Author Topic: Top 5 favorite fruits (including non tropicals)  (Read 175598 times)

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
Re: Top 5 favorite fruits (including non tropicals)
« Reply #325 on: June 01, 2015, 10:54:01 AM »
hero member only has one little yellow square?

What happened?

Keep up the good work!  Promoting positive vibes amongst the rare fruit community!

Btw, for a guy who sells jaboticaba commercially, I sure haven't sold much...my grove was just planted this year, and not a single tree has even flowered yet!

You're on fire!! And you're leaving the Brazilian forest as charcoal, and pasture land for raising cattle!

Nobody is going to want to eat this fruit by the time your finished!

I won't be able to stay in business!!

Please stop!

:'(
 :P

have you been getting anymore fruit off your red jabo??
1) Longkong duku langsat

2) Mangosteen

3) Cherimoya

4) Jaboticaba

5) Mango

Second poster with jaboticaba in top 5? Send this to Starling. He'll probably say you conspired to change their opinions. HAHA

Really it would be the 4th if u include me.

But seriously not even the 15yr olds on the forum are silly enough to dedicate a personal quote to bashing one of the best rare fruits...and one of the most active members on the forum!

My signature doesn't qualify as a bash. It's not slander if it's true, Adam,  and it does not constitute untruth any more than if I were to say that the color scheme on this site consists of green, white and black, because this is simply a fact. For example, it is true that Jaboticaba is not your favorite fruit, it is true that you produce them commercially, and it is also true that nobody in this thread named Jaboticaba as their favorite fruit.

Not one person.

Literally, not one person on a forum made up of rare fruit enthusiasts named jaboticaba as their favorite fruit. Imagine then, if you will, how little non-rare fruit enthusiasts will think of it.

You say that 4 people named it in their top 5? Well, kudos for picking those out from the other 13 pages of people who didn't. Although it is quite funny that you'd actually be driven to do that. My favorite part of this is that you actually included yourself in that tally. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel, huh?Hahahaha!

I do take your meaning though, and yes--it is a fact I am probably enjoying a little too much. I'm not going to say I don't enjoy it.  I do; Immensely. Coercing you into your current humiliating and painstaking  state of  begging, pleading and thread-sifting in a desperate attempt to garner support for a product you sell, yet  clearly have no faith in inasmuch as it is only your third favorite fruit, is possibly my greatest achievement on this forum. What a judo flip. What can I say--I'm a talented guy. I actually don't think you like them very much at all, but no doubt enjoy how easy they are to propagate and how much fruit they produce, and how easily they will fruit.. Nice cash cow. Well, they would be if anyone wanted to eat them, but apparently very few people do. Don't take it up with me. Take it up with the respondents. All 96% of them.

Sorry saff. Pick a better horse next time!

s
What do the little yellow squares mean anyway?
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #326 on: June 01, 2015, 10:57:24 AM »
it shows your rank...

something like a general with 5 stars...

all hero members on the forum have all 5, except one!

;D

What happened?

Keep up the good work!  Promoting positive vibes amongst the rare fruit community!

Btw, for a guy who sells jaboticaba commercially, I sure haven't sold much...my grove was just planted this year, and not a single tree has even flowered yet!

You're on fire!! And you're leaving the Brazilian forest as charcoal, and pasture land for raising cattle!

Please stop!

1) Longkong duku langsat

2) Mangosteen

3) Cherimoya

4) Jaboticaba

5) Mango

Second poster with jaboticaba in top 5? Send this to Starling. He'll probably say you conspired to change their opinions. HAHA

But seriously not even the 15yr olds on the forum are silly enough to dedicate a personal quote to bashing one of the best rare fruits...and one of the most active members on the forum!

My signature doesn't qualify as a bash. It's not slander if it's true, Adam,  and it does not constitute untruth any more than if I were to say that the color scheme on this site consists of green, white and black, because this is simply a fact. For example, it is true that Jaboticaba is not your favorite fruit, it is true that you produce them commercially, and it is also true that nobody in this thread named Jaboticaba as their favorite fruit.

Not one person.

Literally, not one person on a forum made up of rare fruit enthusiasts named jaboticaba as their favorite fruit. Imagine then, if you will, how little non-rare fruit enthusiasts will think of it.

You say that 4 people named it in their top 5? Well, kudos for picking those out from the other 13 pages of people who didn't. Although it is quite funny that you'd actually be driven to do that. My favorite part of this is that you actually included yourself in that tally. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel, huh?Hahahaha!

I do take your meaning though, and yes--it is a fact I am probably enjoying a little too much. I'm not going to say I don't enjoy it.  I do; Immensely. Coercing you into your current humiliating and painstaking  state of  begging, pleading and thread-sifting in a desperate attempt to garner support for a product you sell, yet  clearly have no faith in inasmuch as it is only your third favorite fruit, is possibly my greatest achievement on this forum. What a judo flip. What can I say--I'm a talented guy. I actually don't think you like them very much at all, but no doubt enjoy how easy they are to propagate and how much fruit they produce, and how easily they will fruit.. Nice cash cow. Well, they would be if anyone wanted to eat them, but apparently very few people do. Don't take it up with me. Take it up with the respondents. All 96% of them.

s
What do the little yellow squares mean anyway?
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Caesar

• PR
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 01, 2015, 11:44:36 AM »

What happened?

Please stop!

Not one person.

s

Dudes, really? Is this what it’s come to? I can tell you right now as one of the new guys that one of the reasons this forum appealed to me so much was the idea of spending time with like-minded people, exchanging ideas, solving my problems and helping people solve theirs. There was always an air of camaraderie to the way most conversations develop, or at the very least mutual support in the endeavor to raise rare fruits & share info. Even with some form of disagreement, the worst I’d usually see is a bit of poking fun and some “agree to disagree” business. It’s very off-putting to see this back and forth and ill will spiral out of control like this. Maybe it’s none of my business, but I just don’t see the need for such an extended disagreement over something so trivial, when you all could just “agree to disagree”, and get back to trading info. and good will.

Starling, if your opinion is sincere, and you’re not being a troll, then it’s ok to have an unpopular opinion (assuming it really is unpopular, haven’t checked my facts yet). If you’re not a fan of jaboticabas, that’s great, you’re entitled to your own tastes. But the impression I’m getting from your posts & sig (please correct me if my interpretation is wrong) is that you wish to imply that Jaboticaba is a disliked fruit. Not having something as a favorite is very different than actually disliking it. It merely means that there are things out there that the person likes even more; but for all we know, these guys might all LOVE jaboticaba, while loving their non-jabo top-5’s even more. You seem to like Dragon Fruit a lot, but I didn’t see it in most people’s top 5 either. Does that make it a disliked fruit? Heck no! Most people just like other stuff even more.

Regarding how little non-rare fruit enthusiasts would think of it, I can tell you that in the days prior to my “Tropical Fruit Awakening”, so to speak, any cursory research on the subject invariably led to a mention of jaboticaba. It’s not a poorly known fruit. And every mention of said fruit always gave an impression of it being a well-liked fruit, including by the authors of whatever source I happened to be reading at the time. As a non-fruit enthusiast back in those days, all I could think of was that it was one of the more popular trop fruits, and a must-have in most enthusiast’s collection. Not a top-5? That doesn’t mean it’s unpopular.

As for your last two paragraphs... dude... that’s just sad. I can understand having different opinions and viewpoints, and I can understand being frustrated with those who have opposing views. But actually enjoying someone else’s misery (if you could call it that, I’m not convinced Adam’s very affected by it) is low, man. There’s no need for that stuff, we’re here to support and help each other. I have my fair share of opposite-minded people, people others wouldn’t consider anything more than enemies... I don’t sugarcoat my opinions nor do I drop them in favor of my opponents, but I don’t wish them ill nor do I enjoy their misery. I wish them well, sincerely, even if they do oppose my viewpoints. I was kinda hoping this forum would be a place of good will as well. But I guess that’s up to each individual member, even you, Starling. Forget that negativity, you’re better than that, man!

And Adam... Dude, stop poking him with a stick. If he’s a troll, this is pointless (although maybe I should take my own advice on that...). You know the #1 rule of internet forums: don’t feed the trolls. If he’s not a troll, he’s entitled to his opinions. If he dislikes Jabo, or sees it as a low-merit fruit, that’s his opinion, he’s entitled to it. If he thinks most people don’t care for Jabo, leave him be. He might be right (I can’t tell at this point), but if he’s wrong, it’s not like he’ll convince the community to drop this fruit, and make himself right in so doing. None of us here have that kind of power. Just get along, and try not to poke too much fun at other forum members. A little civility goes a long way.

And if this whole situation was a “who’s more right than whom” sort of thing... oralé! Seriously, the subject matter is an opinion on the quality of fruit, it’s not even a quantifiable fact, like how much water a tree needs. And if the “facts” are about how many people like them, a single forum thread of top 5’s is hardly a credible source for either one of you. You’re both gonna get into an internet shouting match over something like this? It’s not worth it, guys!

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #328 on: June 01, 2015, 11:59:41 AM »
Caesar,

I suppose it's hard to ignore someone when they purposefully try to antagonize you (or tarnish your name)

do you see me bashing fruits? and creating a personal quote, just to piss someone off? (he specifically mentions me as a commercial grower of jaboticaba)

If you give me an opportunity, I will definitely be the jerk who pokes at you with a stick...I can't help it!  :P

www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 01, 2015, 12:40:59 PM »
I have tried a lot of fruit that was new to me in the last year! If I've replied to this thread in the past I bet my top 5 has shifted.I can't do a particular order and agree it certainly can change. Watermelon, I had the best watermelon of my life last year, I remember it well. I was juicing lots of Crenshaw, Piel de Sapo, and watermelons, amazing!
Lychee, I picked tree ripe fruit! thank you Vista! amazing!
Jaboticaba, I had 3 pounds of Sabara shipped and it started an obsession with this amazing fruit that has been one of the funnest to grow.
White Sapote, the texture and flavor on a good variety is melt in your mouth good.
Feijoa, Incredible juicy flavor when the fruit is right.
Mango Mango, thank you Florida growers for all the wonderful varieties!
So much good fruit out there.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 03:55:50 PM by Bush2Beach »

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #330 on: June 01, 2015, 01:30:27 PM »
you've got the two people who contribute the most to the forum (Oscar and I), and many other respectable members who agree that Starling is trying to rile people up, ..(if you senselessly talk trash about someone or something that I love, expect retaliation)....his comments are unfounded, misleading and untrue!

He has already been banned from off topic, and should be banned from the entire forum (in my opinion)...that is why he has one yellow square...

I don't care if you hate jaboticaba, or disagree with me...but don't try to piss me off on purpose...its obvious that's what's going on here.

that is the last thing I will say about that...

and I will keep on topic..

sorry to everyone reading (Especially the forum administrators) for feeding into the mentality...but I find it hard to keep myself from correcting posts that have false info in them.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 01:33:45 PM by FlyingFoxFruits »
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

Pan Dulce

• Central Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 01, 2015, 01:57:36 PM »
My top five in no order:

Lychee, mango, pummelo, jackfruit, rambutan

This is my top five, I want to try list.  Whew, hopefully I can drop one of these off the list this year.
Heading to the Big Island... Hawaii in August so maybe I'll get lucky.

1. Longkong/Langsat/Duku
2. Pulasan
3. Rollinia
4. Durian, I have only had mediocre imports
5. Chempedak/Marang

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #332 on: June 01, 2015, 04:33:02 PM »
1) Longkong duku langsat

2) Mangosteen

3) Cherimoya

4) Jaboticaba

5) Mango

Muscadine is supposed to be a good and tasty alternative to Jaboticaba. Do you agree, Adam ?.

Of all the grapes i think that jaboticabas are closest tasting to muscadines. They have a similar, well musky, flavor to them. I really love muscadine's strong taste. It's very rare though that i find them for sale here.
Oscar

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #333 on: June 01, 2015, 04:39:20 PM »
you've got the two people who contribute the most to the forum (Oscar and I), and many other respectable members who agree that Starling is trying to rile people up, ..(if you senselessly talk trash about someone or something that I love, expect retaliation)....his comments are unfounded, misleading and untrue!

He has already been banned from off topic, and should be banned from the entire forum (in my opinion)...that is why he has one yellow square...

I don't care if you hate jaboticaba, or disagree with me...but don't try to piss me off on purpose...its obvious that's what's going on here.

that is the last thing I will say about that...

and I will keep on topic..

sorry to everyone reading (Especially the forum administrators) for feeding into the mentality...but I find it hard to keep myself from correcting posts that have false info in them.

I think Starling is itching to get banned. That is why he makes comments like that the administrators, especially Murahilin, are into nepotism and will definitely side with Adam. Adam, i didn't know Murahilin or Patrcik are in your family?  :o ;)
Sadly, all of Starling's comments on this thread should be moved to the thread: Stupidest mistakes you've ever made.
Oscar

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #334 on: June 01, 2015, 04:49:27 PM »
honestly...

not trying to puff up the jaboticabas.

but when i do the sale in Manatee county, I bring a bunch of red jaboticabas for people to taste...(it always helps me sell a bunch of trees!)

seriously with out exaggerating, about 95% of the people who taste them like them (we bring about 200 fruits, and always run out of fruit quickly...and we only allow one fruit per person)...and if they have tasted a Sabara jaboticaba before, almost 100% of them like the red jaboticaba better!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #335 on: June 01, 2015, 05:45:04 PM »
Starling,

while your are modifying your profile....you should change your forum name to Iblis  ;D
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 01, 2015, 08:37:41 PM »
Aargh, I missed pre edit, always richer.
I learn lots of new words on this forum with its rich diversity of members but do not enjoy reading Legalese.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #337 on: June 01, 2015, 09:08:00 PM »
my favorite fruits to this day, in no particular order:

1)biriba
2)illama (have only tasted guillermo)
3)jaboticaba (Grimal, is my favorite variety so far...must be perfectly ripe)
4)Garcinia gardneriana
5)pitangatuba/starcherry

(Eugenia candolleana should be included in this list, but I ran out of room...also a good surinam cherry!)

oh...and Lisa Atemoya!...and Dream Atmeoya!!

damn...5 spots is not enough....

cambuca, Red jabo, Yellow jabo, white jabo, jaboticaba cafe!!  (5 of my favorite jaboticaba like fruits!)
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 01, 2015, 09:55:42 PM »

What happened?

Please stop!

Not one person.

s

Dudes, really? Is this what it’s come to? I can tell you right now as one of the new guys that one of the reasons this forum appealed to me so much was the idea of spending time with like-minded people, exchanging ideas, solving my problems and helping people solve theirs. There was always an air of camaraderie to the way most conversations develop, or at the very least mutual support in the endeavor to raise rare fruits & share info. Even with some form of disagreement, the worst I’d usually see is a bit of poking fun and some “agree to disagree” business. It’s very off-putting to see this back and forth and ill will spiral out of control like this. Maybe it’s none of my business, but I just don’t see the need for such an extended disagreement over something so trivial, when you all could just “agree to disagree”, and get back to trading info. and good will.

