Author Topic: Selling Passiflora Decaisneana Fruit (fruits are sold out, only sell cuttings)  (Read 5026 times)

HoangNguyen

• US, California, San Jose, zone 9b
    • View Profile
We are selling passiflora decaisneana fruits.  Minimum is 2lbs.  We ship with medium flat rate box. The Vine is located in San Jose (9b).  Passiflora decaisneana is the hybrid of passiflora quadrangularis (giant granadilla) and passiflora alata.  Its rind is edible.  The arils are sweet (a little sour), excellent taste.  PM me if you are interested.  Price: $8/lb.

(Update "Pending") we are home growers.  The fruits may run out.  Those people already paid me.  I will ship on Monday or Tuesday.  For those people who PMed and ordered,  I will go by order "First come first serverd".  We only ship in U.S.  Thank you very much.

Fruits are sold out. 

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 03:23:51 PM by HoangNguyen »

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Passiflora Decaisneana Fruit
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 04:31:51 PM »
How much?

Ertdude

• US, Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 04:52:08 PM »
If you decide to ship at all I'm very interested in fruits, plants or cuttings.

HoangNguyen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 06:34:43 PM »

Kevin Jones

• Alabama - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 03:32:53 PM »
I would like to buy some cuttings from you if you have an interest.
Thanks.

Kevin

HoangNguyen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 05:25:37 PM »
I would like to buy some cuttings from you if you have an interest.
Thanks.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I am thinking about selling cuttings.  Please wait or send PM to me if you have any questions.

HoangNguyen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 02:44:08 AM »
I just added the picture of fruit cut.  We are also selling cuttings.  PM me if you are interested.

zephian

• USA, CA, Yuba City Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 08:39:04 AM »
Price on cuttings?
-Kris

HoangNguyen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 04:42:03 PM »
Price on cuttings?

$2 per cutting.  Minimum is 5 cuttings plus shipping.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2019, 01:51:37 AM »
Hoang,

Thank you for the healthy cuttings. The fruit tastes very sweet, and it has no sour taste like most passion fruits I have eaten. Very different taste, never had one like these. I would say it's the best tasting passion fruit that I have had.

Kaz

HoangNguyen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2019, 05:11:02 PM »
Hoang,

Thank you for the healthy cuttings. The fruit tastes very sweet, and it has no sour taste like most passion fruits I have eaten. Very different taste, never had one like these. I would say it's the best tasting passion fruit that I have had.

Kaz

Hi Kaz,

Thank you very much for the review.  I am glad that you like the fruits.

Hoang

HoangNguyen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2019, 07:50:45 PM »
If you decide to ship at all I'm very interested in fruits, plants or cuttings.

Hi Ertdude,

Please PM me.

Thanks,
Hoang

HoangNguyen

• View Profile
The fruits were sold out.  Now I am only selling cuttings.  $2 per cutting.  Minimum is 5 cuttings.  I will ship in U.S only by small flat rate box.

$2 * 5 = $10 plus $7.90 (small flat rate box).  The total is $17.90

Kevin Jones

• Alabama - USA
    • View Profile
Hoang,
The cuttings arrived this afternoon and are in fine shape... well packaged... they look very healthy.
Very generous portion too!
I will get them planted this evening and let you know how it goes.
Thanks for the quick turn-around!

Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones

• Alabama - USA
    • View Profile
Is there a common name for this passiflora?

Kevin Jones

BR

• SWFL
    • View Profile
Thanks Hoang, the fruit were excellent! I was surprised how good they taste. The cuttings are in great shape too! Very excited to grow these, thanks for the quality packaging.

HoangNguyen

• View Profile
Hoang,
The cuttings arrived this afternoon and are in fine shape... well packaged... they look very healthy.
Very generous portion too!
I will get them planted this evening and let you know how it goes.
Thanks for the quick turn-around!

Kevin Jones

Hi Kevin,

I PMed you before I read your response here.  I am happy that you like the cuttings.  I hope you can root them.  I believe I gave you instruction how to root in PM.

Hoang

HoangNguyen

• View Profile
Thanks Hoang, the fruit were excellent! I was surprised how good they taste. The cuttings are in great shape too! Very excited to grow these, thanks for the quality packaging.

Hi Brian,

The fruit is combination of the two good passiflora types (fragrant granadilla and giant granadilla).  Just for reference, In order to get the fruit, we have to hand-pollinate (HP) its flowers.  I am not sure you need to HP in your area.

Hoang

Kevin Jones

• Alabama - USA
    • View Profile
I had to HP my Ruby Glows to get fruit... I know what you mean.

Kevin Jones

HoangNguyen

• View Profile
Is there a common name for this passiflora?

Kevin Jones

Please see the link below:

https://www.passionflow.co.uk/p-alata-comparison-id/

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
Thanks Hoang! The fruit is really tasty and different. Lotsa cuttings, healthy too. Much appreciated!!

sze-ying

• Arizona
    • View Profile
Just received my cuttings, looks super healthy! Can't wait to get these growing, thanks again Hoang.

HoangNguyen

• View Profile
Thanks Hoang! The fruit is really tasty and different. Lotsa cuttings, healthy too. Much appreciated!!

Thank you for the feedback.  Every people  who bought my fruits like the fruit very much.  I hope you can fruit next year from cuttings.

beicadad

• San Diego
    • View Profile
I received the fruits and cuttings. The fruits are very sweet for passion fruits with excellent flavor. The cuttings are heathy too. Thanks Hoang!

The only drawback seems to be relatively small amount of juice for its large size. The rind is very thick and the juice doesn’t occupy the entire internal space (based on three fruits I sampled). I will try the rest to find out if they are the same. But its superior taste more than makes up for it.

I got some purple possum passion fruit from my container vine before it died. Though the fruits were not fully ripe (still mostly green before the vine died), after sitting on counter for a week the flavor is also excellent. With right balance of sweetness and slight tartness, as well as a strong fragrant taste, it’s also a top variety for me. Fortunately I saved some cuttings before the mother plant died and I am growing the cuttings now.

HoangNguyen

• View Profile
I received the fruits and cuttings. The fruits are very sweet for passion fruits with excellent flavor. The cuttings are heathy too. Thanks Hoang!

The only drawback seems to be relatively small amount of juice for its large size. The rind is very thick and the juice doesn’t occupy the entire internal space (based on three fruits I sampled). I will try the rest to find out if they are the same. But its superior taste more than makes up for it.

I got some purple possum passion fruit from my container vine before it died. Though the fruits were not fully ripe (still mostly green before the vine died), after sitting on counter for a week the flavor is also excellent. With right balance of sweetness and slight tartness, as well as a strong fragrant taste, it’s also a top variety for me. Fortunately I saved some cuttings before the mother plant died and I am growing the cuttings now.

Thank you for honest feedback.  The rind of this fruit is edible.  The rind is similar of the rind passiflora quadrangularis.  There are several videos on YouTube that show how to eat passiflora quadrangularis.