Author Topic: Queen Victoria Pineapple Plant  (Read 7391 times)

Evildeadguy

• Polk County, FL, Zone 9B
    • View Profile
Re: Queen Victoria Pineapple Plant
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2018, 01:26:34 PM »
2nd ripe Queen Victoria pineapple of the Season off one of my plants

Pineapples i Grow: Natal Queen

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2018, 05:47:38 PM »
Hey Jimmy,

Beautiful fruit you grew! Your Queen Victoria Pineapple looks so much bigger than the Zululand Queen that I posted a picture of earlier in this thread. Please give us a taste report when you cut it open. If you have a refractometer, it would be great if you can give us a Brix reading as well.

Simon

Evildeadguy

• Polk County, FL, Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2018, 06:07:23 PM »
Hey Jimmy,

Beautiful fruit you grew! Your Queen Victoria Pineapple looks so much bigger than the Zululand Queen that I posted a picture of earlier in this thread. Please give us a taste report when you cut it open. If you have a refractometer, it would be great if you can give us a Brix reading as well.

Simon

Thanks... Here is a photo of the 1st queen victoria pineapple of the season off one of my plants its a bit smaller.... and the ones i got 2 years ago that i started the plants from the crowns from there were smaller too kinda like your photo you posted earlier.
they don't weigh much close to 2lbs but still has an awesome taste sweet low acid edible core

Pineapples i Grow: Natal Queen

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2018, 06:28:24 PM »
Yeah, the flavor description is very similar to the Zululand Queen. It’s a great tasting pineapple! Have you considered putting a Kuai white Sugarloaf next to a queen? Maybe they will cross pollinate and create something good.

Simon