Author Topic: EZ-Flow Fertilizer Injector System for your yard  (Read 6204 times)

CA Hockey

• Orange, CA 10a
    • View Profile
Re: EZ-Flow Fertilizer Injector System for your yard
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2018, 02:54:27 PM »
Not sure yet. I’ve read great things about ez flo online, and some larger growers in Florida seem to use their bucket/pail systems from what I can see in various YouTube videos (not the most scientific examination I know 😀)

I’m not sure if it’s ok to put in some thicker solutions like humid acid. I feel there are some thick solutes and particles that could clog the line if not sufficiently diluted.

I still have to read up on how to use the system but soon I’ll chime in with some results.

K

Rnguyen

• 10b orange county, ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2018, 07:46:15 AM »
Any updates on this system.  Depending on the results, I may get one too.
- Rick

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2018, 02:29:12 PM »

Mine is working great so far. fertilizer setting on lowest and watering every other day on my front and backyard, total 19 controllers, and well over 30 sprinklers and 400 drips, the tank has held for over a month with 25-25-25- fertilizer that also had Iron and essential 6 elements, plus seawead extract. as you know fertilizer is very slow feed so results will be slow to show but for sure every plant on drip is getting the much needed fertilizer and nutrients that I was not able to do for 3 years.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 10:40:08 AM by behlgarden »

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2018, 03:32:37 PM »

Mine is working great so far. fertilizer setting on lowest and watering every other week, the tank has held for over a month with 25-25-25- fertilizer that also had Iron and essential 6 elements, plus seawead extract. as you know fertilizer is very slow feed so results will be slow to show but for sure every plant on drip is getting the much needed fertilizer and nutrients that I was not able to do for 3 years.

Without knowing your soil analysis or plant material I've feel the need to chime in about that high P food.  Phosphorous is the most abused, over rated macro mainly because of the prevailing label hype "produces more blooms and strong roots".  Long ago I changed to low P foods like a 5-1-3 or 3-1-2 both in the field in greenhouse.  High P foods will induce micro deficiencies if high enough, don't care how much micros supplements you add.  Concept is "nutrient antagonism".

Peter's High Performance 25-5-10 is hard to beat.  Has a great ammonical to nitrate ratio of N providing for slow and fast release.   25# bag shipped from Amazon is $54.  Keyplex 350 DP is the best micros package I've used whether foliar or soil.  Can be injected.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 03:34:48 PM by Mark in Texas »

CA Hockey

• Orange, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2018, 12:55:17 AM »

Agree with Behl. Mine is working fantastically, plants are growing well. Only downside is that it’s hard for me to tell when the solution is dilute enough hat it’s time to replace the concentrate within the tank. I don’t have a flow meter so I only have estimates. Because most concentrates are colored , I can always examine the effluent and see if it’s colored or not but I’d prefer to be more exact. But otherwise a headache free system that delivers dilute fertilizer to plants with each watering.

K

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2018, 01:14:27 AM »

Agree with Behl. Mine is working fantastically, plants are growing well. Only downside is that it’s hard for me to tell when the solution is dilute enough hat it’s time to replace the concentrate within the tank. I don’t have a flow meter so I only have estimates. Because most concentrates are colored , I can always examine the effluent and see if it’s colored or not but I’d prefer to be more exact. But otherwise a headache free system that delivers dilute fertilizer to plants with each watering.

K

You have a flow meter that the city uses to charge you with.  If you are interested in your flow rates it can be checked using the city's water meter.  Just kick the sprinklers on and measure it.  Good learning exercise for the kids too.
Brad Spaugh

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2018, 10:42:09 AM »
sorry I said I water every other week, its actually every other day. No I dont monitor flow rate but will look into it. I do have 128 psi at my meter so I ma using PRV and have set my psi to over 55, because some of my lines are old and may be blocked so I need to force more PSI in there to get full pressure at every drip/sprinkler head.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk