Author Topic: walkin plastic greenhouse recommendation  (Read 9030 times)

KarenRei

• Arctic Member
    • Reykjavík, Iceland
    • View Profile
Re: walkin plastic greenhouse recommendation
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2013, 06:33:10 AM »
Awesome looking greenhouse, Mark!  :)
Já, ég er að rækta suðrænar plöntur á Íslandi. Nei, ég er ekki klikkuð. Jæja, kannski...

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 08:55:02 AM »
Thanks folks!  That first avocado only cost me $30,000.   ???

Very nice greenhouse! 

This isn't viable for a lot of us in So. Cal. where most of us have an average of 5000-10000 sq feet lots. 

That's why I recommended building your own. I didn't know which end of a hammer to hold before me and my Dad put up a lean- to for my orchid collection.  I mentioned 16" centers but you could get away with 24" and get a bit more light.  I painted the south wall (length of a garage) a couple of coats of white latex and the light was incredible, like 9,000 f.c. 

I don't think the issue is getting what you want at the price within your budget....may be fighting all the City Hall fees and regulations and the small footprint of your lot.   Build according to code (don't skimp on quality), but screw City Hall, their fees (taxes) and their inspectors. 

Move to Texas, we don't have all that nonsense and many of the lots are quite spacious, like 12K -18K.    And here in Texas if you choose voluntary enslavement  by submitting to their permitting process, they won't nickel and dime you to death.  At a former home I built the greenhouse, ran electrical and gas utility lines, and hooked up everything myself without some jerk telling me I needed to file and pay this-and-that so they could keep their job.   :) 

....but I digress.

Mark 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 09:01:56 AM by Mark in Texas »

NaturalGreenthumb

• CA, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2013, 10:10:55 AM »
WOW! That is nice!!!

Where's the telescope!?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk