Author Topic: Goji Berry  (Read 2573 times)

Nomad

• United States.Florida, Loxahatchee,10-A
    • View Profile
Goji Berry
« on: January 01, 2013, 11:03:17 AM »
Does anyone in Palm Beach County Florida have a Goji berry for sale? I have not checked with excaliber yet. Personally, I like to try to help out the little guy. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 03:42:20 PM by Nomad »

Dangermouse01

• East coast, Central Florida
    • USA, Palm Bay, FL 32907, Zone 9B
    • View Profile
Re: Goji Berry
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 05:36:16 AM »
If you have no luck locating a plant, go to a Asian market and purchase a package of dried berries (probably labeled Lycium or something instead of Goji), soak one in warm water for about a hour, remove the seeds and grow your own. I had no problem germinating the seeds from the dried ones from the Asian markets.

DM
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:27:47 AM by Dangermouse01 »

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 04:16:52 PM »
If you have no luck locating a plant, go to a Asian market and purchase a package of dried berries (probably labeled Lycium or something instead of Goji), soak one in warm water for about a hour, remove the seeds and grow your own. I had no problem germinating the seeds from the dried ones from the Asian markets.

DM

Hi DM,
Thanks for the tip...will give it a shot 8) The local supermarket, Pingo Doce has them in packets for sale :)
Time is like a river.
You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
Enjoy every moment of your life!

Nomad

• United States.Florida, Loxahatchee,10-A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 07:47:20 PM »
I have been doing my homework. I am going to take your advice. I did find plants on the Home Depot site. They were 7.98 I believe. I filled out all their order form. To find out they wont ship them to Florida.

ggpalms

• Pepe's Fruit Trees
  • Eat more fruit! Plant a tree!!
    • Davie, Florida USA
    • View Profile
    • Pepe's Fruit Trees
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 11:39:25 PM »
I tried several varieties of clones from so called Himalayan and some other Chinese ones. All duds in two years. Lots of growth and flowers no fruit. They were sold to me as self pollinating. I give up. The chill is the problem!

Now of course I could be wrong.  ::)

rcardaman

• USA, Florida, Vero Beach
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 01:46:08 AM »
I have some dried berries I brought back from China.  I would be willing to mail you a couple.

Richard

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 11:54:04 PM »
I got a plant from a friend when it was fruiting but it stopped fruiting in my care for years. He has a friend in Tibet who sent him dried local berries. It might still fruit one day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk