Temperate Fruit & Orchards > Temperate Fruit Discussion

Pistachio trees

(1/3) > >>

Hana321:
Anyone out there have any experience growing Pistachio's? I have a couple of trees, a male and female. Bought them at a nursery a few weeks back. I haven't changed anything yet, they are still in the nursery pots. The male has taken off, and produced many new shoots, and substantial growth in the few weeks I've had them. The female hasn't grown a lick. If I didn't know better, I would say the female tree is dormant. Is this common for the female to be veeeerrrryyyy slow at growing?

fyliu:
I have many seedlings growing. Some slow, some fast. Some upright, some like vines. I might get grafted ones later. They're supposed to take 5-8 years even after grafting.

stuartdaly88:
Fyliu
Did you grow from seeds?
I can't find anywhere to get trees so even though I know all the pitfalls of growing from seeds and how it will take any years it might be my only option:'(

fyliu:
Yeah, I grew from seeds. Fresh nuts were available at the local Armenian market when they're in season.

Hana321:

--- Quote from: stuartdaly88 on June 04, 2017, 02:43:52 PM ---Fyliu
Did you grow from seeds?
I can't find anywhere to get trees so even though I know all the pitfalls of growing from seeds and how it will take any years it might be my only option:'(

--- End quote ---
I know there are a few guys selling seedlings on ebay. They are from Turkey, which is like pistachio central. Depending on what your customs department says that may be an option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version