Author Topic: Where to buy dragonfruitcuttings in East Florida?  (Read 1728 times)

bangkok

• View Profile
Where to buy dragonfruitcuttings in East Florida?
« on: February 12, 2014, 06:31:59 AM »
My parents are going to Fort Pierce in Florida and i asked them to buy some of the best dragonfruit cuttings availlable there.

Is there a nursery that sells cuttings in that area? Or a nursery that can send them to Fort pierce?

TREESNMORE

• USA Palm City FL Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Where to buy dragonfruitcuttings in East Florida?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 07:51:28 AM »
I am just south of Fort Pierce and I have about 10 kinds of dragonfruit. This is Mike and I own  TREESNMORE

Mike

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 09:53:12 AM »
Ok thanks but your nursery is not open daily is it? I don't know if they will buy an american simcard for their phone and also not if that works on a European phone.

They will be busy visiting the highlights of Florida and a nursery that is open in business hours and easy to find for them would be the easyiest option.

I know they will drive to Orlando but for the rest i have no idea what their plans are. I will give your address and phonenumber to them and hope they will take the effort to make an appointment.

TREESNMORE

• USA Palm City FL Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 10:10:59 AM »
I live at the nursery. I like people to call to make sure I am home so they don't come out and I am not here. . When will they be in Fort Pierce
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 10:14:40 AM by TREESNMORE »
Mike

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 07:41:23 PM »
They are there 4-24 april and go with another family together. They have never eaten the good dragonfruits before (and many other fruits as well) so it would be nice if they can find them but april is not the best time to find fruit i guess.

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 03:03:27 AM »
You can take them with you to Thailand or they just want to taste the fruits?
Maybe the megalanthus will have fruit ripening from last year. At least that's how they seem to fruit in California.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 07:01:41 AM »
You can take them with you to Thailand or they just want to taste the fruits?
Maybe the megalanthus will have fruit ripening from last year. At least that's how they seem to fruit in California.

Well they will bring the cuttings to Holland and then i will bring them to Thailand. If it is possible they sure would like to taste the fruits but only some cuttings would also be great. There is so much tropical fruit that they have never seen.

The good american dragonfruits are not in Asia at all. I knew somebody with 40 variety's on a dragonfruitfarm but they ALL died by some fungus. I know they are in Florida and by coincidence my parents are going there for 3 weeks so this is my chance to get some cuttings   ;D

We can buy the white fleshed ones on every market here but they are tasteless. Red ones taste better but are very hard to find. I have 2 red ones growing now from cuttings but i guess the ones in Florida taste much better.