Author Topic: Achachairu or pulasan?  (Read 1841 times)

bangkok

• View Profile
Achachairu or pulasan?
« on: January 23, 2014, 10:35:28 PM »
I have pulasan but unknown variety and i have achacha-seeds. I have one great big spot in full sun and one smaller spot in 5 hours sun a day.

Which tree grows the largest? Which tree deserves the best spot in full sun and gives the best fruits?? I have never seen those fruits in real so i hope somebody can advice me.

And does any of these have destructive roots?

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Re: Achachairu or pulasan?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 10:43:41 PM »
I hope the pulasan is grafted and you haven't rolled the dice on a seedling.Pulasans get big but are less productive I would think.Pulasan is sweeter but much like rambutan.Pulasan might need more sun but will bear sooner I suspect.The root systems of both are not outrageously destructive compared to many fruit trees.The tiara could go to either in this pageant.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 10:49:33 PM »
Yes it is a grafted pulasan and a purple one as well but not sure if it is seebabat. Well i will prune them anyway if they get to large, or if my neighbour likes to eat them he can have the overhanging branches.

Well then i don't move the pulasan.  Now i have petch pakchong, namdocmai, avocado, pulasan, durian, achacha all in the small frontgarden.  ;D

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 11:55:45 PM »
At least the petch and avo will fruit at different times from the others but you might have a big pulse of fruit in early summer and then nothing.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 02:00:17 AM »
At least the petch and avo will fruit at different times from the others but you might have a big pulse of fruit in early summer and then nothing.

I see, maybe then after the summer i can eat jackfruit, passionfruit, pomelo, orange, soursop, eugenia involucrata, lemon drop mangosteen or some of the seeds you sent me. Haha i even can't name all the fruits i grow without looking in the garden and have many big pots empty now.

I read that pulasan in Malaysia fruits 2 times a year, i hope my tree will also do that.

Is it wise to add some sulfur into the soil around the durian and the achacha? They both like ph between 6 and 7 but i allready added dolomite.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:03:46 AM by bangkok »

arvind

• Malaysia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 01:50:04 AM »

I see, maybe then after the summer i can eat jackfruit, passionfruit, pomelo, orange, soursop, eugenia involucrata, lemon drop mangosteen or some of the seeds you sent me. Haha i even can't name all the fruits i grow without looking in the garden and have many big pots empty now.

I read that pulasan in Malaysia fruits 2 times a year, i hope my tree will also do that.

Is it wise to add some sulfur into the soil around the durian and the achacha? They both like ph between 6 and 7 but i allready added dolomite.

Depends on which area you are in Malaysia.In the west coast of the Peninsula it's common for rambutan,durian and pulasan to bear fruit twice a year.The reason for this is due to the rainfall pattern something like a micro-climate

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk