Author Topic: Anyone here sent plants from Australia overseas?  (Read 1989 times)

robinhood

• Australia,QLD, brisbane
    • View Profile
Anyone here sent plants from Australia overseas?
« on: December 25, 2016, 04:00:21 AM »
Hi just looking to get any advice info,
Thanks

tropicbreeze

• Top End NT Au
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone here sent plants from Australia overseas?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 09:26:59 PM »
I've sent small plant cuttings successfully. One lot to Canada went without any questions at either end and arrived in good order. With another lot going to Thailand, at the post office I was told it was illegal to send plants. I asked them to show me the regulations that stated that. They pulled out (on line) a document that stated that plant material may be subject to quarantine in the country of destination. I suggested they read the document again pointing out that no where did it say the plants couldn't be sent and that any inspection would be done in Thailand, not Australia. They eventually agreed to send it but said it would be my problem when the plants were confiscated and destroyed. The plants got there without ant questions from the Thai authorities. However, trying to bring plants into Australia is far more complicated.

mike rule

• karrabin qld australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 11:11:48 PM »
PM sent.....Mike

robinhood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 04:18:07 AM »
I've sent small plant cuttings successfully. One lot to Canada went without any questions at either end and arrived in good order. With another lot going to Thailand, at the post office I was told it was illegal to send plants. I asked them to show me the regulations that stated that. They pulled out (on line) a document that stated that plant material may be subject to quarantine in the country of destination. I suggested they read the document again pointing out that no where did it say the plants couldn't be sent and that any inspection would be done in Thailand, not Australia. They eventually agreed to send it but said it would be my problem when the plants were confiscated and destroyed. The plants got there without ant questions from the Thai authorities. However, trying to bring plants into Australia is far more complicated.

Thanks for info much appreciated

robinhood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 04:19:57 AM »

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 03:52:59 PM »
I have sent plenty of parcels etc from Australia to overseas.

jmc96

• Wallarah, NSW, Australia, Zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 04:30:12 AM »
Same, sent many, some parcels have taken more than a month to Mexico and India, but did arrive. Only seeds in my case.
I use Fytocell as a packing medium, it's inert, holds water well and has got the seeds to their long destination germinated and viable.