Author Topic: Origin of Yuzu, ichang lemon, sudachi and where does its resistance to cold come  (Read 1658 times)

Till

• Germany, Simmerath (City), Zone 7
    • View Profile
Lemon and Citron should be distinguished, right? Lemon is a hybrid between Citron (male part) and Sour orange.

drymifolia

• Seattle 9a/sunset zone 5
    • View Profile
    • the drymifolia collective
Lemon and Citron should be distinguished, right? Lemon is a hybrid between Citron (male part) and Sour orange.

It is ancient so we can only use genetic analysis to know the exact ancestry of lemons. Clearly it has citron in the mix, and some studies have suggested that was crossed with bitter orange/sour orange, but unfortunately those studies relied on the amplification of fragments of DNA markers, which is the technique that has proven to be flawed. So they might be correct, maybe even you could say they probably are correct, but until someone does a full-genome analysis, the exact parentage is not known with any confidence.

mikkel

• Lueneburg, Germany Zone 7
    • View Profile

True, I did a lot of other speculation

you did.
Nothing wrong with speculation, but on your side it always sounds like a fact.

mikkel

• View Profile

You are treating this as if these are different experiments that each prove the same thing. In actuality, each of these studies are just examining certain markers. Probably many of those markers overlap between the different studies. ...

have you even read my post ?

Unfortunately I am afraid there may be a little bit of a language barrier between us, so communication about some of these precise things might be difficult.

don't hide behind arguments like these!
first of all, read what i wrote. then reflect , then answer.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 02:29:03 PM by mikkel »

Lauta_hibrid

• Argentina, Buenos Aires, La Plata 9B
    • View Profile
Here I took the time and was able to make the graph joining sizes, leaf shapes and distribution of the populations of wild mandarins and c.  Ichangensis.  On the mandarin map, the black triangle is where mangshanyeju was found as I remember.  notice that it almost overlaps the Citrus Ichangensis "SS" sample.

I want to clarify so that there is no confusion, this is not "the truth" because that is not how science works, it is a graphic summary of the conclusions of all the research works that I added to this topic.  They are not my conclusions, they are conclusions of the researchers I cited, there may always be new research or some from other researchers that can contrast something.  I hope my effort is beneficial to you.

mikkel

• View Profile
ichangensis is quite variable

this is an ichangensis from southwestern guizhou province, China
probably a cluster III type on your table

similar to the type described here:
https://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/jpgr/jpgr/2012/00000013/00000006/art00002
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 05:09:29 PM by mikkel »

mikkel

• View Profile
another type more reminding to Ichang Lemon, might not be a true wild one

https://www.fousdepalmiers.fr/html/forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=8570