Author Topic: Geodesic dome greenhouse build  (Read 13316 times)

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Geodesic dome greenhouse build
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2020, 11:43:51 PM »
Thx Jabba.I googled to see if you have these birds in North America and you dont have them but you do have that saying that new born kids are brought by the stork.
This is the original bird from that saying.
Migrates between Europe and South Africa.

Yeah, unfortunately no storks, except for every once in a while you can catch a glimpse of one dropping a newborn off down a chimney :P

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2020, 04:08:59 PM »
Tomorrow im going to start building the 5 triangular windows on the top of the dome.
All 5 windows on the top will open and close at same time and look somewhat like a flower opening her petals.
Il be using stainless steel bolts and nuts and plates to weld and build all the hinges custom as there is nothing like this that can be bought or found for sale.

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2020, 11:10:06 AM »
Tomorrow im going to start building the 5 triangular windows on the top of the dome.
All 5 windows on the top will open and close at same time and look somewhat like a flower opening her petals.
Il be using stainless steel bolts and nuts and plates to weld and build all the hinges custom as there is nothing like this that can be bought or found for sale.

Wow, that's the way to do it!  Good luck.

Kevin Jones

• Alabama - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2020, 10:04:41 AM »
I believe Sea Walnut is no longer with us on the forum... there were some issues which rankled a few folks apparently.

Kevin

Kevin Jones

• Alabama - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2020, 12:43:19 AM »
I received a message today on YouTube from SeaWalnut and he is still with us... checks in regularly... glad you are still there SeaWalnut!

And thanks again for the rare melon seeds... I will plant them in the spring and give you a full report.

Kevin
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 12:45:06 AM by Kevin Jones »

Epicatt2

• Fruit forest in progress . . .
    • Tampa, FL / Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2020, 02:32:04 AM »
I received a message today on YouTube from SeaWalnut and he is still with us... checks in regularly... glad you are still there SeaWalnut!

That's good to learn, Kevin.

And thanks again for the rare melon seeds... I will plant them in the spring and give you a full report.

Likewise I received a generous number of those same melon seeds along with a very nice written note for how to care for them asking that I please share some of them, which I plan to do since I received more seeds than I will ever have room to grow.  And that's part of what SW was hoping would happen; that some of the seeds be shared.

Cheers!

Paul M.
==

Kevin Jones

• Alabama - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2020, 07:46:34 AM »
I think he had a unique viewpoint on many subjects... it's nice to get another perspective sometimes...

Kevin

Pokeweed

• Houston TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2020, 11:31:54 AM »
I was wondering what happened to SW. I miss his posts. Very unconventional thinker. D

NateTheGreat

• SF Bay Area, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2020, 11:38:32 AM »
Merry Christmas SeaWalnut!

forumfool

• Canton, GA 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2020, 01:32:26 PM »
I think he had a unique viewpoint on many subjects... it's nice to get another perspective sometimes...

Kevin

Agree. It sucks that hostility leads to people leaving the forum just makes the ideas less diverse and the board less interesting.

Merry Christmas all....