Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Mangos from Leo's yard and Mango tree talk

(1/10) > >>

simon_grow:
I just visited Leo and he's still got lots of Mangos hanging on his trees. Some of his clusters of fruit were so heavy that I'm surprised it didn't snap the branch. Some of his clusters must have had about 10 mangos and they weren't small mangos. There were lots of mangos hiding in the canopy but are clearly visible if you up from under the tree.

Simon

simon_grow:
More pics

And here is a Double Stone Grafted Lemon Zest I planted for Leo several weeks ago. I spread several of my DSGed trees around San Diego to see how they perform in other people's yards.

Johnny Eat Fruit:
Very nice Simon as those are beautiful mangoes. It will be interesting to see how your double grafted LZ grows in 2016. I lave a LZ I purchased in late July of this year from Florida and it has already put on two growth flushes. Hopefully the warm El Nino 2016 weather pattern will be beneficial to our mangoes hear in the south land. 

Johnny

marklee:

--- Quote from: Johnny Eat Fruit on November 03, 2015, 08:18:14 PM ---Very nice Simon as those are beautiful mangoes. It will be interesting to see how your double grafted LZ grows in 2016. I lave a LZ I purchased in late July of this year from Florida and it has already put on two growth flushes. Hopefully the warm El Nino 2016 weather pattern will be beneficial to our mangoes hear in the south land. 

Johnny

--- End quote ---
My LZ from Florida which I've had about 4 years just lost all of it's leaves and is dying back, Simon has the right idea, double grafting and using manila rootstock.

Johnny Eat Fruit:
Any Idea Markee why your LZ is Dying. Do you have any Photos. Have you narrowed it down to the root stock and if so why. If you have other mangoes are they effected too.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version