Author Topic: My first no Latex Jackfruit cold strain  (Read 30632 times)

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
Re: My first no Latex Jackfruit cold strain
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2014, 06:44:14 PM »

I received a package of boca snob no latex jackfruit seeds yesterday. I was sent about 17 seeds by the generous breeder of this awesome looking jackfruit!
My snail mail country made them take about a month to get to me but they were packed well and maybe 3 or 4 felt alittle soft.
Most however were firm and swelling with the skin split already a good sign!

Here are some pics of the seeds(ruler is in centimetres)

I'm very excited to have the opportunity to grow this and will keep posting pics as they develop.

Jack I would love to see a pic of the tree and leaves if you can.
 Iv noticed Jackfruit has crazy variation in leaves. There's one large and  old tree growing in a garden centre in my province  with very small thick oval leaves they just leave the smallish soccerball size fruits to mummify on the tree so either it's rubbish or no one there likes it! In comparison young thai sourced seedlings I have leaves are massive and have more pointed tips.

The old garden centre jack variety I see remind me of those mummified variety in the Gambia grown as forage to fatten the cattle & shade for them from the equatorial sun.  It is only edible cook green, or roasting edible seeds.  Ripe fruit would drop down & wine smell draw cattle; it full of latex oozing out & scare baboon far and wide.  Local fisherman used it over abundant saps from fruit & bark to plug holes in their wooden dugout.  Sap make excellent sticky glue for mice when I was in the bush in Ebola countries, mice was raiding our c-ration goodies & bite into our medical supplies, absolute torture watching them strangle in the glop of this wild jackfruit.

Yes I have notice that the sweet good crunchy variety tend to have very large leaves, trees are more compact as compare to those monstrosity with more than generous latex sap and fruit pulp soft gagging you to death. I think F&S Park in Homestead have a couple of these tree, massive trunk.  I guess they are more worth as lumber and the wood is yellowish.  The parent of boca orange snop I cut down, I will be curing it to make saya & to repair my Samurai Armour box for my 35 year old fully functional armour. The wood preserve my kantana better than the old japanese magnolia.  Wood is quite strong & I often give to my Kendo Students so they can make a nice bokken.  When you punch or kick the tree it give so excellent for toughening bone & sinew which lead to fewer injuries during combat practice.  Horrible wood for gun stock since it lightness tend not to absorb shock as well as Hickory or oak. ;)

The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2014, 07:17:04 PM »
hey those pics are great!

I never seen one with no latex!!!

thanks for posting!!!!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Sleepdoc

• Davie, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2014, 08:39:48 PM »
Seadation just brought by a piece of Coconuts Boca Orange Snob Jakfruit, and the Boca Chewy Sugar Apple.   Thank you Coconut !!

This is perhaps the lowest latex crunchy Jack I have personally encountered.  The texture and color were both superb, as well as the flavor.  This is one amazing Jack.   I could seriously eat myself into a stupor if I had enough of this fruit available.   Thanks again

PS - that Boca Sugar Apple - Seriously ?  How is it possible for a sugar apple to be that incredibly delicious !

Seadation

• USA, Miami, Fl, 33176 Zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2014, 05:25:04 PM »
Sleepdoc and I got so into the flavor, texture, color, and taste of the Boca orange snob we forgot to take pictures. It was definitely the best jackfruit I have ever had. We dug into it bare handed no oil and at the end I remember talking about how my hands were a little sticky but clearly any other jack and our hands would have been a total mess. Clearly minimal to zero latex on this fruit totally unbelievable. So when I left home I didn't even wash my hands and drove down 30 min to Miami. When I got home my hands were as soft as a baby's but no latex to be found on my hands or the steering wheel of my car. The carpels are large firm and very thick and meaty with a great flavor. Went straight up to the top of my must have trees period.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 05:26:59 PM by Seadation »

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2014, 05:58:14 PM »
Nice glowing reviews of Coconut's seed breeding efforts. Big congrats to Coconut for putting in the time and effort to make these fruit breeding creations, and sharing them with this community and others.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2014, 08:44:12 PM »
Seadation just brought by a piece of Coconuts Boca Orange Snob Jakfruit, and the Boca Chewy Sugar Apple.   Thank you Coconut !!

This is perhaps the lowest latex crunchy Jack I have personally encountered.  The texture and color were both superb, as well as the flavor.  This is one amazing Jack.   I could seriously eat myself into a stupor if I had enough of this fruit available.   Thanks again

PS - that Boca Sugar Apple - Seriously ?  How is it possible for a sugar apple to be that incredibly delicious !

Boca orange snob no latex trials have came in with every fruit pollinated showing the character of the first fruit on Boca Point Boca Orange snob feature in this post. One tree in royal palm produce a fruit that was dud, no pollination no seed fill empty space; this happen when to many fruits; after opening it green, there were latex but very low & the latex break down quickly without etching my 800 year old kantana unlike its low latex menage a trois parents.  Now I will only concentrate on non laxative edible rag, size & smell.  I bred the smell marker where it ripe when crispy green so it get to market actually crispy crunchy to give that fruit a greater commercial & homeowner shelf life without giving people gas even at overipe like Bangkok Lemon Seedling that sleepdoc was so kind to rush it to me.  Frankly from past tasting of 250 plus jackfruits tree at my grove, I have learn once seeds sprout inside, flavor gone.  So Bangkok lemon sleepdoc will be given a chance to redeem itself, not sitting at a surgical ward all day before it arrive at my place for a post mortem Autopsy.

Boca Pointe Boca Orange snob is the only tree that has fruit the fastest and it is setting a second flowering for this year.  Two flowering in a year, i hope this is not a fluke being an unusual warm 2014.  Thank again for taking the time to be a taster; can only strenghten & encourage me; dont worry the plant will be made available. ;D 8)

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2014, 06:21:48 AM »
Finally the second fruit have a slight smell today. You are in luck Stuart, 10 minutes ago I went out to check the second Boca Orange Snob No latex jack after reading your request for foto of the tree and to my amazement the tree is busy flushing news flowers; male & female infloresenses beside harvesting the second fruit. Here is the Boca Orange Snob No Latex grown in between Boca Giant Dwarf Samoan & Dwarf Spicata Coconuts.  The tree is heavily shade tight among Giant dwarf coconut;

Here is seedling sprouts from the first fruit look like four strong candidates, the rest will be kill for not germinating & growing fast enough after two week of cold stratification in frigerature at 33-34 degree F.

And here is the second fruit, its smaller about 9.3 lbs and I think because half the fruit did not get full pollination;

Here is knife cut into it;

Here is knife, no latex;

Here is bare hand separating some love, the rags were not as sweet in this not fully pollinate fruit as the first. The quality is crunchy sweet a hint of fruit punch.  Does not have that pineapple note that one of its parent the Searle's Brother Seedling.  But it is good enough that I chainsaw down one of its parents to make room for the Boca Snob offsprings.

I am glad it is flowering again for this year & hopefully more fruits by December.  I am dreaming it will be an Ever bearing variety for my area so I can destroy my 200 jackfruit seedlings collection so I can concentrate on willughbeia & landolphia.  I am glad Stuart you are accepting the passing of my Olympic torch as the next Sith Breeder; so now I can die in peace (my wife & I are planning on selling everything, travel the world and raise hell, than our last stop; After we spent all our money nearly flat broke; we get Euthanize in Holland, cremate & our ashes among the Tulip field that we love--not a dime to Uncle Sam. ;D
Thanks for the pics. That tree is beautiful and very healthy it's not minding the shade at all. The fruit makes me very impatient to try it!

Your creations are set to take the word by storm, i know South Africans will flip when they get to taste it. Many here don't even know what a jackfruit is but low latex cruchy and beautiful orange should be more tastey to the western pallet maybe make jackfruit well known here. I dream South Africans can get to know that there is more to life than apples, mango, Litchi and bananas

I hope you don't plan your trip too soon! The fruit world will be a much poorer place when you do give it up:(

That garden centre jacks did have a massive trunk like you said very thick growing well in full highveld sun(some of the most strong intense summer sun you can get!)treated like neglected landscape tree. It's the only jackfruit I have seen in South Africa except some fruit rarely found in durban if you are lucky and I think genetics here are very old soft jack. I can one day show them how an excellent one Taste hopefully:)

Awesome full armour set it reminds me of the Japanese anime and manga I love to watch and read.
Do you ever use your katana for precision pruning ;)

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:11:49 PM by stuartdaly88 »
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2014, 10:01:03 AM »
My seedlings are growing very fast! How many years they should take to fruit? Thank's!  ;)

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2014, 12:32:42 PM »
Luis it was bred to flower and fruit in three years provided you give it spacing of 15-20 feet from the nearest tree full sun on good alluvial soil with high organic.  My tree were grown pack tight five feet spacing as sardine.  Hey its hard to fit 250 jackfruit seedling trees on ten acres with 100 coconut trees & odd and end of my breeding experiment gone wild.  My seedlings are at two feet so I got to get my lazy ass out to repot them.  The Taitung Annona Mafias groups are growing Luc's Mangosteen And this boca snob jack.  They said their is at three to four feet using deep proprietor aerator pot.  I think they just manufacturer it from one of their conglomerate holding facility cause it look like a hybrid of what Excalibur used and the aerator mess pot style.  I have both style and use it to speed up Luc'Mangosteen.  The Taitung use an aerator pot that is four feet deep and 18 inch in diameter, damm it look like an plastic eelpot trap now I think about it...got get my ass up to Okechobee to get the fall eel run.

Anyway  make sure they do not sit in high water table, year round irrigation & plenty of organic make them Flower year round so far in 2014; unusual long hot year which have advance a lot of my fruit two to three months early.  Did you get a 100% germination? I recall the tree from seeds to one year were around ten feet so dont climb the tree!  Year two it will be at 20 feet and year three it be 25-30 and the diameter trunk is around 7 inch so you can safely climb it! ;D. Now this is South Florida with its blessed year round growing season so your area might vary.  I will later send a sample of it to the forestry agency to calibrate the wood quality.  My tree are breed to grow tight and tall, the money here beside the fruit on contract to The New York Fruit Mafias are the yellow lumber for making fine furniture. Wood is quite light and strong, maybe I can get Porsche to make a jack fruit lumber interior, prettier than the boring black cow leather in my wife Macan S twin turbo 400!  My friend Bentley has some nice tropical fossilize wood they call from Australia look very similar to Jack.  Remember I have grown and fruit Thai jackfruit from seeds in 18 months, fruit taste awful and weight of fruit break the tree.  Three years are not so unreasonable for a taste of Eden!  Keep us posted on your progress; I have forgotten to send you the bill! ;D

Stuart yes I used my Kantana for trimming to keep myself accurate so I dont injury my kendo students.. My students love to practice their sword strokes on green jackfruits, mucus latex slow down their ability to cut the fruit in half if they are not concentrating on cutting angles & control breathing, and no need of gasoline trimer to pollute the air. Katana is a deadly weapon so be carefull if you want to be a Samurai Jack in your Jackfruit Orchard! ;D

msk0072

• Greece, Crete, Hania, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2014, 01:45:09 PM »
Coconut can I reserve some seeds of the next season? ;)
Mike

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2014, 01:56:52 PM »
Coconut can I reserve some seeds of the next season? ;)

Yeah check back later this winter, I might post the next batch of fruits from the second flowering on some of the ten trees under arm guards. ;D

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2014, 06:31:47 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply! I think i have to plant her in a not so sunny place to protect her from cold and wind. She will not stand -3C with wind... better to protect her in the midle of my corktrees!  ;D
;D

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2014, 07:44:47 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply! I think i have to plant her in a not so sunny place to protect her from cold and wind. She will not stand -3C with wind... better to protect her in the midle of my corktrees!  ;D
;D

Luis dont sweat about it in shade, you wont get 400 fruits from it in the shade but three to four 25-30 lbs of no latex crunchy orange heaven is quite a bragging right.  All my plant I bred them in a shady and adverse environment.  The tree posted here are sandwich between a mango tree, two giant boca samoan Dwarf and A tall hedge fence.  The bigger they become the more cold resistant.  Orlando area where my uncle live it get down to 25f, so yes I still protect it, once you have fruit & ton of seeds you can do cold selection like me with reckless abandon!  Now come up with an interesting name not Luis Spine pillow, make sure to add the snob in the name somewhere so future breeder know its origin and dont spent decades duplicating my work when they should advancing a line or create a new one.  Maybe you can call it Portuguese Chill Snob when it thrive in -5 celcius; wow that be a new temperate climate fruit! I certainly did not have any wind chill when I was developing it!;D

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2014, 08:20:37 PM »
Luis it was bred to flower and fruit in three years provided you give it spacing of 15-20 feet from the nearest tree full sun on good alluvial soil with high organic.  My tree were grown pack tight five feet spacing as sardine.  Hey its hard to fit 250 jackfruit seedling trees on ten acres with 100 coconut trees & odd and end of my breeding experiment gone wild.  My seedlings are at two feet so I got to get my lazy ass out to repot them.  The Taitung Annona Mafias groups are growing Luc's Mangosteen And this boca snob jack.  They said their is at three to four feet using deep proprietor aerator pot.  I think they just manufacturer it from one of their conglomerate holding facility cause it look like a hybrid of what Excalibur used and the aerator mess pot style.  I have both style and use it to speed up Luc'Mangosteen.  The Taitung use an aerator pot that is four feet deep and 18 inch in diameter, damm it look like an plastic eelpot trap now I think about it...got get my ass up to Okechobee to get the fall eel run.

Anyway  make sure they do not sit in high water table, year round irrigation & plenty of organic make them Flower year round so far in 2014; unusual long hot year which have advance a lot of my fruit two to three months early.  Did you get a 100% germination? I recall the tree from seeds to one year were around ten feet so dont climb the tree!  Year two it will be at 20 feet and year three it be 25-30 and the diameter trunk is around 7 inch so you can safely climb it! ;D. Now this is South Florida with its blessed year round growing season so your area might vary.  I will later send a sample of it to the forestry agency to calibrate the wood quality.  My tree are breed to grow tight and tall, the money here beside the fruit on contract to The New York Fruit Mafias are the yellow lumber for making fine furniture. Wood is quite light and strong, maybe I can get Porsche to make a jack fruit lumber interior, prettier than the boring black cow leather in my wife Macan S twin turbo 400!  My friend Bentley has some nice tropical fossilize wood they call from Australia look very similar to Jack. Remember I have grown and fruit Thai jackfruit from seeds in 18 months, fruit taste awful and weight of fruit break the tree.  Three years are not so unreasonable for a taste of Eden!  Keep us posted on your progress; I have forgotten to send you the bill! ;D

Stuart yes I used my Kantana for trimming to keep myself accurate so I dont injury my kendo students.. My students love to practice their sword strokes on green jackfruits, mucus latex slow down their ability to cut the fruit in half if they are not concentrating on cutting angles & control breathing, and no need of gasoline trimer to pollute the air. Katana is a deadly weapon so be carefull if you want to be a Samurai Jack in your Jackfruit Orchard! ;D

I don't think the thai grow them from seeds because i see them grafted in every shop that sells fruittree's.

But if you want to mention that they are not nice then better brag about the (European) cars...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:00:25 PM by bangkok »

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2014, 03:34:47 PM »
The Pakistani Marble Jackfruit ripe last week, this is the parent of Boca Orange Snob. Here is member Sedeation aka Ron molesting its green goodness back in August.

This variety I got around seven or eight years ago from a fruit at Hi-market in New Jersey produce a spicy flavor fruit that have a very long keeping quality. The skin from young & old fruitts are not  spiky but smooth & could fool you into picking it to early. Member Sedeation was too lazy to pickup the fruit too busy treating Ebola Victim so I led Frank aka Fransciso and his wife Diane try their first no latex to little latex crunchy jackfruit.  Diane is allergic to latex so I was worry, she ate it and did not die yet, good she is a former Nurse at John Hopskin so we are safe. If she did, Frank & I had an alibi, she just cameback from West Africa!:D

hardly any latex on knife & why I select it small size fruit & almost no latex to develop the Boca Orange snob.

This fruit develop unique flavor, when we cut open it taste like chupa chupa, musk melon, Sat in frigerature for four day, open ate a little taste like mango pine apple  and today after a week rotting in the frig my dog and I polish the quarter of the fruit we kept; its still crunchy but have a feuity strawberry rasperry taste with a blossom curry smell; that is ehy I am falling in love with Pakistani variety. Its rags are pink reddish the iphone camera just cant capture. Rags are sweet tart and does not give me the fart that Boca Orange snob has.
The seeds are small marble like as compare to Boca Orange Snob kidney white shape.

Here is my girls consuming the fruit, my Malteses favorite fruit is Jackfruit not annona.

Today I have also received a letter from my Nazi HOA attesting to a strong malordous perfumery imagine by those Geriatric without a cause on constant gerital & Viagra duties.

Last week when the fruit ripe it emit a strong aged dog shit or limbuger cheese with curry thrown in, my wife complained Bella or Belle, the girls here had GI infection again, the feces smell; they are so cute how dare to be accuse of such fruity crimes.

I took the fruit over to Frank house and I can say his house now smell like shit but the strange thing like durian the closer you get to the the fruit it smell of heaven but a hundred yard away I could sware Frank farted! :-X  :-X  ::).  I prefer the Pakistani dog shit smelly fruit over the much tamer Boca Orange Snob I have developed for the white guys taste; at least I know this part Choctaw Indian Shaman can light several errant fires in the Nazi hood to trouble my neighboors from my farts, hopefully they all die off so I can indoctrinate the younger Jewish new owners moving in to turn our Jewish Golden Ghetto into a Golden Kosher fruity-hood!  And I am the only Chief in this crazy neighboorhood thank you very much!  ;D

Seadation

• USA, Miami, Fl, 33176 Zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2014, 09:57:03 PM »
Congrats on the beautiful fruit Jack! Sorry I couldn't pass by been getting out of work late. Looks like I missed out on an amazing Jack. Next time! Let me know if you need me to help you out with the Whitman fiberless love to try it.
Ron

apresser

• USA, Hawaii, Haleiwa
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2014, 11:04:19 PM »
Coconut, do you think I can also reserve some seeds of the Boca Orange Snob this winter?

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2014, 12:04:20 AM »
Wow! I might have to plant some of these orange snobs myself! Coconut, are you saying they are certified kosher? Can we start exporting these fruits to Israel? Maybe they can substitute this orange snob for traditional etrog? ;-)
Oscar

davidgarcia899

• Marabu Groves - Redland, Florida
  • Marabu Groves
    • USA, Miami-Dade, 33187, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2014, 10:02:32 AM »
You gonna share any budwood coconut
- David Antonio Garcia

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2015, 06:23:48 PM »
Coconut,

Here is the Boca Snob seedling, its doing well  :). I removed the waterboxx with no problems after taking the picture.

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2015, 01:51:57 AM »
Stephen mine is triple that size and flowering already.  It was bred to flower in 18 months or two years to increase my breeding immortality.  You need to give it lot of redneck fertilizer, y'all mom is not taking care of it I can tell.  Nice to know it is doing well better than Bob407 in Puerto Rico keep telling me he keep trimmimg a foot off while grown in a pot.  I am glad some one decide to stick it in the ground finally.  Oh make sure to cut the fertile fruit or abort it until third year when it twenty feet than you can have as much fruit as you want wit its 8 inch diameter.  I am counting on you to spread it around.  I sold my Jackfruit plantation in Loxahatchee to a mutual fund complex this summer.  Exiting the real estate cause we are coming into a bubble and get the help out of the stock market, its bubble is waiting burst.  Next downturn I will buy it again or different area and start the cycle again.  I have develop what I think is a better Orange snob suitable for pot cultures; I am still waiting for the dam thing to flower after four years! It fruit is around five lbs, almost zero or no latex, sweet crunchy tart flavor with green scale resistant and handle cold like snob or better; ran out of room so stuck it in shade that is why slow growth but I recently saw a 4o foot red malay apple down and this Annamese pakistani cross is taking off! Its spiciness will win many hearts and mine!👍🏻 Thank You for not killing my research, Rare Fruit Seti Project!😄

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2015, 05:00:19 AM »
The cut fruit looks very much like many of the orange crispy low latex types here that are the best I have tried.

Delvi83

• Italy
    • View Profile
    • Il Gusto della Natura
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2015, 07:06:33 AM »
Congratulation  :D

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2015, 11:51:32 AM »
Coconut,

I have started to fertilize with osmocote, otherwise the first several months it has received no supplemental water besides what the waterboxx supplied and the natural rain.

It seems to be established in the ground now, so I took off the waterboxx. My mother does not reliabily water, I call her to remind her to water the plants in the ground when there is an extended dry spell lasting more then 2 weeks.

This Boca snob is getting the wild treatment in PSL. I will be updating when it makes more progress. So far its looking good just growing a bit slow (probably due to lower fertilizer application and less water.

Don't worry I will spread it around. I will even start planting it near in the public areas such as natural reserves etc. Once I get my hands on some biodegradable waterboxxes.

Bob407

• Isla de Bieke, PR 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2015, 01:18:00 PM »
Jack, my Orange snobs are doing well and I only cut a foot off and clipped some leaves in half after they were bare rooted and took a nice journey through the mail. The top foot of one tree was spindly and it had to go since the tree was quite stressed on arrival(it was four foot tall). It responded by growing another foot and sending out six branches. I must have done something right since all three trees have survived, some cannot make the same claim with the Orange snob. Another concern is that the hurricanes will easily wipe out a tall, top heavy tree, especially if it is carrying fruit as large as the jack fruit. I don't want it to look like a Georgia pine more like a Georgia peach. I also had the chance to see how a short earthquake can bring top heavy trees down easily. This one is going to be low and branched. The soil and extended dry periods are another concern. I have much more control in a pot until it is ready for its new home in ground. Many trees that are planted out by others here quickly succumb to the elements and perish, it also seems that there is an issue with root development for some trees in this soil which is much like concrete. I don't feel like risking it with this one! Time will tell, of course, and I plan on having fruit to show.
Life is good