Author Topic: Need help on my dragon fruit  (Read 2444 times)

Brandon909

• Ontario, California
    • View Profile
Need help on my dragon fruit
« on: October 01, 2017, 09:46:44 PM »
What kind of fungic​ is this? First time seeing this. I'd be happy with any help

miracle

• Los Angeles, California, 10A
    • View Profile
Re: Need help on my dragon fruit
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 01:09:23 AM »
Too much water, soil is wet ---> root rot
or Sun burn when temperature is over 100 degree F
Simple life is the best...cause life is too short.
Let it be....

Brandon909

• Ontario, California
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 02:32:33 AM »
Alright thanks for the info really appreciate it. Yea I could be over watering my dragon fruit

miracle

• Los Angeles, California, 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 09:20:38 AM »
Alright thanks for the info really appreciate it. Yea I could be over watering my dragon fruit
I had a lot of dragon fruit plants both in ground and in pot. I only water one per week in normal temperature and two time per week when temperature is over 100 degree F, even so I noticed that the top of my df plants had some sun burn as it in your pictures.
Simple life is the best...cause life is too short.
Let it be....

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 01:54:40 AM »
I just hardly ever water mine,  I just allowed it to crawl up a wall,  onto a chain link fence.  ( about 20 feet in the air ) at one time the main feeder from the ground broke,  but it manages to stay alive and produce fruit with its roots and sent down some more ( i think ) I have already gotten about 8 Pitayas from that plant this year, and has 3 more still on it.

Although they are cactus, and can really stay alive in long droughts,   they do thrive on some moisture. ,   we have had regular rains this year, and no dry season,  so they do well, I do not spray them with anything, and they keep growing like weeds here.
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

Brandon909

• Ontario, California
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 04:50:08 PM »
Yea they're really good at surviving in drought. I bought a physical graffiti off a neighbor poor little guy wasn't watered in months

OCchris1

• Old Towne Orange, CA 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 01:20:02 AM »
I believe the damage occurs more when the branches are more horizontal than vertical. Water can pool up and cause rot and the sun can scorch easier. Chris
-Chris

Avinsmith

• Viet Nam
    • View Profile
    • Www.facebook.com/avnsmith
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 02:04:37 AM »
Alot of Nitrogen, water
Apply canxi.

Sven

• USA, Sounthern California, Jamul, 9B 3000 ft.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 09:46:52 AM »
These are rainforest cacti so they actually like a lot of water.  Your damage looks like sunburn to me as well.  Not watering enough can significantly increase their susceptibility to sunburn.  If you have well draining soil you can and should water every day.  If you water too much the green parts of the stem below ground level will rot off and leave just the central core, but it still won't usually kill the plant.  It's really hard to overwater dragon fruit if you have good draining soil.  They are shallow rooted plants so they do better with smaller amounts of water more often.  I water mine every day.

Brandon909

• Ontario, California
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 06:25:19 PM »
It was sunburned but it also had fungus.I bought it from a nursery they had a ad on Craigslist i saw the pictures they all looked really nice and healthy. So I called them to make a appointment to pick them up I even told them if they were the same ones in the pictures, they told they were so I went to go pick them up took me a 1 hour to get their. When I checked out the plants they were completely the opposite of what they looked like in the picture most of them were all sunburned and chewed up by ants, I didn't want to leave empty handed so I took the decent looking one. That's the last time I'm buying something from Craigslist

Brandon909

• Ontario, California
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 06:28:34 PM »
I normally water my dragon fruit every three days or until the soil dries up. They do love moisture

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk