Author Topic: Pringle's Sapote (Casimiroa Pringlei) seedlings for sale  (Read 1936 times)

RiversOFT

• St.augustine Florida United States
    • View Profile
Pringle's Sapote (Casimiroa Pringlei) seedlings for sale
« on: October 22, 2019, 08:59:56 PM »
I have 2 small Pringle's Sapote (Casimiroa Pringlei) seedlings for sale, they’re still small but apparently a pretty rare native fruit, someone described them to me as “pretty much white sapote but way more cold hardy”
Would prefer for now to do local pick up only if anyone’s interested message me
Since they’re pretty rare i’d like to ask $15 a piece or best offer

« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 02:48:47 PM by RiversOFT »
unless someone like you
Cares a whole awful lot
Nothing is going to get better,
It's not

RiversOFT

• View Profile
Re: Pringle's Sapote (Casimiroa Pringlei) seedlings for sale
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 12:32:33 AM »
Lowered to $15 a piece
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 02:50:18 PM by RiversOFT »
unless someone like you
Cares a whole awful lot
It's not

SilverSapote

• United States, Central Texas, 8b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 11:10:57 AM »
someone described them to me as “pretty much white sapote but way more cold hardy”
A local grower in central Texas shared some fresh fruit with me a couple months ago and can confirm that the Pringle's Sapote tree withstood at least Zone 8b cold temperatures whereas the white sapote died back to the ground. Other than the familiar seed, the fruits tasted nothing at all like the white sapote I've had. The closest fruit that they remind me of are kumquats; citrusy, bitter, and pungent. Here's a blog post from the Texas nursery Peckerwood Garden on the fruit..

Will you be keeping any seedlings for yourself? I'm planning on testing out white sapote grafts to see if they can be knocked down a zone for cold tolerance. The web is sparse on info on whether it's possible aside from this post from eight years ago with no updates.

Here's some photos of my largest two-month old seedlings and the fruit for reference:

RiversOFT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 02:52:22 PM »
Still available if anyone’s interested
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 02:58:37 PM by RiversOFT »
unless someone like you
Cares a whole awful lot
It's not

RiversOFT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 02:57:15 PM »
someone described them to me as “pretty much white sapote but way more cold hardy”
A local grower in central Texas shared some fresh fruit with me a couple months ago and can confirm that the Pringle's Sapote tree withstood at least Zone 8b cold temperatures whereas the white sapote died back to the ground. Other than the familiar seed, the fruits tasted nothing at all like the white sapote I've had. The closest fruit that they remind me of are kumquats; citrusy, bitter, and pungent. Here's a blog post from the Texas nursery Peckerwood Garden on the fruit..

Will you be keeping any seedlings for yourself? I'm planning on testing out white sapote grafts to see if they can be knocked down a zone for cold tolerance. The web is sparse on info on whether it's possible aside from this post from eight years ago with no updates.

Here's some photos of my largest two-month old seedlings and the fruit for reference:

Yes I got lucky and got 4 seedlings so keeping 2 and selling 2, would love to see a hybrid of it with white sapote though would be interesting
unless someone like you
Cares a whole awful lot
It's not

RiversOFT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 03:00:14 PM »
Also have 2 small San Pedro cactuses  if anyone’s interested asking $5 a piece

unless someone like you
Cares a whole awful lot