Author Topic: What’s wrong with my baby Moringa tree?  (Read 1041 times)

Fujigardenz

• Placerville, CA, Zone 9a
    • View Profile
What’s wrong with my baby Moringa tree?
« on: July 23, 2020, 02:46:37 PM »
I just got this little dude in the mail a couple days ago, came from Florida. I repotted it today, the roots were wrapped around the pot but not strangling it. I think I over watered it a bit but I know it’s also got to adjust to my climate. The leaves aren’t turning yellow before they dry up. It was in a pot 1/3 or 1/4 size of what it’s in now. I didn’t disturb the roots and it’s in full sun. Any tips on how else to care for it?? I also did not water it after reporting. I think it needs to breathe!

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
Re: What’s wrong with my baby Moringa tree?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 03:02:19 PM »
looking sad. they ship poorly.

I would keep it in shade or dappled light and hope for best. Don't overwater or let it dry out too much. light mist here and there.

they are tough once they get going.

Dirt Diva

• Houston, Tx 9A
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel for the DivingTemptress
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 05:44:05 PM »
looks like it was water deprived shipping in the heat.  I agree with shade till it recovers. Good luck, if it survives, it should start to flourish soon.

Happy Gardening !
P J, the Dirt Diva
P J, the DivingTemptress and Dirt Diva

RodneyS

• Cerritos, CA (Zone 11a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 05:55:16 PM »
In my opinion, the moringa should've been acclimated to your climate for a week in shade.  Moringa is quite a hardy tree, though.  As long as the tubular tap root (looks like ginger) is fine, then it'll grow

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 08:15:27 PM »
Buddy, just throw some moribga seeds in the pot, they grow like weeds.  No need to buy a plant. 

Its really humid in FL, so you take it and throw it out in full sun in CA, its too much of a quickchange. 

If you grow from seeds, the plant is already acclimated from day 1. 

Brad Spaugh

Fujigardenz

• Placerville, CA, Zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 06:40:13 PM »
Buddy, just throw some moribga seeds in the pot, they grow like weeds.  No need to buy a plant. 

Its really humid in FL, so you take it and throw it out in full sun in CA, its too much of a quickchange. 

If you grow from seeds, the plant is already acclimated from day 1.

I ended up buying seeds and those have been planted today. But I was also happy to see my tree recovering and sprouting new leafs! They are hardy indeed

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk