Author Topic: Be careful how you peel mangos  (Read 2338 times)

DuncanYoung

• Eating Edward Mangos for over 67 years!
    • USA, Florida, West Palm Beach, 33405, 10b
    • View Profile

sildanani

• U.S.A OH, 6a
    • View Profile
Re: Be careful how you peel mangos
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 01:42:00 PM »
That story was so bizarre, that I don't even know how to respond to it. :o
Anisha

Jsvand5

• Ocala FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 02:49:25 PM »
Avocados too

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 06:33:05 PM »
Wow.  And I thought I was having a bad day when I was building my greenhouse, got my hair caught in the power drill and the force of the drill slamming into my face broke my cheekbone!

Carolyn

Stan

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 07:03:43 PM »
Getting old isn't easy. ::)

Zambezi

• USA, Houston, TX. Zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 07:37:53 PM »
Wow.  And I thought I was having a bad day when I was building my greenhouse, got my hair caught in the power drill and the force of the drill slamming into my face broke my cheekbone!

Carolyn

Ahh Carolyn, that must have hurt? Yes, you have to be very careful with hair and any moving parts. I'm glad you are ok.

knlim000

• redwood city,ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 01:29:51 AM »

Carolyn

If you were in my area, I could come help out with the building. I love doing things like that.

Stan

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 01:41:24 PM »

Carolyn

If you were in my area, I could come help out with the building. I love doing things like that.

In that case,come over to my house and help me build a barrier for my fruiting banana. The punks here just love that the bunch decided to grow towards the street. Of all directions.
Just kidding about the help. Not kidding about punks!

knlim000

• redwood city,ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 03:25:47 PM »
Correction. I only like putting kits together.  I hate doing things from scratch. With prebuild/fab kits , it's easy and as long as there's instruction.   So if you have a prefab structure that needs putting together, sure.  But first, I need to finish up my own greenhouse before the winter gets here and kills all my mango trees. 

I have a dozen of the japanese pumpkins growing along the fence in the front yard.  Luckily, all are still there. Nothing missing yet. Maybe my neighborhood don't have that many asians. Otherwise, I think those pumpkins would have been missing long time ago. 

Stan

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 07:43:29 PM »
I was kidding ya Myrna.   :)

I'm thinking either sharpened sticks ;)... Or less deadly, maybe two large pole stakes with wire screening. That might be both easy and not especially ugly.