Author Topic: Australian Finger Lime Tree advice needed  (Read 3585 times)

Dirt Diva

• Houston, Tx 9A
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel for the DivingTemptress
Re: Australian Finger Lime Tree advice needed
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2020, 11:01:47 PM »
Give these folks a look... I bought my Finger Lime mother plant from them:

https://www.fourwindsgrowers.com

Kevin Jones

Thanks Kevin.  Unfortunately, they cannot ship to Texas. It has to do with the Citrus Greening Disease. No citrus can be shipped in.  But thanks for that tip for others who don't live in the Lone Star State   ;D
P J, the DivingTemptress and Dirt Diva

Fygee

• Las Vegas Gardening Community Admin
    • Las Vegas, NV
    • View Profile
    • Las Vegas Gardening Community
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2020, 12:52:11 PM »
If you have Costco in your area, check there. That's where I got mine. They'll usually have some whenever they get citrus plants for sale in the spring and fall, assuming they are still selling citrus there due to the disease you mentioned.
Continuing my journey to disprove those who say "You can't grow that in the desert" since 2013.

PahoaJo

• Big Island, Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2020, 02:34:29 PM »
I keep mine in a 15 gallon pot and it produces regularly.  I don't have any plans to put it in the ground because the thorns and branches can get so gnarly, this way it is much more manageable.  Pruning a large finger lime tree, or just trying to harvest the fruit, is not pleasant.

Dirt Diva

• Houston, Tx 9A
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel for the DivingTemptress
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2020, 09:51:16 PM »
I keep mine in a 15 gallon pot and it produces regularly.  I don't have any plans to put it in the ground because the thorns and branches can get so gnarly, this way it is much more manageable.  Pruning a large finger lime tree, or just trying to harvest the fruit, is not pleasant.

We grow quite a bit in containers.
I watched a lady Down Under whack the tree with a stick and the fruit fell off. This tree is the only one that I will tolerate ''biting'' me with its thorns, so will try the stick method my 1st harvest.
P J, the DivingTemptress and Dirt Diva

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk