Author Topic: New rules for the import of live plants and seeds into the EU  (Read 5332 times)

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Re: New rules for the import of live plants and seeds into the EU
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2020, 06:00:04 AM »
Its nice that they are concerned about invasive species and enviroment but they copy USA with these restrictions wich is bad and they will fail.
Ive tricked US customs easily before after ive learned how to reseal bottle caps on Youtube  ;D.
Learning ecology practices from USA (California excluded)and Australia its like going back in time 100 years.

They make it hard for me wich i collect fruit trees but they dont see that drug dealers sell liberally colections of cannabis seeds because they found that the seeds dont contain THC and are legal to be sold @ here for ,,collectors,, of cannabis cultivars.
Basically any teenager is a ,,collector,, of cannabis seeds .
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 06:16:54 AM by SeaWalnut »

Domnik

• 7A Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2020, 06:22:33 AM »
SeaWalnut full agreement when it comes to wrong copying solutions from other countries.
Maybe you join the protest and send them some flowers? Only that they are not cut, because sending such is legal;)

EU bureaucrats think we are idiots pushing us crop protection kit. As if mushrooms and tincture could not spread on cut or dry flowers (which can be sent without restrictions ;)

Patience is a gardener's virtue

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2020, 06:40:10 AM »
SeaWalnut full agreement when it comes to wrong copying solutions from other countries.
Maybe you join the protest and send them some flowers? Only that they are not cut, because sending such is legal;)

EU bureaucrats think we are idiots pushing us crop protection kit. As if mushrooms and tincture could not spread on cut or dry flowers (which can be sent without restrictions ;)
All this ,,lets become more ecologists,, hype its political and while i am a certified ecologist and i like such people,they are misguided and exagerate soo much that sometimes they  start being actually against the enviroment protection .
Best example is the asian carp,the silver carp that is soo much hated by americans and australians altough that fish its the only saviour that could clean their water from the sewage wich kills The Great Barrier Reef and the dead lake Erie.
The voice in ecology are those of politicians not of scientists ,sadly.
The Eu beurocrats heard that Australia wants to ban cats,dogs,carps,plants ,etc from entering the country and think they should learn from their politicians how to behave with enviroment not seeing that Australia its the last developed country in the world at polution and emissions.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2020, 05:44:17 PM »
It seems that only plants for planting otther than seeds need phytocertificate.
Ordering germinated seeds like manny tropicals are will be harder from now on.
https://ec.europa.eu/food/plant/plant_health_biosecurity/legislation/new_eu_rules_en

Felipe

• Global Moderator
    • Canary Islands, Spain - 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2020, 02:52:33 PM »
I don't know about the current EU regulations, but due to risk of importing pests to the fragil subtropical ecosistem, there have always been restrictive rules for the Canary Islands. The rules for impoerting seeds, plants or any material are the following: 1. you need a permit 2. you need a phyto 3. no soil 4. some spp. are completelly prohibited.

The reality is, that it is impossible to get a permit and if you get it, then the process at the customs take that long, that most plants and scions perish.

As a result everybody ignore the rules and import ilegal. In fact even big nurseries import whole containers with plants from Netherlands of Spanish Peninsula. I also know from a lot of people who also import seeds and scions in a small scale and I only heard once that a pack of scions was confiscated and destroyed by the customs. So it usually works, but there is a risk of getting confiscted..

polux

• Slovakia, Nitra, 6a
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2020, 05:23:05 PM »
I ve got my first package with seeds last week with no problem. But this one has fyto added. Customs remove fyto out so its clear they take the work serious :D

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2020, 05:28:59 PM »
We need to make a forum with a list of sellers that can provide phyto certificates,prices ,experiences,etc.

shiro

• France La Rochelle
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2020, 08:09:10 PM »
In the end it's just an excuse to add an extra tax.
Because it is a certainty viruses or pests can be transmitted in many different ways.
And it is without counting that each batch is not checked free of disease so in the end this method is no more realistic than before.

Text for French members.
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/FR/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32018R2019&from=FRA

polux

• Slovakia, Nitra, 6a
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2020, 06:09:33 PM »
We need to make a forum with a list of sellers that can provide phyto certificates,prices ,experiences,etc.

Its very good idea, we can put it right here to this thread. My last experience was with seller from Cameroon, he is able to add fyto to every shipment so you can expect no problems with custom. I dont know if he is active on TFF but previous someone posted under nick Isolona.