Middle Tennessee, Zone 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2020, 12:45:35 PM »
Some of my own videos are too long and i know it LOL

oops  ;D

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2020, 08:01:35 PM »
Hi Adam,
i also got inspired by you and made one with my grafting mistakes:

https://youtu.be/tTEUnQJSbzA

I actually loved those 30-35 minute videos from truly tropical when i was tryimg to improve so i like the length you made. There is so much detail that i don’t think one could finish in 5-10 minutes. But i agree, grafting series with episodes could break them into like reasons to graft/why graft or what can be grafted, tools to graft, seasons/when to graft, ways to graft, and how to follow up on the grafts. Thanks for sharing and keep them coming.

Really cool.  I'll have to watch your video soon as I get a chance.

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2020, 08:11:56 PM »
Hats off to Adam. It was a great start and I'm sure he will only get better.
I appreciate his willingness to teach others and learn as well. I'm glad he's having fun with it. I'm looking forward to the next one. Seems like everyone here is an experts on utube videos.
guys it's his first video.

Thanks.  The hardest part was learning the video software. I tried to shorten some spots and go Mr Robotto, but it was way too much work.  I don't understand how most the videos I watch have hundreds of edits.  Crazy!  I did like 10, and I'm like... uh, nah, lol.

I do like the idea of doing simple, shorter videos of maybe some distinctive product reviews.  Tutorials like this one though, take a lot more time. The way I see it, if folks can watch an episode of Arrow, they can watch this provided they want the info.

I watch a lot of long videos, and actually avoid most videos under 10-15 minutes, because I don't see them having enough information to be worthwhile of my time.  I may try keeping them around 15-20 min range in the future--or a combination.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk