Author Topic: whats in season in Sarawak?  (Read 4939 times)

Kada

• Taiwan
    • View Profile
    • Kada's Garden
Re: whats in season in Sarawak?
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2018, 05:00:09 AM »
Are they grown in the mountains at all?  Even in Taiwan, where its cooler in winter, its often grown on hillside.  Also due to land price mind you.  The winters get cooler, 13c or so where I lived, but importantly no rain. Humid, but very little rain so the well drained soil is never wet.  East Malaysia is very very wet in comparison.  I bet a rock type area on a mountainside with that warm fruiting Thai variety would make the farmer a good $

Ertdude

• US, Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
Re: whats in season in Sarawak?
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2018, 12:42:40 PM »
Can  someone help me identify these.  We just left the market  near the Indonesian  border.  Between  the Chinese cave temple ok pulled over for  a few  stop in  the  brushes and spotted these curcurbits.  Any idea what they are?  3 civilised  leaves, somewhat like  a  bean.  Malkin  hard, flesh firm with little taste. Inner seed pulp filled with super hard seeds  and inky color.

Thanks for any suggestions, its really gorgeous ion  person!

That looks like Red Lantern Bitter Watermelon, this is where i first saw that plant https://www.ebay.com/itm/UNCLE-CHAN-50-seed-Red-Lantern-Vine-Bitter-Watermelon-Rare-Cute-Climber-C224/152802144964?hash=item2393b7b2c4:g:iX0AAOSwImRYV6Wx:rk:1:pf:0. currently growing the seeds now. Was it sweet at all?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk