Author Topic: Is Santa Teresa better than.....?  (Read 1944 times)

luak

• U.S, Arkansas, Eureka Springs,Z7.
    • View Profile
Is Santa Teresa better than.....?
« on: June 01, 2017, 02:37:32 PM »
I am trying to obtain sionwood of this variety for my grafting collection. I like grafting my own tree's more satisfying than buying tree's especially now with this Greening problem. I do not have a large collection of tree's.

countryboy1981

• 8B Alabama
    • View Profile
Re: Is Santa Teresa better than.....?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 05:45:52 PM »
In the unlucky event that you purchased a tree with greening I do not believe you would have to worry about it spreading to your other trees as you are outside the region where acp is present, therefore, there is no insect with the ability to spread it.

Citradia

• USA/NC/Old Fort/6B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 07:21:18 PM »
Is Santa Teresa a variety of citrus? Never heard of it.

luak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 07:37:02 PM »
the sionwood that is affected would not successfully take and kill the tree. There is not much written about this variety, i just remember an article about it some time ago that sound interesting. 

Citradia

• USA/NC/Old Fort/6B
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 07:52:23 PM »
I found out it is an Italian feminello lemon variety that is popular with making limoncello. They are currently out of stock at Four Winds in CA.

luak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 07:59:41 PM »
I found out it is an Italian feminello lemon variety that is popular with making limoncello. They are currently out of stock at Four Winds in CA.
Thanks, Citradia i am just looking for sionwood because i have a lot of rootstock growing now that i like to use for grafting.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 08:01:49 PM »
If your looking for Santa Teresa lemon bud wood, I can give you some.  I have an in-ground Santa Teresa lemon tree.   It really is a super lemon variety , and it is named after a great Saint -  Saint Teresa of Lisieux. Send me you address.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:24:46 PM by Millet »

luak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 10:46:07 AM »
Millet, you seems to have the source for a lot of citrus varieties. You got to have a vary interesting set-up. For me to learn about citrus was a trip in it self.I am getting better now i know how to feed them.
The little tree's in the top picture were grafted in March, from there i think they are good to go. Millet if you have a couple sticks extra,i be more than happy and would gladly reimburse you. Bob, thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk