Author Topic: What's wrong with my potted Cherimoyas?  (Read 1331 times)

sosamo

• San Gabriel Valley, CA
    • View Profile
What's wrong with my potted Cherimoyas?
« on: October 14, 2019, 12:01:39 PM »
Is it under watered, over watered, 50 degrees nights, low on nutrients, or just normal for this time of the year in So. Cal?

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
Re: What's wrong with my potted Cherimoyas?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 12:05:31 PM »
when did you pot? remember when you pot, tree develops roots first at expense of growth, once roots are established the plant will take off. I have had some trees like this with tepid growth for 12 plus months only to take off big time next season.

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 12:36:46 PM »
My cherimoya seedling has been seemingly dormant for months... I assume it will resume growth soon as it is still healthy looking.

sosamo

• San Gabriel Valley, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 01:34:02 PM »
when did you pot? remember when you pot, tree develops roots first at expense of growth, once roots are established the plant will take off. I have had some trees like this with tepid growth for 12 plus months only to take off big time next season.

Thanks for the info. They were just barely transplanted into these containers about 2 months ago or so.  Bought them in 5g pots.

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 04:01:45 PM »
Mine look the same, including the one I put in the ground a few months ago. I wouldn't worry about it too much. My experience has been that they take some time to get going after re-potting.

OCchris1

• Old Towne Orange, CA 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 01:13:05 AM »
Thats sunburn in the first image. the trunks cages damaged as well if exposed on a hot day.
-Chris

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 07:44:36 AM »
Trees  dont want to be moved frequently.
Here we have a legend about walnuts that if you move them every year until they fruit,the fruit will get giant when it finally fruits.
Have a dumb neighbour that does this and his giant walnut seedling is 6 years old and less than a meter tall.
My giant walnuts that i dont move like he does have between 1 meter and 1,3 meter height and theire just a year old.

sosamo

• San Gabriel Valley, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 12:36:00 PM »
Trees  dont want to be moved frequently.
Here we have a legend about walnuts that if you move them every year until they fruit,the fruit will get giant when it finally fruits.
Have a dumb neighbour that does this and his giant walnut seedling is 6 years old and less than a meter tall.
My giant walnuts that i dont move like he does have between 1 meter and 1,3 meter height and theire just a year old.

Haha. That's crazy.  I have 1 atemoya from seed. I potted it, up potted it, plant it in the ground, thought it died pull it out of the ground by the trunk, put it in the a pot, started to show growth, put it back in the ground.  So far it is doing ok.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk