Author Topic: Flying Fox Fruits Nursery  (Read 284291 times)

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
Congrats!  Now u need the website updated!

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
I  am quite ignorant about these phyto certificates and online buying of seeds. I've read previous threads on the forum. My questions are If I buy seeds/seedlings from you Adam will I need a phyto? (I'm in California).  If so, how does one obtain seeds with the phyto?  And also, is the difference between the certificate and a seed lots permit?

Mariano

thanks for inquiring about my plants/seeds!

you don't have to worry about any of that! (AZ is the only state that requires a phyto)

it's all up to me to provide the necessary documentation, so you can receive plants from my nursery in FL.

Seeds, and scions (cuttings) do not need any certification.

only plants, (or plant material with roots) need to be certified! 

and all of my nursery stock is free of restricted nematodes, so I can ship a large variety of plants to CA (all 50 states).

(still waiting to talk to the Agent from the department of Ag, to find out exactly what I need to do, to start shipping....there may be some stamps that I need to make? or labels that I need to get from the Department of Ag?)

Adam, congratulations on receiving the nematode certification. Getting a phyto here is easy. Just means an extra trip to the state ag inspection office. That's the hard part for me as it is one hour drive away, so RT 2 hours. I'm guessing the same will be the case for you as far as having to go get the phyto in person, not being able to just use your own nematode stamp.
Oscar

From the sea

• Big Island Hawaii
    • View Profile
congrats bro.

2 hrs isn't that bad, it's 6-7 hrs for me, and that's if the traffic wasn't bad (I use to ship tropical fish around the world for aquariums)

michsu

• Hacienda Heights, CA (Southern California, Los Angeles)
    • View Profile
    • Pictures of my trees.. nothing fancy
Congrats! Wow, do my eyes deceive me.. you can ship to CA now? haha, let's see what you have  ;D you made us wait so we should get a discount on the first purchase.. ;)

ScottR

• USA,Arroyo Grande,Calif. 93420,zone 9b
    • View Profile
Alright Adam, congrats on getting your Nursery certified  ;) 8)

Rtreid

• Zone 10a Sunset zone 24
  • Zone 10a, Sunset 24, CA
    • View Profile
Congrats Adam,

I am sure you will be swamped with new business, please save a few plants for me!

Richard

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
thanks everyone!

I am excited.

I need to fill out a few more forms (a representative from the Department of Ag will come out tomorrow to bring them for me to sign)

then I have to wait for approval from Gainesville (I suppose there is an office there that issues the forms for shipping)

then I have to get the forms printed (by a company of my choice, they will not let me print them by myself)

the representative from the ag department, said he has about 10 forms that I can use temporarily, but after those run out (lol probably one day) I must wait to for the Gainesville office to issue me more forms, before I can ship!

sorry for all the delays...and sorry i can't hold plants...but I promise they aren't being sold to anyone until I can ship to CA (and all other states) regularly.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
thanks everyone!

I am excited.

I need to fill out a few more forms (a representative from the Department of Ag will come out tomorrow to bring them for me to sign)

then I have to wait for approval from Gainesville (I suppose there is an office there that issues the forms for shipping)

then I have to get the forms printed (by a company of my choice, they will not let me print them by myself)

the representative from the ag department, said he has about 10 forms that I can use temporarily, but after those run out (lol probably one day) I must wait to for the Gainesville office to issue me more forms, before I can ship!

sorry for all the delays...and sorry i can't hold plants...but I promise they aren't being sold to anyone until I can ship to CA (and all other states) regularly.

Congratulation! Now can you ship Tropical Medecinal Marijuana to Colorado year round?😦
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

raimeiken

• Zone: 9b
    • View Profile
quick question about needing a Phyto for AZ. I know they require one when shipping plants to AZ, but I've actually never had to pay for one whenever I buy plants from nurseries outside of the state. I've bought plants from all over and was never charged for it (unless it's all factored into the shipping cost already, but I doubt it since I've never been charged that much for shipping). Do you think these other places just don't bother getting one whenever they ship to AZ? or is there something else going on?

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
quick question about needing a Phyto for AZ. I know they require one when shipping plants to AZ, but I've actually never had to pay for one whenever I buy plants from nurseries outside of the state. I've bought plants from all over and was never charged for it (unless it's all factored into the shipping cost already, but I doubt it since I've never been charged that much for shipping). Do you think these other places just don't bother getting one whenever they ship to AZ? or is there something else going on?

not sure! I will find out more tomorrow from my Ag Agent!

Congratulation! Now can you ship Tropical Medecinal Marijuana to Colorado year round?😦

www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
State ag agencies don't usually charge to issue the phyto, but it's up to the nursery whether they charge the customer or not. This will depend on how difficult it is for the nurserymen to get to inspection office and how long the inspection takes.
Oscar

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
Oscar,

I really appreciate you popping in and offering you're advice...you are the Godfather of selling tropical fruit material on the inter webs!

State ag agencies don't usually charge to issue the phyto, but it's up to the nursery whether they charge the customer or not. This will depend on how difficult it is for the nurserymen to get to inspection office and how long the inspection takes.

Raimeiken,

found out today that a phyto would cost over $50 (after you factor in all the little BS charges)  So we estimated it would cost about $70-80 (or more?) by the time you finally got a phyto...and then we'd have to factor in shipping, which I said I would give an excellent deal to people in your state (because of the stupidity of the state laws   ;D )  I'm guessing you'd want to buy as many plants as possible...I could either:

1) fit a bunch of stuff into a large flat rate USPS priority box (I can fit a bunch of one gals, and plugs bare root....or even about 3 three gal plants, but they'd have to be bent)

2) ship via UPS (I can offer about a 50% discount on normal rates!) this way I can ship very large boxes, over 50 lbs in weight, I can fill them with whatever you want (the largest size plants I ship are 3 gal)...but this option is for people who own a nursery, or are plant crazy!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

Tropicaliste

• Washington D.C. Area, US 7a
    • View Profile
This is really good news. I'm happy to see your business expand :)

btw I sent an email the other day, and hope it got through.  ::)

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Oscar,

I really appreciate you popping in and offering you're advice...you are the Godfather of selling tropical fruit material on the inter webs!

HAHA, the godfather of tropical fruit say you better listen up:
Oscar

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
here is the update to my customers who have been patiently waiting...for over a year now  :-[  :D

the final step is for the FL department of Ag. to issue me a certificate...which I must have printed by a company of my choice.  The representative from the state said it would take about 2-4 weeks to get my certificates.  Once I have them printed (which shouldn't take long, it is very easy), I will be able to ship plants.

all of my nursery stock that was on benches got certified!

I think most of the rare stuff will be listed on ebay, I'm trying to figure out how to give forum members a discount, but of course I need to maximize my profits for the super rare stuff.  I do have some gems that I'm going to put up for auction.

so we are about 4-5 weeks away from go time...(lord willing  ;) )

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord!

Phil Collins - In the air tonight
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

cmichael258

• St. Pete, Florida
    • View Profile
Be sure to post your ebay user name if different from the one you use here.
Michael

michsu

• Hacienda Heights, CA (Southern California, Los Angeles)
    • View Profile
    • Pictures of my trees.. nothing fancy
and a coupon voucher for each plant that we buy  ;D

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
Be sure to post your ebay user name if different from the one you use here.

Same name on eBay!  FlyingFoxFruits

I will post a link to the auction when I start selling!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

Tropicaliste

• Washington D.C. Area, US 7a
    • View Profile
Are you going to make us guess what the gems will be? I hope it won't be the glomerata, lol, I don't want to have to get into a bidding war with anyone lol.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Glad to hear about your progress. 8) Sad to hear that you want to go way of ScamBay. Godfather says why enrich Scambay coffers?  :o Put the loot and effort into your own website! In the long run you will be very glad you did. And also you will have a lot more control over your website than over what happens in ScamBay.
Oscar

OCchris

• Old Towne, Orange, CA 10b
    • View Profile
Adam- Congratulations! Big time accomplishment. Can't wait to duke-it-out with my esteemed members....  Chris

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
I forgot to mention that all my plants are certified to be "NWO resistant".  :P

at Flying Fox Fruits, we give credence to the law of the jungle, where fruit trees rule.  ;)

http://youtu.be/IvjxLN5DfY0
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 02:48:52 PM by FlyingFoxFruits »
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
Glad to hear about your progress. 8) Sad to hear that you want to go way of ScamBay. Godfather says why enrich Scambay coffers?  :o Put the loot and effort into your own website! In the long run you will be very glad you did. And also you will have a lot more control over your website than over what happens in ScamBay.

as a scambay shareholder, I would love to see the stock and dividend price go up with the addition of your stuff for sale, adam.  on the other hand, I think don Corleone is right about putting the effort into your own site.  you can probably make more money doing it yourself...albeit with some work up front. maybe do a plant swap + cash to someone on here (especially in florida that can design your website to make it easy for you to manage. 

Zambezi

• USA, Houston, TX. Zone 9a
    • View Profile
Congratulations Adam...:)  8) :)

TX too!! hehehe, I almost missed this announcement!!

I am so glad things worked out for you, and wish you the very best in this next step!  8)

Joy2Foragers

• Forager, Gardener and Rare fruit collector
  • Forager, Gardener, and Collector
    • United States,Florida,Orlando,Zone 9b
    • View Profile
Congratulations, Adam! I'm long overdue to stop by at your nursery. Even the USDA guys I talked you this week mentioned your prowess with tropical plants :)
Hurrah for the Prince of Plinia!