Starling, if your opinion is sincere, and you’re not being a troll, then it’s ok to have an unpopular opinion (assuming it really is unpopular, haven’t checked my facts yet). If you’re not a fan of jaboticabas, that’s great, you’re entitled to your own tastes. But the impression I’m getting from your posts & sig (please correct me if my interpretation is wrong) is that you wish to imply that Jaboticaba is a disliked fruit. Not having something as a favorite is very different than actually disliking it. It merely means that there are things out there that the person likes even more; but for all we know, these guys might all LOVE jaboticaba, while loving their non-jabo top-5’s even more. You seem to like Dragon Fruit a lot, but I didn’t see it in most people’s top 5 either. Does that make it a disliked fruit? Heck no! Most people just like other stuff even more.

Regarding how little non-rare fruit enthusiasts would think of it, I can tell you that in the days prior to my “Tropical Fruit Awakening”, so to speak, any cursory research on the subject invariably led to a mention of jaboticaba. It’s not a poorly known fruit. And every mention of said fruit always gave an impression of it being a well-liked fruit, including by the authors of whatever source I happened to be reading at the time. As a non-fruit enthusiast back in those days, all I could think of was that it was one of the more popular trop fruits, and a must-have in most enthusiast’s collection. Not a top-5? That doesn’t mean it’s unpopular.

As for your last two paragraphs... dude... that’s just sad. I can understand having different opinions and viewpoints, and I can understand being frustrated with those who have opposing views. But actually enjoying someone else’s misery (if you could call it that, I’m not convinced Adam’s very affected by it) is low, man. There’s no need for that stuff, we’re here to support and help each other. I have my fair share of opposite-minded people, people others wouldn’t consider anything more than enemies... I don’t sugarcoat my opinions nor do I drop them in favor of my opponents, but I don’t wish them ill nor do I enjoy their misery. I wish them well, sincerely, even if they do oppose my viewpoints. I was kinda hoping this forum would be a place of good will as well. But I guess that’s up to each individual member, even you, Starling. Forget that negativity, you’re better than that, man!

And Adam... Dude, stop poking him with a stick. If he’s a troll, this is pointless (although maybe I should take my own advice on that...). You know the #1 rule of internet forums: don’t feed the trolls. If he’s not a troll, he’s entitled to his opinions. If he dislikes Jabo, or sees it as a low-merit fruit, that’s his opinion, he’s entitled to it. If he thinks most people don’t care for Jabo, leave him be. He might be right (I can’t tell at this point), but if he’s wrong, it’s not like he’ll convince the community to drop this fruit, and make himself right in so doing. None of us here have that kind of power. Just get along, and try not to poke too much fun at other forum members. A little civility goes a long way.

And if this whole situation was a “who’s more right than whom” sort of thing... oralé! Seriously, the subject matter is an opinion on the quality of fruit, it’s not even a quantifiable fact, like how much water a tree needs. And if the “facts” are about how many people like them, a single forum thread of top 5’s is hardly a credible source for either one of you. You’re both gonna get into an internet shouting match over something like this? It’s not worth it, guys!

Caesar, I suggest you take a perusal of Saff's posting history. He has verbalized and slandered more people on this forum, to worse degrees, than me or any other member, even going to lengths of creating GIFS of them.  He is a textbook narcissist, and I have no tolerance for narcissists. And that won't change as long as he is enabled to be one, and is babied out of the problems he creates for himself, and allows others to fight his battles for him.

But yes, you are are right. I will change my signature, and will not continue this.

And yes, Oscar--nepotism. Kind of like how I get reduced to one yellow brick, but Saff is at five after having made considerably more derogatory statements  and having posted GIFS which feature members engaged in sexual acts with animals (which actually is slander) amongst other things. If that isn't nepotism, I don't know what is. If I do get banned, that will have real world ramifications for me because I use this site to trade and purchase seeds. If that does happen, I will ensure that that action has real world implications for both of your enterprises too. If it's going to go that far, I suppose I'll be forced to create my own justice--because clearly I won't get any here. I suggest both you and Saffron take a breather, and have a long, hard think about whether or not you really want it to go that way.

Lol. It sounds like you are threatening Oscar and Adam.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #340 on: June 01, 2015, 11:13:47 PM »

What happened?

Please stop!

Not one person.

s

Caesar, I suggest you take a perusal of Saff's posting history. He has verbalized and slandered more people on this forum, to worse degrees, than me or any other member, even going to lengths of creating GIFS of them.  He is a textbook narcissist, and I have no tolerance for narcissists. And that won't change as long as he is enabled to be one, and is babied out of the problems he creates for himself, and allows others to fight his battles for him.

But yes, you are are right. I will change my signature, and will not continue this.

And yes, Oscar--nepotism. Kind of like how I get reduced to one yellow brick, but Saff is at five after having made considerably more derogatory statements  and having posted GIFS which feature members engaged in sexual acts with animals (which actually is slander) amongst other things. If that isn't nepotism, I don't know what is. If I do get banned, that will have real world ramifications for me because I use this site to trade and purchase seeds. If that does happen, I will ensure that that action has real world implications for both of your enterprises too. If it's going to go that far, I suppose I'll be forced to create my own justice--because clearly I won't get any here. I suggest both you and Saffron take a breather, and have a long, hard think about whether or not you really want it to go that way.

Lol. It sounds like you are threatening Oscar and Adam.

I'm just about to shit in my pants from fear.  :'( :'( :'(   Funny to receive threats from a guy that receives all his plant materials illegally into Australia.

Oscar

Waterfall

• Australia, NSW, Sydney, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 02, 2015, 12:40:31 AM »
I reserve the right to change my list once I have tasted some of the other fruits I have growing in my garden, in no particular order.

Lychee
Mangosteen
Soursop
Mango
atemoya

Caesar

• PR
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 02, 2015, 01:23:01 AM »

Starling, are the most recent posts on this thread representative of the "verbalization" Adam tends to dish out? If that's the case (not sure if it is, yet), frankly, I'm finding fault in both of you. On the one hand, we have you... If these posts of his are representative, you seem a little over-sensitive. You gotta grow a thicker skin, man. It's clear he's not taking the situation very seriously. Times like these, I take my sister's advice: remain calm. Show them your best face, gracefully. Think about it, if your opponent is taking things as calmly as Adam here, then he's sitting home, cool as a cucumber, completely at ease, while in full knowledge that you're angry and bothered and worse off than he is. Don't give him that satisfaction, play it as cool as he is. If he's not taking it seriously, neither should you.

Also, at least some of these replies don't really seem maliciously antagonistic. A lot of them seem like playful banter, a verbal roughhousing, if you will. Not so much a nasty attack, but a "friendly" (at first) jab. Maybe he expected a playful jab in return. Size up your opponent, and play the same cards. If he gets angry, stand firm. If he plays it cool, play it cool back, don't let him know it's bothering you. If he seems like a narcissist to you, don't give him your time; it ain't worth it. Just cool down, and let their antics fall off you like water off a duck's back. "Rubber - glue - back to you", you know? Tryin' to tar and feather his reputation (and that of his chosen fruit) ain't the way.

If these posts are NOT representative of what he usually dishes out, you might as well disregard my above commentary as irrelevant (in which case, you might not be over-sensitive), and I have failed.   :-[

Also, I think the word you're thinking of is favoritism. I got confused too, thought "nepotism" was the right one at first; then I remembered nepotism is favoritism specifically towards a family member.

Now on the other hand... Adam, Oscar... Assuming my above commentary is correct... What the heck, guys! In such a case, it's plainly obvious that he doesn't share your sense of humor, he doesn't like the way you guys comment around; he finds it insulting. Why do y'all bait him like that? All it's done is make him angry and spawn an out-of-control argument. Yes, he seems over-sensitive (which is on him), but if I know I'm dealing with someone who doesn't like my antics, I don't keep poking fun at the guy and expect him to come around, I give him some space. It wouldn't hurt to drop the humor (and disbelief) every once-in-a-while, and talk it out civilly and seriously. If he still finds a way to cause an argument, then ignore him, leave him be. If his comments are misleading and untrue, let him stew by his lonesome. It's not like anyone who knows you and the fruit would believe such innacuracies. No need to make more back-handed comments on other threads, just forget it ever happened. Talk it out, make nice; I'm sure he's willing if y'all are.

Again, if my above commentary is inaccurate, then I have no idea what I'm talking about, and might as well leave the conversation.  :-[

Neither of you have to take each other's crap, but there's no need for anger or disdain either. Adam, stop baiting him. Yes, he was riling people up; but the way he puts it, sounds like he was reacting to you. Overkill reaction? Maybe... but don't feed into it. Starling, chill out. If he keeps antagonizing ya, treat him like a bully. You don't talk back to bullies, you report them, then ignore them. Don't let him get to ya, simple as that.

There's no need to let this get any worse. People's livelihoods are at stake. I say there's no need to ban Starling, and no need for Starling to sic his lawyers on y'all. It's gone on long enough. I don't wanna lose two great business partners to litigation, and a possible third to a forum-banning. Listen to this wannabe hippie: forgive, forget, let it be, and pretend the whole thing never happened.

Now, to get back on topic...

I have embarrassingly little experience with exotic fruits, so I'll have to make due with what I already know for my top 5, dipping in to both tropical and temperate fruits. Note: this takes "out-of-hand" eating into account. For processing, my list would be different.

1. Garcinias (particularly Purple Mangosteen).

2. Langsat.

3. Banana.

4. Strawberry.

5. Raspberry.

And there's my current top five. Woot!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:34:48 AM by Caesar »

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #343 on: June 02, 2015, 01:36:28 AM »

Starling, are the most recent posts on this thread representative of the "verbalization" Adam tends to dish out? If that's the case (not sure if it is, yet), frankly, I'm finding fault in both of you. On the one hand, we have you... If these posts of his are representative, you seem a little over-sensitive. You gotta grow a thicker skin, man. It's clear he's not taking the situation very seriously. Times like these, I take my sister's advice: remain calm. Show them your best face, gracefully. Think about it, if your opponent is taking things as calmly as Adam here, then he's sitting home, cool as a cucumber, completely at ease, while in full knowledge that you're angry and bothered and worse off than he is. Don't give him that satisfaction, play it as cool as he is. If he's not taking it seriously, neither should you.

Also, at least some of these replies don't really seem maliciously antagonistic. A lot of them seem like playful banter, a verbal roughhousing, if you will. Not so much a nasty attack, but a "friendly" (at first) jab. Maybe he expected a playful jab in return. Size up your opponent, and play the same cards. If he gets angry, stand firm. If he plays it cool, play it cool back, don't let him know it's bothering you. If he seems like a narcissist to you, don't give him your time; it ain't worth it. Just cool down, and let their antics fall off you like water off a duck's back. "Rubber - glue - back to you", you know? Tryin' to tar and feather his reputation (and that of his chosen fruit) ain't the way.

If these posts are NOT representative of what he usually dishes out, you might as well disregard my above commentary as irrelevant (in which case, you might not be over-sensitive), and I have failed.   :-[

Also, I think the word you're thinking of is favoritism. I got confused too, thought "nepotism" was the right one at first; then I remembered nepotism is favoritism specifically towards a family member.

Now on the other hand... Adam, Oscar... Assuming my above commentary is correct... What the heck, guys! In such a case, it's plainly obvious that he doesn't share your sense of humor, he doesn't like the way you guys comment around; he finds it insulting. Why do y'all bait him like that? All it's done is make him angry and spawn an out-of-control argument. Yes, he seems over-sensitive (which is on him), but if I know I'm dealing with someone who doesn't like my antics, I don't keep poking fun at the guy and expect him to come around, I give him some space. It wouldn't hurt to drop the humor (and disbelief) every once-in-a-while, and talk it out civilly and seriously. If he still finds a way to cause an argument, then ignore him, leave him be. If his comments are misleading and untrue, let him stew by his lonesome. It's not like anyone who knows you and the fruit would believe such innacuracies. No need to make more back-handed comments on other threads, just forget it ever happened. Talk it out, make nice; I'm sure he's willing if y'all are.

