Author Topic: FYI...My experience ordering seeds from Mexico  (Read 971 times)

fruitloopy

• USA,FL,Stuart, 10a
    • View Profile
FYI...My experience ordering seeds from Mexico
« on: June 19, 2019, 06:14:14 PM »
I just wanted to warn others by relating my experience buying seeds from Mexico.   I had USDA labels, paperwork, and USPS tracking numbers for 2 packages of annona seeds from 2 different senders.  After 5 months, trips to the post office, multiple contacts to U.S. Customs and border patrol. USCBP lied to me and claimed that the packages were incorrectly addressed and attempted deliveries failed.  I have a photo of the CORRECTLY addressed package prior to shipment.  I’ve had more success having seeds mailed from halfway around the world by regular mail. Watch out!

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Re: FYI...My experience ordering seeds from Mexico
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 08:18:26 PM »
It might be the customs guys that opened the package,seened seeds and they confiscated them.
Here the customs are verry suspicious about seeds because they think are cannabis seeds altough canabis seeds are legal and a lot of people have impressive ,,collections,, of canabis cultivars seeds.
What species of annona did you ordered?

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 09:07:44 PM »
i wonder if u had the same issue i had, where the address on the green yellow label the provide for you was an undeliverable address, as it was for me.

the post office wouldn't deliver to the address on the label they made me use, and i lost like $600 worth of myrciaria guaquiea seeds, a few times.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

NateTheGreat

• SF Bay Area, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 09:30:53 PM »
I had a package get sent back as undeliverable with incomplete/incorrect address by USPS a few months back. I called and went through their menu options to request a redelivery, and to my surprise they did deliver it a few days later. Also to my surprise, the address was written perfectly on it. I think what happened is it got sent by USPS to the wrong regional sorting facility, and they didn't want to bother with sorting it out so they just marked the address as incomplete. It could be something similar, that a USPS employee incorrectly marked it as undeliverable.