Citrus > Cold Hardy Citrus

Swamp Lemon Adventure!

(1/10) > >>

Citradia:
I am currently en route, embarking on an exciting adventure, to Delco, NC in search of the elusive and highly sough-after Swamp Lemon! I'll let y'all know if I find some. Hope to find some seed-filled fruits in a ditch off of hwy 74, or maybe a local nursery will be open tomorrow and have a lovely assortment of potted specimens to choose from at a very low price! Got it all figured out.

hardyvermont:
Exciting news.  Can't wait to hear the results of your quest. 

Millet:
Yes, I remember a few articles several months back, about the swamp lemon, and the "exact" location of where to locate a source for it.

Citradia:

Well guys, the fantasy is over! I went to the Livingston creek in Delco, NC and tromped around on the west side of the creek and alas! Didn't see no swamp lemon tree, no Sasquatch, and not even a unicorn!  I've called around all the local nurseries and no one knows what I'm talking about and only one nurseryman in Wilmington has flying dragon and Meyer lemon. I've been to Purple Pepper nursery in Delco, which is a rocks throw from the creek, last year and they had no citrus. They're closed January and February but I stopped and looked through fence and saw no trifoliate or citrus. Left a message though. Actually, I got my three trifoliata trees from Sandy Mush nursery in Sandy Mush in western NC, and the owner told me she got hers from local person who makes marmalade out of hers, and the fruit I've tasted from my tree isn't horrible and actually has a lilac kind of flowery taste. So , since I can't find a special swamp lemon, I'll be content with my special mountain orange!!! I'm going back home now.

Millet:
Perhaps you should go back in the summer when the trees of the area are in foliage and perhaps fruit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version