Author Topic: Durian coconut smoothie  (Read 2725 times)

Vlk

• Czech Republic
    • View Profile
    • exoticke-pestovani.webnode.cz
Durian coconut smoothie
« on: April 25, 2013, 07:03:38 AM »
I made this out of ripe and very soft durian mon thong - I mixed some of durio pulp (depends how "strong" and distinctive you want to have your smoothie in matter of durian aroma), coconut milk (one usually used for cooking, stored in cans), few drops of vanilla extract, little bit of cinnamon. Mix everything in blender, pour it into a cup or bowl and sprinkle it with grated dark fine chocolate. You can also add fresh mint just to decorate it and eat it afterwards. Very delicious! :-)
Durian & avocado lover

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • USA, Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
    • Pines Ticket Defense, LLC
Re: Durian coconut smoothie
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 07:55:34 AM »
Sounds good. Did you use frozen durian pulp...while it was still frozen? Did you add ice, or was it a room temperature preparation?
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

Vlk

• Czech Republic
    • View Profile
    • exoticke-pestovani.webnode.cz
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 04:03:19 PM »
Sounds good. Did you use frozen durian pulp...while it was still frozen? Did you add ice, or was it a room temperature preparation?
I used fresh pulp from a ripe durian. I didn't add ice, but I think there could be some especially in summer. :-) The version I made was about room temperature, maybe little colder. The result was somewhere between smoothie and custard dessert, so I ate it with spoon and it was great. :-)
Durian & avocado lover

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 04:40:34 PM »
I've had durian smoothies in Thailand. Can't say i liked them. I'll have to try making it myself some day. Usually i just end up eating them as too precious to waste on a smoothie around here!
Oscar