Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 219313 times)

UrbanFruitGrower

• USA, FL, Coral Gables, 10B
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1425 on: December 30, 2017, 01:59:37 PM »
Greetings and Happy Holidays/New Years to All,

I'm new to the forum but have spent the last few months learning about high density planting, urban fruit tree orchards, and other experimental agricultural techniques for maximizing productivity in finite spaces.  My approach to building my edible landscape in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties is driven by data, evidence, and collective knowledge. At the moment, I have 20+ different types of edible-/fruit trees or shrubs including 19 mangos (and growing!), 8 avocados (and growing!), 10 bananas (you get the idea), carambola, papaya, jaboticaba, mamey, mulberry, raspberry, guava, coffee, cacao, atemoya, etc. etc. etc.  Most of the cultivars I have can be found on my profile.  This has been an exciting experience to share with my 21 month old son, who has been instrumental in assisting me plant them into the ground. 

In any event, I look forward to getting to know and learn from many of you, sharing experiences & perspectives, and bartering knowledge, scions, fruit, and good times!

Warm wishes!
Luis

PrincessTigerLily

• US, San Diego CA
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1426 on: December 31, 2017, 08:09:26 PM »
Greetings and Happy New Year!

My name is Lily.  I love reading this forum, a wealth of information. For Christmas I wished for green thumbs  and some Annona plants.

We moved from the IE to San Diego about three years ago. I have about 30 fruit trees around the house. Most of the three were purchased from HD ( the typical plants  guava, figs, lime, plum, etc…), which I am  regretting and planting to dig them all up.   I have  an African Pride Atemoya, soursop, lychee, longan and a wax apple plant  purchased from ong's nursery three years ago. Two cherimoya purchased from Lowes last year.  I also have some Thai lessard and Vietnamese sugar apple seedlings from eBay a year ago  they are growing quite well outdoor. The  only tree that produced well  for me is the AP, it produced about 50 excellent fruits . Last year I Got 10 longan fruits and about five wax apple, 12 cherimoya fruit the size of a golf ball that tasted like ... non from other tropical plants. .  I hope the master gardeners here can help me improve my gardening skill!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:57:48 PM by PrincessTigerLily »

Copyright © Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers