Author Topic: 2017 Southeastern Citrus Expo Reminder & Update  (Read 1751 times)

Marj

• Savannah, GA, 8B
    • View Profile
2017 Southeastern Citrus Expo Reminder & Update
« on: October 06, 2017, 06:13:36 PM »
    If you grow citrus or want to learn how, Savannah, GA is the place to be on November 17 and 18, 2017.

You have less than two weeks to make your hotel reservations!
Quality Inn Midtown Savannah 7100 Abercorn St. Savannah, GA 31406
https://www.choicehotels.com/georgia/savannah/quality-inn-hotels/ga809

The group rate is $85 plus tax per night for Friday, November 17 and Saturday November 18. The weeknight room rate applies for nights before or after the expo. Call the hotel directly by October 15 and say you are with the citrus expo to get the $85 per night rate. 912-352-7100

The Citruholics Banquet, Friday, November 17,  6:00 PM, Sweet Potatoes Kitchen, 6825 Waters Ave, Savannah. RSVP to
<marjschneider@bellsouth.net>

Don't forget to order your box lunch, catered by Jason’s Deli: $10, beef or turkey on focaccia or vegetarian wrap, sides, beverages, dessert, gluten-free upon request. Lunches must be ordered in advance by November 15 through <marjschneider@bellsouth.net> and paid for at the door.

The expo sessions on November 18 will be held at Skidaway Island State Park. The conference registration fee is $10 at the door, with a $5 parking fee for most vehicles.

For information about November 17 optional tours, the conference schedule or to be a vendor, contact <marjschneider@bellsouth.net>

The following documents can be emailed to you upon request:
A PDF map to visit the plantings at Armstrong State University;
The citrus contest details and entry form;
A list of citrus trees available from two GA growers for GA residents to pre-order and pick up at the expo.
A document with directions for expo venues will be available soon.

Tom

• USA, Alabama,Montgomery, zone 8
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Southeastern Citrus Expo Reminder & Update
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 11:04:42 PM »
The link posted says $52 per night. ???

Susanne42

• Michigan Zone 5/6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 12:15:18 PM »
Tom if you go to the site and check in date for november, right now it will be $77

Tom

• USA, Alabama,Montgomery, zone 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 01:00:13 PM »
Suzanne42, that’s not what I get when I click on the link for that motel. Now I get quoted senior $65 pay now non refundable or pay $69 at check in and free cancellation. AARP or over 60 is quoted at $70. I think it’s changing a little but I wrote down what it was quoting. Maybe my computer thinks I’m a member of this hotel chain or something. I still have not been quoted a dollar amount for those dates as high as the discounted Citrus Expo rates. It might be my error or a computer thing but they list a lower price every way you figure for what I am seeing. Tom
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:44:36 PM by Tom »

Citradia

• USA/NC/Old Fort/6B
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 06:09:03 PM »
When I called Hotel today and mentioned the citrus expo discount, I was told 202 dollars with tax for the two days. I booked online cheeper through my Exploria Marketplace account.