Again, if my above commentary is inaccurate, then I have no idea what I'm talking about, and might as well leave the conversation.  :-[

Neither of you have to take each other's crap, but there's no need for anger or disdain either. Adam, stop baiting him. Yes, he was riling people up; but the way he puts it, sounds like he was reacting to you. Overkill reaction? Maybe... but don't feed into it. Starling, chill out. If he keeps antagonizing ya, treat him like a bully. You don't talk back to bullies, you report them, then ignore them. Don't let him get to ya, simple as that.

There's no need to let this get any worse. People's livelihoods are at stake. I say there's no need to ban Starling, and no need for Starling to sic his lawyers on y'all. It's gone on long enough. I don't wanna lose two great business partners to litigation, and a possible third to a forum-banning. Listen to this wannabe hippie: forgive, forget, let it be, and pretend the whole thing never happened.

Now, to get back on topic...

I have embarrassingly little experience with exotic fruits, so I'll have to make due with what I already know for my top 5, dipping in to both tropical and temperate fruits. Note: this takes "out-of-hand" eating into account. For processing, my list would be different.

1. Garcinias (particularly Purple Mangosteen).

2. Langsat.

3. Banana.

4. Strawberry.

5. Raspberry.

And there's my current top five. Woot!

www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

Caesar

• PR
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 02, 2015, 01:39:27 AM »

Why do I get the feeling this is what Starling was talking about? Oh well... I had a feeling I'd come across that way. I guess it's kinda funny. No hard feelings. But seriously, talk it out, ya nut.  ::)

shah8

• Atlanta, Ga
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 02, 2015, 02:43:45 AM »
Since I'd like to regularly eat muscadines...

Grimals only sort of taste like muscadines--the taste is lighter and more delicate.  Not as sweet as a muscadine can be.

While muscadines have only a tough skin, Grimals have a resinous skin, with some sandpapery quality to it.  Grimals mostly have some juicy pulp with clumps of fiberous pulp, and a mildly cling seed that can be sucked for flavor awhile.  Muscadines, however, have a juicy outer pulp and a rubbery inner pulp with seeds.

I suspect that most people will prefer Grimals to muscadines because it's a bit easier to eat, and the flavor isn't strong to the point of funk.

From the sea

• Big Island Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 02, 2015, 09:19:40 AM »
Changing my top 5 since tasting a few more fruit.

button mangosteen
rollina
every fruit I have tried in the family Myrtaceae
soursop
chewy sugarapples

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #347 on: June 02, 2015, 09:26:59 AM »
Changing my top 5 since tasting a few more fruit.

button mangosteen
rollina
every fruit I have tried in the family Myrtaceae
soursop
chewy sugarapples

lol your top 5 list reads like a who's who list of Hollywood stars!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

From the sea

• Big Island Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 02, 2015, 09:48:05 AM »
5 is not enough room  :'(.  In all reality there is only one fruit I can not stand and that's miracle fruit (Synsepalum dulcificum haven't tried the other fruit called miracle fruit) I am in the group of people who can taste the protein and it taste like artificial sweeteners for hours. yuck. The funny thing is I have 11 miracle fruit trees because my wife loves them.

Diospyros

• Paris, France
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 02, 2015, 09:50:58 AM »
In no particular order :

Avocado (hass.... That nutty flavor)

Persimmons (I could eat them until I drop dead)

Prickly pear (My mother used to tell me I'd make me constipated to stop me from stuffing myself)

Mangoes (I'm sad to admit that the best I've had so far are VP I don't get too many varieties here and Coconut Cream, Pickering, NDM and more and only exotic names to me)

And last but not least.... Cherimoya!!!!