Author Topic: What's in a name?  (Read 1666 times)

BENDERSGROVE

• BENDER'S TROPICAL GROVE
    • USA, Davie, FL 33331, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
What's in a name?
« on: June 14, 2015, 04:06:32 PM »
Had a good customer tell me yesterday that a certain Fl nursery, which I won't name, because I think everyone will figure it out pretty quickly, they are offering a mango called Rosizest! Really? Where does anyone come up with this nonsense. Now I trust my customer implicitly and he is also a forum  member. So my question is this, do you really need to screw over people that bad to sell a tree? If true, and I believe it is. I think it's pretty pathetic. Now if such a tree and fruit exist I would love to see it, along with the Easterbunny and Santa!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 04:08:43 PM by BENDERSGROVE »

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
Re: What's in a name?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 04:20:49 PM »
It couldn't be RosigoldxLemonZest?
John

Andrew

• Davie, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 11:01:07 PM »
Hey Mike, I was able to find the webpage if anyone else is curios. I hope I don't offend anyone by mentioning who is selling it but it was TropicalTreasues on EBay. I was told they are part of TopTropicals or that they just have really strong ties to them. There's two distinct listing on their page for a 1 gallon Rosigold and a 1 gallon Rosigold Zest along with unique pictures for both. Which makes me think that it was not a mistake and that they are trying to pass them off as two distinct trees.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rosigold-Zest-Mango-1-gallon-Grafted-/111690678656?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1a01488180

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 11:57:09 PM »
which they are also doing with lemon zest and orange sherbert--both of which are lemon zest...pisses me off--it's like the ice cream banana scam
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk