Author Topic: Need help identifying a mango variety  (Read 1299 times)

Kaelix87

• San diego
    • View Profile
Need help identifying a mango variety
« on: September 14, 2018, 02:07:43 AM »
Came across tiny looking mangos at the store here in San Diego.  The mangos looked to be around 2-3 inches in length and they looked like tiny manila mangos. I asked what the name for the mangos were but they simply told me they were niņos mangos. Wondering if anyone here might know the variety.

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
Re: Need help identifying a mango variety
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 07:57:45 AM »
Came across tiny looking mangos at the store here in San Diego.  The mangos looked to be around 2-3 inches in length and they looked like tiny manila mangos. I asked what the name for the mangos were but they simply told me they were niņos mangos. Wondering if anyone here might know the variety.

They were from a local tree? Not imported? People like to give names to mango trees they grow from seeds.

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 10:37:00 AM »

Bro, mangoes are hard to ID as is, with no picture how can anyone even guess and even if someone guess do you really think it would make sense? Picture would help a lot as folks can relate the picture to something that have come across and familiar with it.

Kaelix87

• San diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 08:20:10 PM »
I'll head back to get a picture of it lol

Bro, mangoes are hard to ID as is, with no picture how can anyone even guess and even if someone guess do you really think it would make sense? Picture would help a lot as folks can relate the picture to something that have come across and familiar with it.

Nayelie321

• In California most of the time.
    • California
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 09:06:28 PM »