Author Topic: Wanted: Pouteria splendens seeds  (Read 4597 times)

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
Wanted: Pouteria splendens seeds
« on: May 22, 2015, 11:36:55 AM »
Hi to everybody,

I'm still loking for Pouteria splendens, does anybody found a place/someone where to buy seeds?

Please PM me if you haveit or can find it. Thanks!  ;)

this is a photo taken from http://floradechile.cl/dicotyle/species/sposplen.htm

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 09:32:39 AM by murahilin »

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Re: Pouteria splendens
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 02:30:24 AM »
I tthink you will have to get this from a Chilean nursery. We have one member from Chile, Jaime, who lives in S. Florida. Maybe he can advise you? I forget his fruit forum name. You should try and contact him.
Oscar

druss

• australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 02:35:56 AM »
I saw it on chileflora.com but it hasnt come into stock and I havent recieved a reply to my enquiries.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 02:40:48 AM »
I saw it on chileflora.com but it hasnt come into stock and I havent recieved a reply to my enquiries.

Did you send your inquiry in Spanish? They may not speak english. Translate it on google and send it again in spanish.
Oscar

druss

• australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 05:09:41 AM »
Actually thats a good point Oscar, cheers.

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 10:14:36 PM »
I tthink you will have to get this from a Chilean nursery. We have one member from Chile, Jaime, who lives in S. Florida. Maybe he can advise you? I forget his fruit forum name. You should try and contact him.

Is that the same Jaime as jez251?

John

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 10:17:25 PM »

Is that the same Jaime as jez251?

John

Yes thank you, that's the one!
Oscar

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 04:02:33 AM »
Many thanks Oscar, but regarding to Chileflora never replied me (and I speak currently spanish..) and I read somewhere they have been banned from selling seeds from some botanical communities due to illegal behaviours.

I will contact Jaime and let you know!

cheers

Giampaolo

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 05:14:36 AM »
T.F.B if you find a Chilean contact please rope me in as I have been searching for "chameleon vine" which is indigenous there for a long time!

If only Id been into plants when we went there on my school rugby tour of Chile and Argentina:( I was too dazzled by how attractive everyone was and how amazing the food was lol.
I would chastise my younger self if I could!
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 06:33:06 AM »
Sturatdaly, sure!

I have half chilean origins, and I know how friendly are some people there... but I prefer italian cooking!  ;)

Ciao

Giampaolo

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 06:44:36 AM »
Sturatdaly, sure!

I have half chilean origins, and I know how friendly are some people there... but I prefer italian cooking!  ;)

Ciao

Giampaolo

HAHA, thare is better Italian food in Argentina than in Italy. And you won't have to leave your whole wallet to buy it, like in Italy.
Oscar

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2015, 08:05:07 AM »
Sturatdaly, sure!

Ciao

Giampaolo

HAHA, thare is better Italian food in Argentina than in Italy. And you won't have to leave your whole wallet to buy it, like in Italy.

..HAHA!!! maybe this is not the place to discuss it.. but, the place in Italy where you leave the whole wallet to buy food are only for tourists or conosseurs!

I've been living in south america for some time and I belong to a family with both cultures: I found no places with the same price/quality/flavours together with different kind of traditional cooking like in Italy. Eating italian food in Argentina is like eating Shabu-Shabu in Italy... bad idea!

cheers,

Giampaolo

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2015, 12:26:53 PM »
Giampaolo,

Let me know if you come up with a source for this Pouteria.  I had also been looking for it without success.  I had also been looking at Chileflora for seeds for this one & also Lardizabala -- however, if I recall correctly, their conditions of sale severely limited your use of the seeds.  For example, you could not sell fruit from the your resulting trees.  So, if you come up with anything, I'd appreciate it if you could pass the info along to me.

John

druss

• australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2015, 07:47:36 PM »
Im looking for this too, chileflora is so far the only place ive found. If anyone has any luck id like to know too.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2015, 11:18:12 PM »
Sturatdaly, sure!

Ciao

Giampaolo

..HAHA!!! maybe this is not the place to discuss it.. but, the place in Italy where you leave the whole wallet to buy food are only for tourists or conosseurs!

I've been living in south america for some time and I belong to a family with both cultures: I found no places with the same price/quality/flavours together with different kind of traditional cooking like in Italy. Eating italian food in Argentina is like eating Shabu-Shabu in Italy... bad idea!

cheers,

Giampaolo

Sorry, but i found everything in Italy super expensive. I think only Switzerland is more outrageously expensive. Maybe if you gotta a Italian mama you can eat good and cheap. But as a traveler it's not a cheap country to visit.
I guess you don't know the good restaurants in Argentina. Yes you went to regular tourist route places? Maybe fast food Italian? HAHA  Argentina has the whole spectrum and is widely considered gourmet's delight at much more reasonable prices than Italy. Makes sense as a huge percentage of the population is originally from Italy.
Oscar

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2015, 11:39:13 PM »
Sturatdaly, sure!

Ciao

Giampaolo

cheers,

Giampaolo

Sorry, but i found everything in Italy super expensive. I think only Switzerland is more outrageously expensive. Maybe if you gotta a Italian mama you can eat good and cheap. But as a traveler it's not a cheap country to visit.
I guess you don't know the good restaurants in Argentina. Yes you went to regular tourist route places? Maybe fast food Italian? HAHA  Argentina has the whole spectrum and is widely considered gourmet's delight at much more reasonable prices than Italy. Makes sense as a huge percentage of the population is originally from Italy.
You find it hard to believe how cheap it is in Argentina:)
Get the bill for a three course plus a large cervesa and you think they only charging you for the starter ha ha!
Love that country so much, I have to go back:)
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau