Author Topic: Zutano avocado seeds wanted in bulk at a fair price  (Read 1201 times)

Avoman

• Sanger,Ca.
    • View Profile
Zutano avocado seeds wanted in bulk at a fair price
« on: January 18, 2020, 04:26:39 PM »
Wanted zutano avocado seeds they would need to be shipped- unless source is comming from from central valley in cal, also might be interested in bacon or fuerte seeds if cheap enough.

BonsaiBeast

• San Diego CA, USDA zone 10a, sunset zone 24
    • View Profile
    • BonsaiBeast
Re: Zutano avocado seeds wanted in bulk at a fair price
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 11:58:41 PM »
I have a zutano with lots of fruit.

The issue is I pick the fruits week by week as I need them. I dont know how long the seeds are viable.

Avoman

• Sanger,Ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 01:20:04 PM »
Are they average to large zutano?im trying to get on the larger side if possible, i thinking seeds will last decent 30 to 90 days or so if you have any room in a fridge stored in moist paper towel in plastic bags.shoot me a price per seed and if they have to be picked up in what town or if they can be shipped.

SF

• San Diego, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 02:34:13 PM »
Wanted zutano avocado seeds they would need to be shipped- unless source is comming from from central valley in cal, also might be interested in bacon or fuerte seeds if cheap enough.

How many zutano seeds are you looking for? What would you consider a fair price, and by when do you need the seeds?

Avoman

• Sanger,Ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 05:58:06 PM »
This year only a few hundred would be enough next year approx 1000 to 2000 needed, fair price to me is 5 to 20 cents each for bare seeds, would pay higher if only found entire fruit and not just seeds.

SF

• San Diego, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 04:00:29 PM »
Avoman, For your desired seed quantities it will be practical to get whole fruits, just for the reason I do not have the capacity to manage them. Here are some pictures of the fruits available. Not sure if it matters for your project, the avocados received will be from a certified organic farm.

If this is still of interest to you please let me know the exact quantity desired for this season, and your reasonable offer. I anticipate having the ability to help you next year as well, but it is too early to commit yet as things can change. Also need to figure the shipping logistics from San Diego.