Author Topic: Eugenia longipedunculata aka Eugenia blastantha fresh seeds for sale  (Read 1622 times)

Miguel.pt

• Portugal, Northwest, climate 9a/9b
    • View Profile
Hi again folks.
Here's some photos of my grumixama-mirim fruits. This species features on the book "Frutas no Brasil" by the name Eugenia longipedunculata, but Helton say Eugenia longipedunculata is an orange pitanga looking fruit and calls this species Eugenia blastantha.
On the book "Frutas no Brasil" the name Eugenia blastantha is referred as a sinonim for Eugenia longipedunculata.
Regardless the controversy on the correct ID what I can confirm is that these fruits are excellent in terms of taste... Can't get enough of these!...
This is one extremelly rare mirtacea and a must have on any rare fruit colection IMHO.
Previous years I used mostly these seeds to raise new seedlings but this year production was very good so I am offering here some fresh seeds for sale, but please hurry if you need some because seed stock is low.

Price is 10 €uros each seed and postage fees are 6 €uros... free postage for orders higher than 4 seeds
Payment by PayPal

Otehr that these seeds I stil have fresh seeds of the following species:
Eugenia calycina "Nelita"
Eugenia brasiliensis var. Erythrocarpa
Eugenia involucrata
Eugenia pitanga
These seeds can be sent sharing the same package with no extra fee charge

A word of warning regarding postage and mail transit times during this COVID times:
On previous years any parcel posted from Portugal reached almost anywhere in the world in 2 weeks or even less transit time.
But now during this COVID pandemic period all international mail seem to be very delayed due to lack of international flights and other factors that I can not control in any way.
The only thing I can garantee is that I provide a tracking-number for each package sent and I also garantee that my seeds are always sent packed on moist vermiculite medium so being prepared to deal with extended transit times probably starting germination on the way.

Thanks in advance to all friends interested on my seeds!
Best regards and stay safe
Miguel

This species produces both seeded and seedless fruits. Seeded fruits are the bigger ones.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 02:05:09 PM by Miguel.pt »

Giant Gecko

• USA,NC,Welcome,7
    • View Profile
Re: Eugenia longipedunculata aka Eugenia blastantha fresh seeds for sale
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 05:01:15 AM »
Hi Miguel,

I sent you a pm.

The grumixama-mirim looks very similar to the dwarf grumichama but the leaves are certainly different. Sounds like it’s fruit are better tasting.

Miguel.pt

• Portugal, Northwest, climate 9a/9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 06:51:52 AM »
Hi Miguel,

I sent you a pm.

The grumixama-mirim looks very similar to the dwarf grumichama but the leaves are certainly different. Sounds like it’s fruit are better tasting.
Hi again
I've alreday answered your PM. Please check it. Thanks and stay safe

JFranco

• Ericeira, Portugal, Zone 10b.
    • View Profile
    • Passionfruit & Friends
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 01:51:03 PM »
Hi Miguel!

PM sent.

João Franco

Giant Gecko

• USA,NC,Welcome,7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 10:29:50 AM »
Received my seeds yesterday the 22nd exactly 2 weeks in transit, pretty quick considering COVID-19. Didn’t have the chance to pot them up yet but they look good and even see a small root.

Thanks Migel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk