Author Topic: Special Sweet Starfruit / Carambola seeds, 10 for 8 usd  (Read 1256 times)

nimfasnursery

• My new profile: nimfa.seedpirates
    • South-East Asia
    • View Profile
    • SeedPirates
Special Sweet Starfruit / Carambola seeds, 10 for 8 usd
« on: August 04, 2017, 10:39:32 AM »
My favourite Starfruit💛 The colour is lighter and it is a lot sweeter than the regular Starfruit.
10 seeds for 8 usd

My new profile: nimfa.seedpirates
Available seeds: Seedpirates.org
Facebook/seedpirates
Instagram: @seedpirates

barath

• Southern California, USDA Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Special Sweet Starfruit / Carambola seeds, 10 for 8 usd
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 09:51:18 AM »
My favourite Starfruit💛 The colour is lighter and it is a lot sweeter than the regular Starfruit.
10 seeds for 8 usd

Sounds interesting!  How do you propagate this one?  If I remember right, starfruit isn't that true from seed.

nimfasnursery

• My new profile: nimfa.seedpirates
    • South-East Asia
    • View Profile
    • SeedPirates
Re: Special Sweet Starfruit / Carambola seeds, 10 for 8 usd
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 03:01:04 PM »
I know it is common to propagate by seed. After some research I found they are not true to type:

"To find out, we planted seven seeds taken from the commercial yellow Florida variety 'Arkin.'
Trees began to produce fruit in 2-3 years. Four give orange fruit, but on three the fruit turns from green to nearly white, to pale orange as it ripens. Two of the orange-fruited trees are very sour, one is moderately sour, and the other is sweet. Two of the light-colored fruits are slightly sour with fair flavor, but we think that one tastes as good as or better than commercial varieties. (It will not become a commercial variety because the ideal commercial shape here is long with short "wings," which are less likely to be damaged in shipping. All these seedlings were shorter and had longer wings than the commercial varieties.) Several are good enough to leave for fruit production.
If you do not have sweet carambola in your country, you may request a packet of seed. You may even find one that will be so good it will become a new variety for your country."
https://echocommunity.site-ym.com/resource/resmgr/a_to_z/azch12ge.htm

10 seeds for 8 usd

Sounds interesting!  How do you propagate this one?  If I remember right, starfruit isn't that true from seed.
My new profile: nimfa.seedpirates
Available seeds: Seedpirates.org
Facebook/seedpirates
Instagram: @seedpirates

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk