Author Topic: Cordia taguahyensii, Eugenioa beaurepairiana and Butia catarinensis  (Read 3189 times)

Dada

• Ecuador
    • View Profile
Hi all,
I came across the  following species
Cordia taguahyensii, The tree I found was loaded, White flowers and white fruits, sweet with a tangy after taste 2 Euro/seed

Butia catarinensis
A palm tree with nice sweet orange fruits 1,50 Euro

Eugenioa beaurepairiana,  an excellent fruit used fresh in icecream  jams etc.
Taste sweet 3 Euro/seed

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 06:52:05 AM by Dada »

Solko

• Zone 8b-9a
    • Europe
    • View Profile
    • Visual Art
Re: Cordia taguahyensii, Annona spinescens and Eugenioa beaurepairiana
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 06:20:23 AM »
PM sent

azorean

• Portugal, Azores, São Roque do Pico
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 05:27:21 PM »
PM sent

Grapebush

• Portugal, Madeira Island, Funchal, 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 07:16:23 PM »
Sent you a PM yesterday, did you get it?
Life is all about learning, but sometimes, the more you learn, the less you seem to know...

Dada

• Ecuador
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 07:55:49 PM »
Sent you a PM yesterday, did you get it?
Yes your package will go out tomorrow!

Grapebush

• View Profile
Re: Cordia taguahyensii, Eugenioa beaurepairiana and Butia catarinensis
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 04:58:28 AM »
A little report on my experience with this seller:

I've bought some Eugenia beaurepairiana seeds from Mr. Dada, and after almost 2 months I got the package with the seeds.
As soon as I opened the envelope, I put off my happy face for finally get my hands on this species, as the packing method was very weird, being a mix of cardboard wraped on endless tape. When I finally get rid of all the tape, I've found the seeds inside a small plastic bag, without any kind of media, or moisture to keep them alive, and already showing signs of mold on the seed skin. As the seeds were incredibly lightweight I puted them in water, and none of them sank, so I decided to broke the skin to inspect the state of the embrio inside, and it was completely rotten, showing a lot of mold.

I contacted Mr. Dada explaining my situation, and asking for a refund, and for a week or so I got no answer at all, yesterday I sent him a new message, and he said that he sent seeds for other people as well and nobody complainted; sugesting that I should have no reason to complaint, or that I should be happy with what I got. I sent him another message, asking for refund, or otherwise I would publish it here, as I got no answer, I think Mr. Dada it's not interested in refunding my money, so everybody must know how this seller deals with his clients, and how he cares about what he sends out for other forum members.

Bellow you can see some images that show, what I got from him:

Life is all about learning, but sometimes, the more you learn, the less you seem to know...

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 07:03:05 AM »
A little report on my experience with this seller:

I've bought some Eugenia beaurepairiana seeds from Mr. Dada, and after almost 2 months I got the package with the seeds.
As soon as I opened the envelope, I put off my happy face for finally get my hands on this species, as the packing method was very weird, being a mix of cardboard wraped on endless tape. When I finally get rid of all the tape, I've found the seeds inside a small plastic bag, without any kind of media, or moisture to keep them alive, and already showing signs of mold on the seed skin. As the seeds were incredibly lightweight I puted them in water, and none of them sank, so I decided to broke the skin to inspect the state of the embrio inside, and it was completely rotten, showing a lot of mold.

I contacted Mr. Dada explaining my situation, and asking for a refund, and for a week or so I got no answer at all, yesterday I sent him a new message, and he said that he sent seeds for other people as well and nobody complainted; sugesting that I should have no reason to complaint, or that I should be happy with what I got. I sent him another message, asking for refund, or otherwise I would publish it here, as I got no answer, I think Mr. Dada it's not interested in refunding my money, so everybody must know how this seller deals with his clients, and how he cares about what he sends out for other forum members.

Bellow you can see some images that show, what I got from him:

That's not looki good....many sellers here don't know how to pack seeds well...i understand you are not happy.

Annonaceae

• Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 09:34:57 AM »
Were they sent from Brazil and what date?

cmichael258

• St. Pete, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 01:15:03 PM »
Seeds I purchased took 9 weeks to get through Brazil and to Florida. They were
well packaged in coir.
Michael

Grapebush

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 02:15:27 PM »
Were they sent from Brazil and what date?

Yes, they were sent from Brasil, by the end of November or beginning of December, and I got them in late February.
Seeds I purchased took 9 weeks to get through Brazil and to Florida. They were
well packaged in coir.

If mine were packed with coir, or any other media, I'm sure they should be alive when they arrived, but there were nothing but the seeds inside the plastic bag, as you can see from the pictures.