Citrus > Citrus General Discussion

Cara Cara yellow leaves??

(1/3) > >>

Susanne42:
I got two cara cara a couple of weeks ago. Right from the beginning one looked very pale and the other one a bit more green. After re potting one of the plants really darkened and put out a lot of new growth while the other one did nothing but instead got more ad more yellow. I thought as long as the leaves are not falling off, still hope for a turnaround. Now the leaves are dropping, weather changes and no sign of any growth. What is wrong with this tree? Is there a chance it can survive?

and new growth

Millet:
There is hardly any green coloration at all in those leave.  I would fertilize the tree with a 250 ppm nitrogen.

Susanne42:
Millet this tree get the same FP fertilizer plus organic citrus fert. every four weeks. It is not the lack of nitrogen I assume.
I water with rain water. This plant has not moved one bit. No new growth despite food and water.
When you say 250ppm nitrogen, what do I use? This is the only tree in my collection looking like this.

Millet:
Susanne you can certainly grow your trees as you see fit.  In my opinion, for what it worth, I would forget organic type fertilizers.  Citrus are heavy feeders, and do best on conventional  type fertilizers.   I would also fertilize the tree once every two weeks instead of once a month.   From looking at the coloration of the tree's leaves it definitely looks VERY deficient in nitrogen.

Susanne42:
Millet I don't know what to answer to that. If you look at the two, both same treatment, one growing gangbuster and dark green, the other one the total opposite, wouldn't it be more plausible to think something is wrong with the ability to take up nutritions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version